'20 TN DL Tre'vonn Rybka (UK commit)

Josh Edwards from UK 247 says we are trying hard to flip him, and that it is embarrassing for us to lose a priority in-state recruit to Kentucky. He also said we were not the runner up for Rybka when he committed.

Josh Edwards from UK 247 says we are trying hard to flip him, and that it is embarrassing for us to lose a priority in-state recruit to Kentucky. He also said we were not the runner up for Rybka when he committed.

They’d know. The top 6 players in Kentucky left the state - after UKs best season in football history.

Edwards is also saying Baron is a lock to UK. Says he already told at least one recruit he's going there and that Stoops was very happy after the Tennessee loss because of "recruiting news" he got.

Edwards is also saying Baron is a lock to UK. Says he already told at least one recruit he's going there and that Stoops was very happy after the Tennessee loss because of "recruiting news" he got.

If Stoops leaves Kentucky, does that really impact Rybka or Baron or are they connected to an assistant coach?

Reactions: jason3713
If Stoops leaves Kentucky, does that really impact Rybka or Baron or are they connected to an assistant coach?

Rybka is a weird cat so who knows about him. I dont think football is that important to him TBH. I would think it would affect Baron for sure. Stoops is definitely gone if the FSU job or one of that level is offered to him.

I saw him report that as well but I don't think we are trying all that hard at all to flip him. I saw one of the national guys on 247 say a few weeks ago Rybka was not having a particularly good senior season.

Why would Baron even consider KY? I'm not saying he even has to come to TN, he why KY. Is it the gf

Reactions: Montrell Hardy
He’s right about one thing... it is embarrassing for us to lose a recruit to UK. Pruitt wanted Rybka and he chose Ky. That’s very embarrassing. Of course, it’s embarrassing for him as well in that he thinks that UK is a better option
I don't believe for one minute CJP pushed all in for Rybka or "wanted him badly". The kid is big but that's about it. I think he was and is waaaaay down our board. And I don't care what state your university is in, you can't take all the in-state guys. Losing Rybka to UK is far from embarassing in my opinion.

I live in the area where Rybka goes to school, and I know some of the staff at Dickson County High School. They all say the same thing, that Rybka wants a committable offer from Oklahoma, but since that doesn't look promising, he has picked Kentucky.
Apparently, he does not care for the Vols at any level. So, for now; he is sticking with KY, but still hoping for OU.
That's okay. Good luck to him. He loses to the Vols next year one way or the other.

EDIT: I do not know the kid or pretend to.
Can you pretend to know him? Just for my entertainment?

He’s right about one thing... it is embarrassing for us to lose a recruit to UK. Pruitt wanted Rybka and he chose Ky. That’s very embarrassing. Of course, it’s embarrassing for him as well in that he thinks that UK is a better option
I’m getting too old to allow myself embarrassment via the decisions of teenagers...my daughter would have been the death of me on fashion alone! 😖

RC was asked in his recruiting chat why this kid hates UT, and that notion was poo poo’d by Ryan. But if you remember when he was getting ready to announce, he talked about there was immense pressure he felt to pick UT, but wanted to “go to a school that did not have those kind of expectations”. He can be as good as he wants, but his play at the HS level is indicative of someone who relishes in lesser expectations.

VN Store

Back