'20 TN DL Tre'vonn Rybka (UK commit)

Why does it seem like our recruiting pool is small this cycle? I sure hope new names pop up during the season.
Some of it is “wait and see”. Some of it is “we’re not gonna cut bait on a three-star just because he hasn’t done anything in two years and we can replace him with a four-star WR from Iowa with no other offers in our 37-man signing class”.

Some of it is “wait and see”. Some of it is “we’re not gonna cut bait on a three-star just because he hasn’t done anything in two years and we can replace him with a four-star WR from Iowa with no other offers in our 37-man signing class”.
Some of it is dozens of guys come on the radar during their senior year. Every year.

Last edited:
RockyTopInsider podcast with the VR2 guys talking about this kid:

Don't have a real feel for which way he goes.
Rybka plans to make a decision between now and the 20th.
VR2 guy feels like it's going to be Kentucky because he has such a good relationship with LeBlanc.
LeBlanc does a good job expressing how he'll use him at Kentucky.

I can’t help getting the feeling that we don’t really want him that bad. Not that we don’t want him, just slow playing him a little. And UK ain’t.

I can’t help getting the feeling that we don’t really want him that bad. Not that we don’t want him, just slow playing him a little. And UK ain’t.
i think he's a definite take. i haven't seen anything that says the staff is in wait and see on him. more the other way around.

and if you believe what he's said on it, we're recruiting him a lot harder than UK is right now.

so who knows.

Reactions: therickbol
i think he's a definite take. i haven't seen anything that says the staff is in wait and see on him. more the other way around.

and if you believe what he's said on it, we're recruiting him a lot harder than UK is right now.

so who knows.
Yeah, sometimes people do stuff that just doesn't make sense to the rest of us. I was a little shocked Bailey had so much interest in us before we had an OL plan tbh.
I can't even imagine KY but if that turns out to be what makes him happy, good luck to him.

Yeah, sometimes people do stuff that just doesn't make sense to the rest of us. I was a little shocked Bailey had so much interest in us before we had an OL plan tbh.
I can't even imagine KY but if that turns out to be what makes him happy, good luck to him.
yeah. agreed. KY has some good ju ju right now, so i get it. remains to be seen if it's a one hit wonder or something that can be sustained.

i have doubts.

but yeah, if that's what he wants to do, then good for him that he can do it.

i'd like him to be part of this class, but i don't think it's a make or break either if he's not

tumblr_nm2cf1FJlG1u7ojs5o1_400.gif

Does Tracy Rocker not know how to express himself to a recruit? With the credentials he has,he should be the best DL recruiter in the league!

Does Tracy Rocker not know how to express himself to a recruit? With the credentials he has,he should be the best DL recruiter in the league!

Criticism of his recruiting has been overblown and melodramatic to say the least.

Hardy, Thomas, Baron, and Bailey will all be Vols come December with better than good odds that Oxendine and Rybka will be, too.

People just like to complain.

VN Store

Back