The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Just take a look at the Glock G30S. 10 round mag, and takes the G21 13 round mags for followup. Easy to carry concealed. I use appendix carry with an overshirt, and don't print. I put a Pyramid trigger in mine, and now it's my preferred off-duty EDC. I still love my compact 1911, and the way it absorbs the recoil (those 230 HST's leave the barrel in a bad mood), but with the reduced carry weight + round count + still plenty accurate at likely engagement ranges, the Glock is my first choice for EDC.
36 rounds -vs- 21 (3 mags). Of course, if you're a good shot and only face one or two adversaries, 21 is plenty enough, so...

There are other, and maybe better choices out there, but I'm good with what I have. FWIW, a fellow LEO has an XD-M (?) in .45ACP and swears by it. He's sharp, so I trust his opinion in those matters.

Pick what fits your hand, and practice hard. It's not the will to win, but the will to practice to win, that usually carries the fight.

Keep us advised. I carry a Glock, but don't own stock. I'd dump it tomorrow for a better option.
I have a full size XD and carried the XDs 45 for years. I just wanted more rounds. I have and have had a few Glocks. I wanted the 30s at first but changed my mind rather quickly. I’ll let you know what I go with.

Last edited:
Just for my info, what changed your mind about the 30S? If there's a problem with it, I'd reallllly like to know. For me, changing the trigger made a big difference. Still...hard to beat the light SA trigger and heavy metal of the RIA .45 compact. Love that gun. More I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards putting that one back in the #1 slot for EDC.

Several good options out there. With what little I know about you, I'd be interested in what you end up with, and would likely give it a look.

Just for my info, what changed your mind about the 30S? If there's a problem with it, I'd reallllly like to know. For me, changing the trigger made a big difference. Still...hard to beat the light SA trigger and heavy metal of the RIA .45 compact. Love that gun. More I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards putting that one back in the #1 slot for EDC.

Several good options out there. With what little I know about you, I'd be interested in what you end up with, and would likely give it a look.
Nothing. It's just that it's a Glock. I don't want another Glock.

Well after holding them, I REALLY like the Sig P320. Probably getting the carry version vs the compact. only .2 in taller and you get an extra round.

Just take a look at the Glock G30S. 10 round mag, and takes the G21 13 round mags for followup. Easy to carry concealed. I use appendix carry with an overshirt, and don't print. I put a Pyramid trigger in mine, and now it's my preferred off-duty EDC. I still love my compact 1911, and the way it absorbs the recoil (those 230 HST's leave the barrel in a bad mood), but with the reduced carry weight + round count + still plenty accurate at likely engagement ranges, the Glock is my first choice for EDC.
36 rounds -vs- 21 (3 mags). Of course, if you're a good shot and only face one or two adversaries, 21 is plenty enough, so...

There are other, and maybe better choices out there, but I'm good with what I have. FWIW, a fellow LEO has an XD-M (?) in .45ACP and swears by it. He's sharp, so I trust his opinion in those matters.

Pick what fits your hand, and practice hard. It's not the will to win, but the will to practice to win, that usually carries the fight.

Keep us advised. I carry a Glock, but don't own stock. I'd dump it tomorrow for a better option.

After holding a bunch (S&W, Glock, Springfield, and Sig), the Sig was my favorite. I know how the first 3 shoot. Never shot a Sig.

I’ve never been of the opinion that a different handgun would significantly improve my shooting accuracy. After 40 some years of shooting I just busted that myth. I recently bought a CZ Shadow 2 and after a range session I feel like an expert marksman (I’m not). Finest handgun I’ve ever handled and shot. Now I’m going to change out those blue grips with orange grips.

Reactions: DEFENDTHISHOUSE
I’ve never been of the opinion that a different handgun would significantly improve my shooting accuracy. After 40 some years of shooting I just busted that myth. I recently bought a CZ Shadow 2 and after a range session I feel like an expert marksman (I’m not). Finest handgun I’ve ever handled and shot. Now I’m going to change out those blue grips with orange grips.
The best kept secret in the shooting industry. The CZ’s are truly special pistols, especially the custom shop models.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
The best kept secret in the shooting industry. The CZ’s are truly special pistols, especially the custom shop models.

Not sure how much of a secret they are anymore and prices appear to reflect that being the case. (Like Tikka rifles) Back when they really were under the radar my friend picked up 2 75's for under $500.

Cajun Gun Works CZs are beautiful works of precision functional art that are above my pay grade and skill level. Now that I have the Shadow 2 the Sigs and Berettas ( both great guns) have been relegated to dust gathering safe relics. I contemplated waiting on the Beretta 92X Performance but the Vertec frame was a no-go. The Walther Q5 Match was a close 3rd.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
I was hoping they would mark it down and you could get some good deals.but there just going to sell it out

Later Walmart

Yep. Add it to the list of places I won't set foot in anymore. Includes Sam's Club. I'll gladly pay a couple of bucks more for a cooler, or a better cut of meat. WalMart and Sam's Club lost one for life. I'll go without rather than walk in.

I got impatient a couple years ago waiting for the Shadow 2's to make their way to the US. Wound up buying an STI 2011 instead. I still want one but haven't convinced myself that I need another 9mm.

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
Cajun Gun Works CZs are beautiful works of precision functional art that are above my pay grade and skill level. Now that I have the Shadow 2 the Sigs and Berettas ( both great guns) have been relegated to dust gathering safe relics. I contemplated waiting on the Beretta 92X Performance but the Vertec frame was a no-go. The Walther Q5 Match was a close 3rd.

I have the Q5 Match. Already had a PPQ (M1) and that trigger is amazing - makes me look really good at the range.

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
Nah, it's stock. been kicking around the idea on the trigger. But the stock one is fine for me, really smooth actually.
I'll wait to play with before deciding. That's about the only thing I can think of needing/improving from the get go

VN Store

Back