UT to Implement Alcohol Sales at Neyland Beginning Sept 7th

I've never really understood the fascination with sneaking alcohol into a game. I've never felt the need to get drunk to enjoy the game. That's just me though. To each their own
I agree I don't understand getting absolutely wrecked during or before a game but I do like having cold beer while I watch a game

I know, currently if I had a dollar for every drunk asshat I witnessed in the stadium, I would be able to afford the box seats and bring in my own whiskey (which I cannot confirm nor deny that hasn'thappened in the past)

Then you should be happy to learn that the initial info suggests that selling alcohol in the stadium reduces binge drinking and alcohol-related incidents.

I've never really understood the fascination with sneaking alcohol into a game. I've never felt the need to get drunk to enjoy the game. That's just me though. To each their own

I agree I don't understand getting absolutely wrecked during or before a game but I do like having cold beer while I watch a game

You guys are supposedly UT fans and don't understand the appeal of getting wrecked before (during and after) the game?

All about the almighty dollar. As if getting out of the place isn't bad enough with half sober drivers. I am writing this knowing first hand what alcohol can do for families. Been on both ends of the spectrum from having a cousin killed on Christmas day from head on with a drunk driver (the drunk survived only to kill two more later on the same way), a father who was the best until he got some alcohol in him at which point he would become violent to those he loved, to having to deal with a child picked up on DUI charges and going through a year of HELL with everything attached (actually got to personally thank the officer for doing his job and keeping him off the roadway) I don't drink (I guess you can figure this out by now) and if one wants to drink, why not do it at home in a safe place. Bad enough going to games with the brown bagging closet drinkers, but now, let her rip tater chip. UT may as well lift the dry campus policy (never was enforced anyway, even when I went in the late 70's). For all of you jumping up celebrating, all I ask is drink responsibly and remember to respect those around you and act like you have sense. They may not celebrate this ruling like many others do for some of the same reasons and probably even worse than I have cited.

You guys are supposedly UT fans and don't understand the appeal of getting wrecked before (during and after) the game?
Right: nothing better than drooling, puking and splattering the seats around you, and passing out in the bathroom floor to enjoy a football game! (All of which have been exhibited by a few nearby patrons in the past couple of years)

Reactions: volfanjustin
All about the almighty dollar. As if getting out of the place isn't bad enough with half sober drivers. I am writing this knowing first hand what alcohol can do for families. Been on both ends of the spectrum from having a cousin killed on Christmas day from head on with a drunk driver (the drunk survived only to kill two more later on the same way), a father who was the best until he got some alcohol in him at which point he would become violent to those he loved, to having to deal with a child picked up on DUI charges and going through a year of HELL with everything attached (actually got to personally thank the officer for doing his job and keeping him off the roadway) I don't drink (I guess you can figure this out by now) and if one wants to drink, why not do it at home in a safe place. Bad enough going to games with the brown bagging closet drinkers, but now, let her rip tater chip. UT may as well lift the dry campus policy (never was enforced anyway, even when I went in the late 70's). For all of you jumping up celebrating, all I ask is drink responsibly and remember to respect those around you and act like you have sense. They may not celebrate this ruling like many others do for some of the same reasons and probably even worse than I have cited.

Ever been to a pro sporting event?

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
Good to know I wasn’t almost puked on years ago, that I didn’t get beer poured on me twice, that I didn’t have to help a completely wasted girl from falling over before the first quarter was finished (all at separate occasions by the way)

Because of course, no one got drunk and wasted in Neyland before, ever.

Come on guys, the big thing this will remove is binge drinking which is a good tho g. People will always drink, might as well have the school making money off of it.

Don’t want to wait in line for beer? Then don’t.

There are people who can not, or will not, go three waking hours without alcohol.
They are called alcoholics.

