Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
blame game sucks.

i think the most frustrating thing right now regarding the roster issues is that it feels like we're being blindsided with it...at least with it from the standpoint of just how polar opposite the reality is vs. the "good vibe" or "quiet confidence" feel we got thruout the off season. i've never bought in to the hype about this supposed "top 15" talent that we have, and there's 'no excuses' for pruitt. but i didn't think, or have any inkling, that, culture wise, it was this bad.

i dont' think it's exactly a giant leap to say that it's more likely that the kids that were recruited here during CBJ's last season are the ones with the biggest issues.

what is a giant leap is to be led to believe that these issues are BRAND NEW........

and this staff does need to do a better job of managing the personnel and giving the ones that are bought in, a chance to win/succeed. if i do lay one thing at their feet, it's that they didn't do that for those kids last week......

past that....one game at a time at this point. really hoping to see something Saturday night.

and that's on players and coaches. players on this team that do GAS, need to hold each other accountable and be the examples. and the coaches need to make sure those kids are put in as good a position as possible to win a game....if that means sitting the ones that don't GAS, then so be it. there is a point where it's either you're in, or you're out. everybody over there's gotta make some choices at this point.

I thought my rap would be the worst part of VN this morning. Nope, as usual, its Kingston and Hank's hot takes

This just in...

we-have-a-tie.gif

Hey man i hear you. But like i said last year. Don’t tell me the roster/culture is good enough to beat Auburn/kentucky but forget to show up the last two game or the first game this year. Attitude reflects leaderships
Dang...you are so obtuse...The players showed up and decided to play in those games, and then quit, or really more like they never even started in the last two games. I would be pulling my hair out, and screaming my lungs out if I was having to deal with Bitch's disinterested losers. They are what I've always said they are.

Dang...you are so obtuse...The players showed up and decided to play in those games, and then quit, or really more like they never even started in the last two games. I would be pulling my hair out, and screaming my lungs out if I was having to deal with Bitch's disinterested losers. They are what I've always said they are.
yeah, i don't think it's any real secret that that 17 class in particular was lack luster overall. and i siap in the off season, that if we're going to do things this year that we hope/think, it was going to be in large part because there's a group of names we've heard of for a couple years now from that class that haven't done jack, and they'll need to do more.

so far............meh.

still time, but the clock is ticking.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Never once said that. Butch was ass his last year and a half here. I don’t think pruitts situation is much different than dooleys or butchs when they took over. Every time a new coach takes over we talk about how thin it is and how awful the guy before him left it. It’s like clockwork. Hell we did the same thing with kiffin when the sullins twins were starting.

The worst part is it’s been true every time. Now it’s just sad and boring.

Reactions: HankHill
At least you just finally admitted you are one of Bitch's boys. Pretty sure I've seen Pruitt do a pretty good job of motivating every unit he has been in charge of before he got here...the common denominator is butch's putrid lazyassgutlessquitterdontgivaisht stank that is still on this roster.
You had me at lazyassgutlessquitterdontgivaisht stank.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
She has a point.
And not an original one. Been calls for such since way before Bear Bryant used an USC beating to begin recruiting better athletes. Always boils down to asking athletes with options to forego playing on a national stage in front of 100,000 plus crowds with chartered flights and the best equipment and medical care for smaller venues in front of much smaller crowds and hoping your team gets on ESPNU in December. Ohio State or Howard. She does this as someone who is known for hiring on at ESPN and now the Athletic. Not Ebony or Jet magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back