'20 IL S Antonio Johnson

Jimbo has 3 of the top 15 kids in Texas committed to A&M in 2020 and had 6 of the top 15 for 2019's class. LMAO he is not even remotely getting his tail whipped there.
Oh, now if Tennessee only had 3 of the top 15, we would definitely be hearing how we were getting our tail whipped.

My 1st thought also. It would absolutely be "only 3 of the top 15", if it were us.
Not understanding the hero worship for Fisher. Yes, he has won one NC with the powerhouse he took over, but look at the way he left it. Funny how Pruitt isn't afraid to battle AL and GA for recruits, but he is getting credit for following along behind the coach that was next to last in the SEC last year to try and steal his commits. Perception

Oh, now if Tennessee only had 3 of the top 15, we would definitely be hearing how we were getting our tail whipped.
Maybe here on VN where grown men are more reactionary than high school girls it would be that. But if UT locks up 3 of the top 15 kids from TN and those 3 are 4/5* players I think most of us would be ecstatic.

Maybe here on VN where grown men are more reactionary than high school girls it would be that. But if UT locks up 3 of the top 15 kids from TN and those 3 are 4/5* players I think most of us would be ecstatic.
It's the reactionary men on VN I am talking about. If TN only had 3 of the top 15 in TN, that would mean Pruitt was getting beat in his state. Yet somehow that is a great thing when Fisher does it. Posters would be all over Pruitt for not getting 3 of the top 5.

We only got 2/15 last year and we landed a top 10 class. I could give a big flip less. If kids didn't want to come camp or didn't want to be vols, fine. We just traveled and got Toots, Crouch, and Wright. Fine by me. Talent is talent.

I was on vacation and away from the computer for the last week, but am back and checked in with my sources at East St. Louis. Sorry if some of this you already know, but here is what I am hearing regarding Antonio Johnson and Javontez Spraggins:

Antonio went to Texas A&M this past weekend for the Aggies' recruiting event. He was supposed to make an unofficial visit to A&M earlier in the spring, but that was cancelled when his teammate and friend was shot and killed shortly before that trip was to occur. Antonio then went to Tennessee, loved what he saw there and committed. Going to A&M this past weekend, though, Johnson was also impressed and that confirmed some suspicions that he had made his decision too early. So, the decision to de-commit was not a loss of interest in the Vols, but a realization he needed to do his due diligence before signing on with a school. My sources, though, tell me not only is Tennessee still squarely in the mix, but probably the team to beat: "I think they're still heavily in the lead."

Hearing Antonio's decision has no bearing on his teammate Javontez Spraggins' commitment. Spraggins parents were with him at Tennessee, and my people at ESL tell me he remains solid with his Tennessee commitment.

- Josh Helmholdt, Rivals

For some reason I had it in my head that he already committed to A&M after decommitting here.

Idk if I buy were still in the lead, but I guess we’ll see.

Not understanding the hero worship for Fisher. Yes, he has won one NC with the powerhouse he took over, but look at the way he left it. Funny how Pruitt isn't afraid to battle AL and GA for recruits, but he is getting credit for following along behind the coach that was next to last in the SEC last year to try and steal his commits. Perception
Even more unbelievable to me is the hero status of Austin Thomas. I have a very difficult time believing he is the main cog in the wheel for recruiting. Lot of VN seems to think he single handedly roams the country pulling recruits. Maybe I’m just naive. Can he even actively recruit not being a coach?

Even more unbelievable to me is the hero status of Austin Thomas. I have a very difficult time believing he is the main cog in the wheel for recruiting. Lot of VN seems to think he single handedly roams the country pulling recruits. Maybe I’m just naive. Can he even actively recruit not being a coach?

He's part of it, but really a lot of the state of TN pull they have is due to Darrell Dickey being on staff. He has a lot of west TN connections.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sa...ire-jeremy-pruitts-first-tennessee-staff/amp/

A little info on him. He’s made a lot of contacts at all levels of football. He’s not the only factor but he’s a big factor In A&M’s success recruiting.

Reactions: VOLATNES
Top contenders: Texas A&M, Alabama, Missouri

Recruiting outlook: Johnson committed to Tennessee in June but just announced his decommitment after visiting Texas A&M last weekend. The Aggies are expected to land his eventual commitment but Alabama and Missouri won’t sit back and let that happen. Johnson took a visit to Tuscaloosa this offseason and Missouri continues to stay in touch with Johnson. That being said, it will take a lot to keep Johnson from choosing the Aggies in the end.

Farrell’s take: Johnson is a big loss for Tennessee and should be a big pickup for Texas A&M. It’s no coincidence his decommitment came after a great visit to the Aggies, and despite the efforts of others I can’t see this going any other way.

-Rivals

VN Store

Back