Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs time. Our program needs consistency. The odds of us hiring a savior to come in here and fix the program if we fire Pruitt in year 2 are nil. Give the guy time, and if it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out. I still think he can get it done. He's a first time head coach, and, in spite of what we saw Saturday, we know that he knows talent and football. Give him time and if he fails then he fails. At least other coaches see that we gave him a chance. I still think he can succeed here.
Does him being an outsider - and specifically a Bama guy - shorten his leash to the average fan, in your opinion?

Also, Pruitt is a prickly guy. Not saying that’s good or bad. But if he gets irritable with the players or fans does that also shorten his leash. Butch bought himself some time with that top 5 legacy class and he kept selling Tennessee as his “dream job.” Pruitt doesn’t pander like that - which is fine if you win.

Realistically how many years do y'all think it'll take before we are back in Atlanta for the SEC Championship?

I'll say 5 minimum barring UGA death penalty

We need to be completely rebuilt on the lines of scrimmage and will also likely need a stud QB. And it will need to be a year when UGA plays Bama and both Auburn and LSU are very good.

Reactions: JCP201
BYU’s radio play by play guy was on WNML yesterday and it was pretty interesting.

Basically said they felt like Utah got them out of their game early and two pick 6’s made the score look worse than it actually was.

He said much like Tennessee he expects BYU to come out and try to establish the run.

Their top RB, TySon Williams, transferred in from South Carolina and has played in neyland before and had some success against us. He said he thinks that will help them because he’ll be able to tell his teammates what to expect.

This is not a slight at you but this is so overplayed. Hey guys I've played there. Expect it to be loud.....ok thanks for the heads up.

You cant fire him unless you have a proven coach guaranteed to take the job. But, its unlikely a proven coach would want this job if we fired Pruitt in 2 yrs.

That’s Fulmers job to do quietly in the background. He should be gauging interest with potential HCs until this thing is firmly back in track. All off record of course.

Best support we could give the players we see giving effort and improving is for one of you guys to start a PLAYERS OF THE WEEK THREAD so the players who do play well and give effort or continue to improve can read our impressions and be supported. I still think we should do this after every game. It would be great in my view.......................................
I think it's a good idea. Nominees for last week: JJ, Gray and To'oto'oo

Does him being an outsider - and specifically a Bama guy - shorten his leash to the average fan, in your opinion?

Also, Pruitt is a prickly guy. Not saying that’s good or bad. But if he gets irritable with the players or fans does that also shorten his leash. Butch bought himself some time with that top 5 legacy class and he kept selling Tennessee as his “dream job.” Pruitt doesn’t pander like that - which is fine if you win.
Yes, as I rapped earlier, the intern was sycophantic.

I think some will foolishly hold bama against him. That's dumb. He wears orange now. But if fans are concerned, they need to listen to Fulmer. If Fulmer thinks that more time is needed then we need to follow him. He loves Vol football as much or more than any of us and knows more about football and what's going on behind the scenes more than any of us.

Reactions: JacketVol

Can't even compare the losses. LSU had a healthy roster, a winning culture, and regularly beat up on ranked teams/their rivals before and after that game. UT has been stuck in 5-7 land forever and can't even beat Vandy. One bad loss is easy to dismiss, but we had an atrocious loss in the middle of an atrocious stretch of football.

Bass, you almost had a conniption when I had the audacity to suggest it would be an uphill battle for Pruitt to win the East here.

Maybe you should practice a few hot takes as well - might get you closer to the wheelhouse of being right about something for once.
Do you really have to remind everyone how right you think you were?

We need to be completely rebuilt on the lines of scrimmage and will also likely need a stud QB. And it will need to be a year when UGA plays Bama and both Auburn and LSU are very good.
Stud QB is coming. If they stick, the DL is coming too. But you can't dominate the lines of scrimmage with freshmen so we're looking ahead still.

