UT to Implement Alcohol Sales at Neyland Beginning Sept 7th

When sports are involved and fans are intermingled, you're always going to have a fight or two. While I don't necessarily have an opinion one way or the other the subject of alcohol sales, I do find it odd that so many people have witnessed the worst of the worst when it comes to UT fans drinking. Sure a couple of times a season, I see the guy or gal sitting close by drinking who dance a little crazier, sings/cheers a little louder. I for one do not believe for one minute, that students are going to get drunk off of $8.00 cups of beer. They'll go ahead and do what they always do and binge before the game,sneak it in, go in and dance /sing, leave at the beginning of the 4 quarter to start drinking again.

I do not believe the average adult is going to get drunk either.

Now, the parent who doesn't take their child to a restaurant that serves alcohol. I do feel for them. There are parents who refuse to allow their children around alcohol and would like to take their kids to the game. JMO

Last edited:
This misconception that everyone drinks alcohol to get obliterated is retarded. It is possible to drink without overindulging. There are some that like to drink and then there are some that don't want to drink, it is a personal choice. Just like at a bar or anywhere else, you become belligerent, you get thrown out, you appear to have had too many, you get cut off. There are more security and Police in Neyland than anywhere else in the state of TN on Saturdays, I for one am not too concerned. Not to mention, we need to finish paying out Lyles contract so whatever means brings in more revenue is a win.

Dump the fake claim that people who object presume "EVERYONE" drinks alcohol to get obliterated is retarded. Often such exaggerated statements are made by people whose goal is to defend their own vice or whatever. Fact is "SOME" people do and they show up where there's an opportunity to do so. As for being thrown out if it happens, it happens after the belligerent, gross, or stupidity is committed. So when it involves injury or worse, the damage is done, especially so if it involves harm to a child. I just hope your misguided faith in human behavior is correct and nothing bad happens to anyone at Neyland due to the drinking. I could live with that and maybe brag that Vol'ers are 12 cuts above all other stadium attendees. I hope so.

So, you aren't concerned about theoretical-guy, binge drinking before the game and spilling the jack and coke that he smuggled in on you, but rather worried that he'll spill a beer on you that he purchased at the stadium? That's your primary concern at the moment?
yea im concerned about the dude binge drinking and getting beer too at the game - cause they dont know when to stop .... or the ones who just had enough beforer game that are in pretty good shape .. getting more beer and it falling down drunk at halftime .

Thinking back on it, I've probably had a lot more stuff spilled on me by clumsy kids than drunks. Ban the kids from the stadium seems like the logical thing to do.

Reactions: hog88
Imagine how many more fights you will get to see in the stands, how much more puke and dehydrated drunks you will get to witness......The inhibitions will be loose and wild.....Neyland will be next level.....a win win win.....
That is just pure BS.
The biggest issue are people pounding hard liquor and sneaking it in. Beer is absolutely the best thing to drink regarding alcohol content per volume.

Means he is gonna get more and fall over and spill it everywhere ... and the ones who just got started before game will be like him by halftime. . It's all about the dollar .. if people acted responsibly but no there are so many there just for the party .. that's it

It's illegal to sell booze to someone already drunk. It might lead to the concessionaires to report more obviously intoxicated people to security.

Dump the fake claim that people who object presume "EVERYONE" drinks alcohol to get obliterated is retarded. Often such exaggerated statements are made by people whose goal is to defend their own vice or whatever. Fact is "SOME" people do and they show up where there's an opportunity to do so. As for being thrown out if it happens, it happens after the belligerent, gross, or stupidity is committed. So when it involves injury or worse, the damage is done, especially so if it involves harm to a child. I just hope your misguided faith in human behavior is correct and nothing bad happens to anyone at Neyland due to the drinking. I could live with that and maybe brag that Vol'ers are 12 cuts above all other stadium attendees. I hope so.
Hmmm..pretty big assumption you just made, how about you tone down your holier than thou attitude. Your fake claim that "exaggerated statements are made by people. . . " is a little over the top. Have you to know I do not drink often, and I am a family man myself. Sorry if I am an objective and reasonable individual unlike yourself. Professional sports has been selling alcohol for god knows how long, and guess what, children and families attend those without incident. Also, I am not sure if you pay attention much when you attend games at Neyland but people who want to get drunk are typically already drunk before they get to the game. Lastly, you proved my point with your response so my claim isn't all that fake, is it?

Hmmm..pretty big assumption you just made, how about you tone down your holier than thou attitude. Your fake claim that "exaggerated statements are made by people. . . " is a little over the top. Have you to know I do not drink often, and I am a family man myself. Sorry if I am an objective and reasonable individual unlike yourself. Professional sports has been selling alcohol for god knows how long, and guess what, children and families attend those without incident. Also, I am not sure if you pay attention much when you attend games at Neyland but people who want to get drunk are typically already drunk before they get to the game. Lastly, you proved my point with your response so my claim isn't all that fake, is it?

Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light.

Or it changes nothing because people still pregame with binge drinking because they don't want to pay or can't afford the prices inside the stadium to carry a buzz. I'm sure there are multiple conflicting studies from multiple sources showing pros and cons. Im sure the administration will do what's best for dollars because Lord knows they have to pay for their more simple decisions that ended in failure like buy outs.

Or it changes nothing because people still pregame with binge drinking because they don't want to pay or can't afford the prices inside the stadium to carry a buzz. I'm sure there are multiple conflicting studies from multiple sources showing pros and cons. Im sure the administration will do what's best for dollars because Lord knows they have to pay for their more simple decisions that ended in failure like buy outs.
The schools that have tried it have all reported a decrease in public intox on gamedays

"Reported" is great but let's not let this be said to be for safety lol

It's got everything to do with the almighty dollar, any other claim is complete BS. But let's not claim that alcohol sales will lead to chaos and anarchy.

yea im concerned about the dude binge drinking and getting beer too at the game - cause they dont know when to stop .... or the ones who just had enough beforer game that are in pretty good shape .. getting more beer and it falling down drunk at halftime .

Your hand-wringing over the what-ifs of a pre-game drunk drinking a beer at the stadium is akin to worrying about leaving the oven on while your house is on fire.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back