UT to Implement Alcohol Sales at Neyland Beginning Sept 7th

giphy.gif

Starting with BYU no less lol

I still think the beer lines will be 30 minutes long at gametime. Pouring each beer takes a long time.

Reactions: happy-go_vol
There’s something funny about us starting this while playing a religious school.
Since Mormons can’t drink (publicly), I wonder what they will think if somebody 🤮 pukes up beer on them.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I'm glad they're implementing this ahead of most other SEC schools. Should be a significant amount of revenue from sales so that's a revenue stream other schools aren't capitalizing on at the moment.

I'm glad they're implementing this ahead of most other SEC schools. Should be a significant amount of revenue from sales so that's a revenue stream other schools aren't capitalizing on at the moment.

Missouri, Texas A&M, Arkansas, LSU, & Vanderbilt have already implemented it as well. Ole Miss might be added to that list very soon that would be half the SEC teams

I would always smuggle in some Jack or Jim Beam usually or drink a decent bit before the game. I’m in my 40’s now and don’t drink as much but if this increases profits and revenue which I think it will I’m all for it. I wouldn’t want to wait in those long ass lines though and miss the action.

Living up here in Maryland, I go to the Ravens games all of the time. They don't just sell the alcohol at the concession stands. They have freestanding carts all over the place. Which this article mentions. There are those kiosks everywhere, so the lines are not that long. The difference is in pro stadiums they also come to you just like with food and cokes. So we'll see how long it takes until that starts. And they do ask for ID when they come to you as well. Plus, they cut off alcohol sales at the end of the 3rd quarter.

There’s something funny about us starting this while playing a religious school.
Since Mormons can’t drink (publicly), I wonder what they will think if somebody 🤮 pukes up beer on them.
As opposed to the guy that’s been binge drinking Jack because they don’t serve in the stadium??

Every study shows that selling alcohol in the stadium reduces incidents.

All I can say is: Upper deck under the jumbo, they better install a fence! I have see folks "tumble" a row or two in years past. Can't get too much worse but on hot days, and legal beer and less than great football, look out!!!

Imagine how many more fights you will get to see in the stands, how much more puke and dehydrated drunks you will get to witness......The inhibitions will be loose and wild.....Neyland will be next level.....a win win win.....

Because of course no one binge drinks before the game, or sneaks liquor in at the moment? Never a drunk person in the stadium prior to 9/7/2019.

Because of course no one binge drinks before the game, or sneaks liquor in at the moment? Never a drunk person in the stadium prior to 9/7/2019.
I know, currently if I had a dollar for every drunk asshat I witnessed in the stadium, I would be able to afford the box seats and bring in my own whiskey (which I cannot confirm nor deny that hasn'thappened in the past)

Imagine how many more fights you will get to see in the stands, how much more puke and dehydrated drunks you will get to witness......The inhibitions will be loose and wild.....Neyland will be next level.....a win win win.....

I don't see any of that at Preds, Titans or Sounds games.

VN Store

Back