“Yo, wut, listen up

Is it too much to ask to be average
Some of this ridicule is just savage
Tired of being embarrassed every year
Watching a team that gives in to fear

Wish they would take some pride
Show some fire in their eyes
We do have a few dogs just so you know
At least Jauan Jennings and Henry To’oto’o

But a few is not enough
Need some other guys to step up
Show us that they really care
Make the Mormons pee in their special underwear”

Word up
EPIC!!!!!

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Where I'm at....

If the GSU performance is the norm for this team, we aren't winning 2 games this year, and discussion on Pruitt's future should start with being let go.

If issues from the GSU game get fixed and we have another 4-5-6 win season, I think he should absolutely get another year and letting him go shouldn't even be discussed.

I think the second scenario is the most likely. Saturday should show us a lot of how this team is going to look moving forward.

I think Pruitt is having trouble instilling his culture and that it is partly due to how diametrically opposite it is to Butch’s culture.

I think he’s been told to not throw his players under the bus, but he’s also beyond fed up with certain players.

Our only path is to drive ahead and hope that as more and more of his guys start to play and take leadership of the team that we see the change we want to see.
I think part of the issue Saturday was he wanted basically a practice scrimmage game to help evaluate, and try some things...he just didn't count on GState actually coming to play a real game. That is the issue and why it looked like it did..now that I have had time to distance from the vast amount of negative emotion it made me personally feel, and actually study. When you add this to a very large amount of the team not giving a isht and basically just goofing off...a monumentally horrific, all-time worst loss is what you get.

This is not a slight at you but this is so overplayed. Hey guys I've played there. Expect it to be loud.....ok thanks for the heads up.
Yeah for sure. I’d guess it helps a little but not much. Just thought it was interesting they have a guy who played here.

I don't know what the hell is going on. If Pruitt really does not see problems with the coaching and gameplan on Saturday, then we are well and truly you know what. The players do have to share the blame. The effort was not there, but good grief, does he really think that the coaching was fine?

Reactions: JacketVol
EPIC!!!!!
giphy.gif

Reactions: drvenner
Interesting list of players who are potential problems if you count the RS Jrs too (scholarship players only):

JG
Jordan Allen
K George
Blakeley
J Johnson
Tatum
R Johnson
Pope
Palmer
Gibbs
Chandler
T Jordan
Shamburger
D Johnson
Reid
Ignont
T Jackson
S Williams
Locklear
T Smith
Bumphus
Butler
Middleton
Solomon

That's a big chunk of the team and most of the guys playing on the DL.

These are the Junior class Swain was speaking of.

I agree with all of what many are saying on here about it looking like a total rebuild. I want to point out that what is getting lost in all of this is the negative effect this is having on recruiting.

The lack of effort needs to end immediately.

If we have to play all underclassmen, but they are flying around giving it everything they got, then that is what we need to do. Recruits are looking elsewhere right now.

As many have stated, there are elite recruits that are interested in us, waiting to see how the season pans out. I don't think it is necessarily all about wins and losses for some of them. If they see Fresh/Soph playing their asses off, they may still want to jump on board and be part of the rebuild and the right type of culture.

We keep playing grab-ass out there with all of these stupid subs and crap, jogging around, then Pruitt will be left with a crop of 3* recruits to build off of and try and compete with GA FL AL LSU TAM MIZZ USC and others for talent and wins.

Still blows my mind what Vandy traditionally has to work with on talent and they are on a different level than us...

If we just hang with UK, candy, SC and Missouri that will be a huge step

We’re light years from the GA and bama level

Overheard two Bama fans talking at the office today. It was a discussion about how the center on the offensive line didn't play his best game.

smh...oh to have such problems.
Yeah one of my coworkers has a really old version of the helmet (which I believe the number has the number of their national championships on it). It has 13 on it. They won that in 2009. They have 17 now. Everyone that gets a helmet updated for their previous national champion has it rendered out-of-date within 2 or 3 years.

Oh to have those problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back