All things STOCKS

Good chance that there will be a Friday sell off (or more selling this afternoon and Thursday and flat on Friday) as traders unload long positions instead of risking holding on over the weekend.

and then cash out

Yes sir, original position is back into Tether, and I'm just looking for the next opportunity to accumulate more bitcoin. With crypto, my long term strategy is to accumulate as much Bitcoin as possible, while using fiat and trading opportunities to build that core position up. I'm not even worried about what the price action is today. I'm concerned about Bitcoin prices in 5, 10, and 20 years down the road. We're going to see 100k Bitcoin eventually, it's just a matter of when, not if.

Scanning my watch list, no orders placed yet. Might buy a few or nothing at all...
Agree on all points. Especially like AMZN, BA, and GOOGL. Also like the resiliency shown by TSLA thru this last week. I'm at maximum exposure right now, but looking for BA entry point soon.

Anyone setting money aside for impossible foods? Thinking about putting a grand away for that and cash out when it bloats like BYND

Let’s see where it comes out at.

It's possible that Impossible goes public at a very high revenue multiple around where Beyond has settled into, stay in a tight trading range, and then tank when the insiders are aren't restricted from dumping their shares.

What is keeping the huge food companies from putting out competing products?

It's possible that Impossible goes public at a very high revenue multiple around where Beyond has settled into, stay in a tight trading range, and then tank when the insiders are aren't restricted from dumping their shares.

What is keeping the huge food companies from putting out competing products?
Tyson is trying to. I’m thinking quick cash on impossible not long.

It's not quite as crazy as I thought. BYND is valued at $9 billion. Kraft-Heinz for comparison is worth $31 billion after being cut in half. But Beyond has still increased about 4- fold since the IPO pricing.

Both are signing on impressive partners and their revenues are soaring. But I keep going back to my original point... what's keeping the huge food processors from invading the space with their own versions of plant protein? They do have advantages in demographics... Millenials and younger are growing rapidly while Boomers with their clogged up arteries and diuhbeetees are rapidly exiting.

It's not quite as crazy as I thought. BYND is valued at $9 billion. Kraft-Heinz for comparison is worth $31 billion after being cut in half. But Beyond has still increased about 4- fold since the IPO pricing.

Both are signing on impressive partners and their revenues are soaring. But I keep going back to my original point... what's keeping the huge food processors from invading the space with their own versions of plant protein? They do have advantages in demographics... Millenials and younger are growing rapidly while Boomers with their clogged up arteries and diuhbeetees are rapidly exiting.
I can't count anyone among 100 of my friends that eats Beyond Meat. It's a pipe dream that will crash at some point. I'm staying away

I can't count anyone among 100 of my friends that eats Beyond Meat. It's a pipe dream that will crash at some point. I'm staying away

They aren't yet fully penetrated yet. They're having a hard time producing enough to MEAT demand. BUT, I think that they trade around 100x REVENUE. That's rich.

Do you have many friends with man buns wearing skinny jeans?

Beyond is getting rolled out nationwide at Burger King. Impossible is being test marketed at Subway. One or the other is at Dominos and Red Robin.

They need to figure out how to get less sodium in their recipes. They are under attack by the meat lobby that they're no healthier than animal flesh.

Beyond and Impossible aren't going to go away. They may not be a great stock to own, but the businesses aren't going to fail unless their management screws up and expands too rapidly.

The Beyond price to revenue ratio is just crazy IMO. About $100 million of sales. Valuation is around $10 billion. 100x. Even if they were profitable with a 50% margin, that would be a p/e of 200x. With a 20% profit margin, the p/e would be 500x.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa

That's why you don't touch the stock with a 10 foot pole. I get the appeal of fake meat generally and certainly think that's here to stay. However, in the case of Beyond Meat (or any individual company in that business), I don't see what the barriers to entry are. I know they are thought to have the superior product, but it isn't like it's some big secret how to make these things. It can be imitated, and I see that market becoming extremely competitive. Margin compression over time. It's like Blue Apron. I get the appeal of their service, but there was nothing to prevent another provider or even an existing big box retailer from simply copying the idea. All it is is ingredients packaged in a box in the right portions and delivered to your door. Nothing proprietary about it, no barriers to entry.

VN Store

Back