'20 TN DL Tre'vonn Rybka (UK commit)

Again, who is this influence?

It’s mentioned by another poster several days ago, believe it’s someone that he trains with. They despise UT, apparently.

Another point is that he admitted several months ago that he never really followed TN. A lot of his family are OSU fans, and he even said back in the spring that the Buckeyes were his dream school (they didn’t offer).

yeah. agreed. KY has some good ju ju right now, so i get it. remains to be seen if it's a one hit wonder or something that can be sustained.

i have doubts.

but yeah, if that's what he wants to do, then good for him that he can do it.

i'd like him to be part of this class, but i don't think it's a make or break either if he's not
Gotta believe its a once in a lifetime. They had a veteran team and caught some teams down and had a good season. Its going to take much more than this one year for me to give any props to them. Its still Kentucky football, can't take them serious..

Gotta believe its a once in a lifetime. They had a veteran team and caught some teams down and had a good season. Its going to take much more than this one year for me to give any props to them. Its still Kentucky football, can't take them serious..

I expect them to drop off some from last season with the loss of Snell and Allen, but can still see them getting 7-8 wins this season. They still should be solid on both lines, and that is half the battle in the SEC. They have good LBs, and as we are waiting on word on Solomon, they are waiting on word on Xavier Peters, which would further strengthen their LB corp. Their weakness on D will be their secondary. They will be inexperienced, but they do have some talent.

Snell is a big loss, but they have some good RBs who will replace Snell by committee. They have plenty of talent at WR and TE; their biggest issue last year was inconsistency with catching the ball. That JUCO QB has had a season in the SEC, so the game should slow down for him this season. If he is a more consistent passer this year I can see them being a very tough out, and if they can win their share of close games I can see them getting up to 8 wins.

On the VQ podcast they talked a little about Rybka. They basically said UT and UK both feel good about him, and no one really knows what he is going to do.

Reactions: MoB_MoVols
Does Tracy Rocker not know how to express himself to a recruit? With the credentials he has,he should be the best DL recruiter in the league!

Rocker be like....

expressmyself.gif

31VFL said:
The guy he trains with is a UK basketball fan and a FSU football fan. I live a few minutes from Dickson, and didn’t realize he worked with guy he does.

Definitely not pro-UT.

The above was the original post from Monday, my mistake for turning “not pro-UT” into “despise”. Wrong choice of words.

I hope he picks the good guys, has a lot of potential.

31VFL said:
The guy he trains with is a UK basketball fan and a FSU football fan. I live a few minutes from Dickson, and didn’t realize he worked with guy he does.

Definitely not pro-UT.

The above was the original post from Monday, my mistake for turning “not pro-UT” into “despise”. Wrong choice of words.

No worries. I don’t think he has a burning hatred of us, I just know he is a UK bball fan.

Reactions: BigorangeBoy
He said strong. I can’t see his trainer having that much influence over his decision.

You'd be surprised at the kind of people that have influence over kids. But, yes, I have heard stories of high level athletes in football and basketball who have at least considered the schools where trainers have a connection. Those are people that they spend almost every day with.

You'd be surprised at the kind of people that have influence over kids. But, yes, I have heard stories of high level athletes in football and basketball who have at least considered the schools where trainers have a connection. Those are people that they spend almost every day with.
No, no I wouldn’t be surprised. See it all the time. @VoltillweFall explained what I was looking for as far as what the real connection is few posts up.

You hope these people have the best interest of the kid first. Unfortunately more often than not they are using influence to stroke their own egos.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
31VFL said:

Definitely not pro-UT.

So follow the influence of a trainer who's a "fan" of the basketball program, not football, but basketball. And to strongly consider following any coach (and a qc at that) that was under b!tch's regime over a coach who has a strong pedigree in putting defensive players in the league. Lol you cant make this up. If he chooses uk, I really feel bad in his support system.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Scanning the CBs and Forecasts, looks like a UK Rivals guy picked him to UK today and that's about it.

Has a UK feel to it, but we'll see when the predictions start rolling in.

VN Store

Back