Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
BYU is not good. We played a good WVU team last

Tbf this time last year you said WVU was overrated and started to think we might beat them. They were most definitely not and whooped us.

Now, I think we beat BYU, but they are a decent squad with a really good QB (albeit coming off an injury) and are optimistic about their LOSs, exactly the areas we are not optimistic. This shouldn't be underestimated for those thinking we steamroll them or they are not any good.

All said, hopefully we come about and blow the frank out of those old men and win 69-0 and put the nation on notice. Would be a great surprise.

They quoted our Charlotte game from last year
True, but that was last year so not sure that's relevant. But also, Georgia State went 2-10 last year. Idk, I mean we could always have another UMASS type game but hopefully not. I think our guys want to hit somebody

At Bass' urging, I gave your album a spin last night on Amazon music. I know you're not in a position to be the most subjective on this, but the impression that came to mind was that I thought you come across as kind of a mix between Brent Cobb and Parker Millsap...do you think that's a fair comparison?
I’ll take it! Certainly a fair comparison, I’d say that I’m in the same “genre”as those guys for sure. My record was well on its way to finished before I heard either of them so they’re not really influences of mine, but I’m sure we have more than a few influences in common - same as with Childers, Isbell, etc.

You’re right though, any artist is gonna be biased towards being more like their heroes, and more unique than their contemporaries, than they actually are. So your opinion is probably worth more than mine on this one 😂 Thanks so much for listening!

Tbf this time last year you said WVU was overrated and started to think we might beat them. They were most definitely not and whooped us.

Now, I think we beat BYU, but they are a decent squad with a really good QB (albeit coming off an injury) and are optimistic about their LOSs, exactly the areas we are not optimistic. This shouldn't be underestimated.
Well, tbf, I'm a fan and hoped we would beat them. I also thought we would be better in year 1 than we were. I wrongfully believed that we had more talent than we did. Will Grier dominated us that game.

But with BYU, I didn't say they were overrated, I said they aren't good. They were embarrassed by Utah State last year and also lost to Northern Illinois. They aren't good.

Well, tbf, I'm a fan and hoped we would beat them. I also thought we would be better in year 1 than we were. I wrongfully believed that we had more talent than we did. Will Grier dominated us that game.

But with BYU, I didn't say they were overrated, I said they aren't good. They were embarrassed by Utah State last year and also lost to Northern Illinois. They aren't good.
Also Pruitt was telling EVERYONE we were gonna stomp WVU last year so...people were buzzin

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Going to Nashville this weekend..........is it true I can ride uber scooter and get drunk downtown? K thanx

Please don't.
And definitely don't pull up behind me on a scooter while I'm walking on the sidewalk and say "On your left" or any other bull**** like that. I will definitely give you the People's Elbow, video tape it, and send it over to the musicshitty instagram account.

I always allow for an injuries exception or whatever but barring that, I agree with Ron. I absolutely will be disappointed with less than 7.

We've spent for the coaches and we have talent. Time for results.
Not like he's being expected to beat more talented teams or something.

True, but that was last year so not sure that's relevant. But also, Georgia State went 2-10 last year. Idk, I mean we could always have another UMASS type game but hopefully not. I think our guys want to hit somebody
Yep, with all the OR starters guys will try to knock slobber out of em to try to solidify a spot.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Davis, yes sir. I'm not just saying that cause he's a Vol fan either. I really like his music. Just learned of him a couple days ago but I'm really liking his first album. Here's a few that I really like:

Did not like at all. Listen to last two and couldn’t make it past the one minute mark on either one.
It’s a no for me

Now, I think we beat BYU, but they are a decent squad with a really good QB (albeit coming off an injury) and are optimistic about their LOSs, exactly the areas we are not optimistic. This shouldn't be underestimated for those thinking we steamroll them or they are not any good.

All said, hopefully we come about and blow the frank out of those old men and win 69-0 and put the nation on notice. Would be a great surprise.
WVU last year before our game was in a whole 'nother area code than BYU is this year. I dont think we blow them away, but we should win that game on physicality alone. Also they will be coming off having their ass handed to them by Utah the week prior.

WVU last year before our game was in a whole 'nother area code than BYU is this year. I dont think we blow them away, but we should win that game on physicality alone. Also they will be coming off having their ass handed to them by Utah the week prior.
Yeah, WVU was a top 10 team and Grier was getting heisman talk. That ain’t happening with BYU. I think we have to royally screw up to lose that game

Get yo phone ready to capture this **** then

Funny you said that. A guy I saw go sprawling in the middle of Union last week was, swear to God, apparently texting when he fell. I saw him coming down the street and looking at his phone and immediately thought 'that is an accident waiting to happen', and then he went flying.

Did he get suspended? I mean he could’ve had an accident and killed people… Surely he is suspended for at least one game.

They can suspend him for the whole year-- he was in line for a RS.

Three misdemeanors and a substance abuse strike. Where's the outrage and claims that he's a threat to the public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back