UT to Implement Alcohol Sales at Neyland Beginning Sept 7th

Every curmudgeonly bummer in our fanbase did a full sprint to this thread to voice their displeasure... Stay home!

We don't need your grumpy a$$es sitting with your arms crossed and judging everyone having a good time cheering for their team.

GBO!

Who said $8 beers?? Probably more like $10 or more before it’s all over with. Wouldn’t be Neyland Stadium without massive price gouging.

Reactions: JacketVol
Am I the only one that finds it ironic UT decides to start selling alcohol in Neyland on the day that we host a faith based school ???

I've been to numerous Nascar races and the only places I've encountered unruly drunks has been the infield and camp grounds.
You must be a new fan cause there isn't anyone that goes to them anymore. (Just a jab at how Nascar attendance has dropped. Too many rules and no good racing in my book. lol) With all that being said and all the other opinions I have read on this topic, the main thing I am trying to get at is this. If those choosing to drink would do so in a responsible manner and consider those around them, I have no problem. The problem is, in many cases that is not going to happen. If a person is going to be dog drunk, stay at home. Don't ruin the day of those around you trying to enjoy the event. Just really don't want to see the possibility of someone getting any more blasted than they are by making it readily available. Before anyone says "the will not sell it to them if they are that drunk", I have seen too many friends willingly go and buy just to see how bad their bud can get.

I've never really understood the fascination with sneaking alcohol into a game. I've never felt the need to get drunk to enjoy the game. That's just me though. To each their own

Well, not everyone who sneaks alcohol into a game gets drunk. I simply enjoy a drink, in moderation. I'm as offended as you probably are when I see somebody stumbling drunk or wretching. I feel sorry when I see students stumbling drunk but I'm not going to fault them (assuming they haven't wretched nearby) because they haven't learned yet. Hopefully they will.

I'm assuming they just won't be ready to start beer sales the first game -- because I'd imagine they'd sell a LOT of beer and make a LOT of money during a blazing-hot day game (3:30 kick on Aug. 31) -- and (I hope) a boring game.

You must be a new fan cause there isn't anyone that goes to them anymore. (Just a jab at how Nascar attendance has dropped. Too many rules and no good racing in my book. lol) With all that being said and all the other opinions I have read on this topic, the main thing I am trying to get at is this. If those choosing to drink would do so in a responsible manner and consider those around them, I have no problem. The problem is, in many cases that is not going to happen. If a person is going to be dog drunk, stay at home. Don't ruin the day of those around you trying to enjoy the event. Just really don't want to see the possibility of someone getting any more blasted than they are by making it readily available. Before anyone says "the will not sell it to them if they are that drunk", I have seen too many friends willingly go and buy just to see how bad their bud can get.

I gave my son my Bristol tickets for this weekend. My attendance has severely declined over that last several years.

Reactions: LSG410EC83
QUOTE="IndianaVol, post: 17026881, member: 2696"]Am I the only one that finds it ironic UT decides to start selling alcohol in Neyland on the day that we host a faith based school ???[/QUOTE]
It’s all a plot to get um drunk then beat um. I like it. I read somewhere where one is planning on leaving a few of his wives at home because he doesn’t want them corrupted. We are now officially the boldest sinners on the Tn.River.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
$8? The minimum is $12. Ridiculous. The message is we are selling beer but you can’t afford it.

Where are you guys seeing any reference to beer prices and serving size? Has that published somewhere? If we're really talking $12 for 8 oz of Bud Light, I'm still gonna enjoy 2 or 3 craft beers before the game.

I also find it amusing that wine sales will only be allowed in the club and terrace areas. Reminds me of the days years ago, before liquor by the drink referendums came into being in Tennessee, when only private clubs could sell alcoholic beverages other than beer. So it's beer for the unwashed masses and wine for the elite.

I haven't taken the time to read the SEC rules, which are linked to in the UT press release, but are distilled spirits like whisky, tequila and rum allowed to be sold (even though UT is not selling them)? I could see a big rush for margaritas on hot days.

Last edited:
After the past 15 years or so I have needed to be wrecked from Sept-Nov

I’ve just always thought of drunks as more entertainment at the games.
And for the last ten years or so, we Vol fans have needed better entertainment than the games. Unfortunately.

If you can afford to take your family to a game then you're a one percenter and probably did some racist stuff to get rich so you're just gonna have to shut up and take it.

Personally, I think it's irresponsible to take young kids into an environment where there is going to be excessive alcohol consumption, foul and suggestive language, a little violence, uncontrollable release of bodily fluids, and maybe a touch of nudity. That's every SEC football experience other than Dudley Field, and sometimes there as well. Knowing this, the school sets aside 1/4 of the lower bowl as a heavily policed family zone. Yet people still have to whine about something. How about keep the brats at home until they're mature and big enough to think and fend for themselves, put on some big boy/girl pants, pour yourself a tall glass of whiskey in the parking lot, and put kicking ass on your mind? Maybe the team will feed on it and do a little ass kicking on the field.

Thinking back on it, I've probably had a lot more stuff spilled on me by clumsy kids than drunks. Ban the kids from the stadium seems like the logical thing to do.
Beer fetchin' for the men will give the chicks at the game something to do.

Hey Guys, Just want to thank you for the great stuff in this thread, laughed too hard! GO VOLS!

Reactions: volfanjustin
I gave my son my Bristol tickets for this weekend. My attendance has severely declined over that last several years.
Know what you mean. I had season tickets from 1988 to 2004 to both races and went to everything they had in between. I live ~10 miles from the track and usually go the opposite way during race weekend on the motorcycle with my wife. See more action on the interstate than at the track anymore.

Something to look foreward to if the Vols have a losing season?
A bunch of drunk screaming mad Vol fans?

I'm not a Mormon but do oppose these sells. But it probably doesn't matter much in my case because. Just another reason I opt to stay home and enjoy games on my big screen TV. My primary reason is the bipedal whales who squeeze folks from their seats. Secondary is the increased numbers of open and conceal carry (now imagine that mixed with alcohol and spite people exhibit now). Third is I am 100% convinced some nut or nuts will use either traditional drone(s) or an RC model to crash an explosive device into a sports stadium. Go ahead pooh-pooh this but people are getting downright senseless with either spite or a very warped sense of what constitutes a mere prank these days. But for me right now, if Neyland had real seats I'd ignore the other threats to attend games.

This

Reactions: LargeOrange1

VN Store

Back