Ever been to a pro sporting event?
Yep, went to many years of Nascar racing and finally took all I could take. Last race a good ole boy poured one of the big tall cans down my leg before the race even started. Needless to say, had a sticky leg the remainder of the race. It would be different if people would drink responsibly and respect those around them that do not share the same mindset. But this doesn't happen and never will. And for those that saying binge drinking will be reduced. Yeah right. Someone who binge drinks will continue to binge drink. Part of the so called "fun". And before anyone even states I probably never attend UT sporting events, I have been a season ticket holder to basketball for many years now.

There’s something funny about us starting this while playing a religious school.
Since Mormons can’t drink (publicly), I wonder what they will think if somebody 🤮 pukes up beer on them.

I'm not a Mormon but do oppose these sells. But it probably doesn't matter much in my case because. Just another reason I opt to stay home and enjoy games on my big screen TV. My primary reason is the bipedal whales who squeeze folks from their seats. Secondary is the increased numbers of open and conceal carry (now imagine that mixed with alcohol and spite people exhibit now). Third is I am 100% convinced some nut or nuts will use either traditional drone(s) or an RC model to crash an explosive device into a sports stadium. Go ahead pooh-pooh this but people are getting downright senseless with either spite or a very warped sense of what constitutes a mere prank these days. But for me right now, if Neyland had real seats I'd ignore the other threats to attend games.

I don't see any of that at Preds, Titans or Sounds games.

So you've never been to a Saturday night game at Bridgestone against the Blackhawks? There's plenty of them. One of them spilled a drink on my wife BEFORE the game. She had to buy a pair of maternity sweatpants from the Preds pro shop to make it through the game.

Another Preds game we went to, there was a girl who was so drunk she fell down the stairs in the upper level (wearing high heels, of course), and pooped on herself.

I've seen it more at Preds games than anywhere else.

So you've never been to a Saturday night game at Bridgestone against the Blackhawks? There's plenty of them. One of them spilled a drink on my wife BEFORE the game. She had to buy a pair of maternity sweatpants from the Preds pro shop to make it through the game.

Another Preds game we went to, there was a girl who was so drunk she fell down the stairs in the upper level (wearing high heels, of course), and pooped on herself.

I’ve just always thought of drunks as more entertainment at the games.
And for the last ten years or so, we Vol fans have needed better entertainment than the games. Unfortunately.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Yep, went to many years of Nascar racing and finally took all I could take. Last race a good ole boy poured one of the big tall cans down my leg before the race even started. Needless to say, had a sticky leg the remainder of the race. It would be different if people would drink responsibly and respect those around them that do not share the same mindset. But this doesn't happen and never will. And for those that saying binge drinking will be reduced. Yeah right. Someone who binge drinks will continue to binge drink. Part of the so called "fun". And before anyone even states I probably never attend UT sporting events, I have been a season ticket holder to basketball for many years now.

I've been to numerous Nascar races and the only places I've encountered unruly drunks has been the infield and camp grounds.

I have and I guess I'm just lucky to have never witnessed those things, either that or I don't pay much attention to the fans.

I did have a kid spill his coke down my back once.

For some people, it's no different than drinking a cold coke or water on a hot day.
I like to drink when I watch sports, and I have snuck alcohol into games before. It's part of the fun for me. But it's literally the only time I drink during football season. Obviously I wouldn't consider myself an alcoholic.

There is a giant canyon between drinking at games to enjoy yourself more and being so sloshed you are puking on people and passing out.

I doubt achohol sales will affect the latter category either way. It isn't that easy or economical to get drunk on low content $12 beers.

As for the former, if I knew someone who had a problem with a typical person drinking and getting loud and rowdy but not bothering you physically and maintaining control of themselves, I would suggest finding a different way to watch the games.

And I don't say that to be a dick. There are plenty of ways to enjoy the pregame festivities and go watch the game in a more peaceful environment.

But if you're going to a football game you are taking part in the event. I think, in general, if someone is expecting or hoping for the same experience you would get from your living room couch, that is more their problem than everyone else's.

VN Store

Back