Nathan Niehaus has left the team

Has there been any contact yet? Is it a huge jump to think the kid wanted to go through the non contact part of camp and see how his back responded? Nothing in his statement sounded knee jerk.

Good luck Nathan! Thank you for your time wearing the orange.

When the line already lacking depth, this may be a bigger hit than you all believe. If he doesn't wanna be here, move out of the way.

Me too but I'm not going to bad mouth a young man for making a life decision just because the football team may need him.. Its silly and childish at best

Sorry, me either brother. Not going to bad mouth Nathan if he needed to medically retire. I was only replying to the way to serious comment. If he needed to retire I wish him the best and I hope he can be physically good to go.

Reactions: ProudVOLfan
Me too but I'm not going to bad mouth a young man for making a life decision just because the football team may need him.. Its silly and childish at best

Maybe I’m old school, but he quit... He quit on his teammates, he quit on his coaches. To me its sad that a guy gets an opportunity that a lot of people would almost kill for and he quits.

Maybe I’m old school, but he quit... He quit on his teammates, he quit on his coaches. To me its sad that a guy gets an opportunity that a lot of people would almost kill for and he quits.
What the crap is your problem and major malfunction? So an injured player should suffer through their injury and wreck their future? There are some really sad people on this site that need to get a grip on reality. It isn’t like he got his feelings hurt and entered the transfer portal.

What the crap is your problem and major malfunction? So an injured player should suffer through their injury and wreck their future? There are some really sad people on this site that need to get a grip on reality. It isn’t like he got his feelings hurt and entered the transfer portal.

I’d be curious to hear what his injury was. Funny that we have a training staff on hand to deal with players health, and no one mentioned he had any health problems until he just didn’t show up to practice.

I’d be curious to hear what his injury was. Funny that we have a training staff on hand to deal with players health, and no one mentioned he had any health problems until he just didn’t show up to practice.
So you've been on campus all summer and have the inside scoop. A very possible scenario, granted no evidence to back this up, NN has been fighting various injuries for awhile and he and the coaching staff decided he would give it a last try in Fall camp. After the first 4 practices it became clear to all involved that he couldn't make it. Hence the action mentioned. As for why no one said anything about it; if you have been on this site for any length of time, you have seen the ad nauseam mention of Federal HIPPA laws.

Has Pruitt specifically said in any interviews that Nathan left The team due to medical reasons? Or is it just Nathan’s camp who is saying That?

Has Pruitt specifically said in any interviews that Nathan left The team due to medical reasons? Or is it just Nathan’s camp who is saying That?
It has been well documented on Volquest and Titter that Nathan has been battling a nagging back injury since the spring. There was even an article or snippet from one of the mods on VQ and it was mentioned in the 2 min drill how Nathan had impressed his coaches by pushing thru pain and injury thru spring ball even tough it was obvious he was hurt. So, no. It’s not just Nathan’s camp. It is a nagging back injury that has had multiple treatments and therapies and modified lifting, and it just won’t resolve.

No one mentioned it? Do you follow UT football? Austin Price and Jesse Simonton on VQ have talked about Nathan’s back issues since Spring camp. Even going so far as to say that the coaches were impressed with his toughness and drive to practice thru a nagging injury and pain.

Good luck to the young man. Many would have pushed through just to keep the scholarship and maybe that’s what he has been doing. The pain may have been just too much in the end to continue.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinBob
It has been well documented on Volquest and Titter that Nathan has been battling a nagging back injury since the spring. There was even an article or snippet from one of the mods on VQ and it was mentioned in the 2 min drill how Nathan had impressed his coaches by pushing thru pain and injury thru spring ball even tough it was obvious he was hurt. So, no. It’s not just Nathan’s camp. It is a nagging back injury that has had multiple treatments and therapies and modified lifting, and it just won’t resolve.

You must be nathan’s Mother, girlfriend, family member, or Nathan himself. Cause you love you some Nathan Niehaus posts according to your post history. I just find it odd Pruitt hasn’t specifically said Nathan is done because of medical reasons.

Reactions: jarnol32
No one mentioned it? Do you follow UT football? Austin Price and Jesse Simonton on VQ have talked about Nathan’s back issues since Spring camp. Even going so far as to say that the coaches were impressed with his toughness and drive to practice thru a nagging injury and pain.
Some people just can’t get over the facts because they want their “quitter” narrative. And it makes us as a fan base look cheap and petty.

You must be nathan’s Mother, girlfriend, family member, or Nathan himself. Cause you love you some Nathan Niehaus posts according to your post history. I just find it odd Pruitt hasn’t specifically said Nathan is done because of medical reasons.
Why would he? Why don’t you take the kids letter of why he doesn’t play anymore? Besides, HIPPA laws prevent you from talking about that.

Reactions: DancingVol
Dang shame. I bet it’s frustrating being injured to the point of early retirement. Hope the best for him!

VN Store

Back