Nathan Niehaus has left the team

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Wonder what happened. He was in line for at least some playing time, like he has been the last couple years. Pretty strange.
He was at practice yesterday, so who knows what happened. Wonder if this quote from Patrick Brown had anything to do with it.

Nathan Niehaus was mostly working at right tackle in individual work in the first three practices, but he was at right guard on Tuesday, leaving Marcus Tatum and five-star freshman Darnell Wright to handle the early-practice reps at right tackle.

themicah85

Yes. I suspect they'll be a few more of these before it's over, but we have to make room for the real big uglies. Good luck to this young man.

We just cant have linemen. Cant do it. If nit this they have major injuries or have to medically retire totally. Its almost laughable at this point.

chatt-townVOL

First of his name
This I don’t understand, let’s thank the kid for giving his all while he was here and deciding to move on for whatever reason.
I don’t think he can hear me.

Besides, I meant that from a “How bad was this loss” standpoint. He was not one of the better linemen on the roster.

DiderotsGhost

That sucks.

Might've slipped down the depth chart with Wanya and Wright coming in. Also Tatum and Jahmir both seem like they've been improving and could compete for a starting Tackle spot. Niehaus might've seen little path to win a spot at Tackle (which is probably his more natural position).

I wish him best of luck wherever he goes. Very good kid. Just might not have been in an ideal situation to advance his football career with the incoming 5-star talent.

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
That sucks.

Might've slipped down the depth chart with Wanya and Wright coming in. Also Tatum and Jahmir both seem like they've been improving and could compete for a starting Tackle spot. Niehaus might've seen little path to win a spot at Tackle (which is probably his more natural position).

I wish him best of luck wherever he goes. Very good kid. Just might not be in an ideal situation to advance his football career at this point.
Wasn’t Lampley running ahead of him also?

VN Store

Sponsors