TN OL Chris Morris (Texas A&M commit - Now JUCO)

I remember watching this game and literally getting sick

Edit: was in reply to secking last post here

Remember as well that Pruitt basically said they were way undersized and the previous weight program was not up to SEC standards. Guys have had a year in this weight program now, so they should be better conditioned and up to SEC size/strength now.

Rucker said in the 247 podcast that 15 (?) OL are now above 300 lbs. last year Pruitt said they only had a few that heavy. Rucker said he may be counting Abercrombie, who weighs as much as two players

Reactions: SweetasSoda
My friend let me explain to you something very carefully about being a coach. When you work so hard to build a relationship with a kid and the HC and staff leave 8/10 times they reach out to the kids to follow them because kids are going because of the coach and system vs the school of choice when a school is not Clemaon, tOSU, UGA or Alabama. Many of UT fand can't separate business from fandom to see the real. The circumstances in which Kiffin took over was worse than when CJP took over, and they used walk on OL, Crompton, etc and won 7 games and also had #8 recruiting class. The biggest issues when CJP took over were culture and tweener OL/DL. Now the players left over from CPF were better coached vs the Lyle Jones players. So ijs you have to really be fair despite the departure.
Kiffin can suck it. He bent us over. I will not look at this rationally because his departure set us back at least 8 years. Eff him.

Kiffin can suck it. He bent us over. I will not look at this rationally because his departure set us back at least 8 years. Eff him.

His departure did nothing of that sort stop bring a scorned woman who hates her ex because he left her for a prettier woman. USC was a better job in a better city with beautiful weather. Set you back 8 yrs is the biggest joke of all times. Your sitting AD atthat time was responsible for any setbacks you can name due to no real buyout and his hires following Kiffin's departure.

Dumbazz AD’s doing what Haslam told them by hiring Dooley and Butch set us back.
Well, and hiring Kiffin who dumped us at the worst time possible time because he thought it was a better job. Turns out we're both still reaping the consequences. Well, include USC in that also.

Last edited:
Mike Hamilton killed UT football for over a decade.
Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Mike Hamilton, the ex AD, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** he is! Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?

Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Mike Hamilton, the ex AD, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** he is! Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?

Not a christmas goes by that I don't watch that movie. Classic and timeless.

Well, and hiring Kiffin who dumped us at thecworst time possible because he thought it was a better job. Turns out we're both still reaping the consequences. Well, include USC in that also.

It was a better job also an easier job. USC had an idiot AD too who cost them. Ppl laugh at how they fired Kiffin because of what happened at UT, but given the circumstances due to Pete Carroll he did a good job.

It was a better job also an easier job. USC had an idiot AD too who cost them. Ppl laugh at how they fired Kiffin because of what happened at UT, but given the circumstances due to Pete Carroll he did a good job.
It wasnt a better job at the time because of those sanctions. Of course, Tennessee may be going through their own sanctions if he stayed. I don't hold ill will toward him though.

It wasnt a better job at the time because of those sanctions. Of course, Tennessee may be going through their own sanctions if he stayed. I don't hold ill will toward him though.

It was still better because despite the sanctions they still were in Cali and had better talent, easier job, and weaker conference. Also at that time the sanctions were not known but were known to be coming.

There's certain advantages in fb at USC, I am NOT denying that. But I also know that "better job" is 100% in the eye of the beholder.

Better job to him, for certain. But everyone is different.
Personally, after only 6 weeks in LA, I'd take the job at UK before I would ever think of setting foot back in that over populated, disease infested, fake azz - hell hole of a town.

I love the size of K-ville, the recruiting region, the SEC, the area and my favorite views. No doubt I was born and bred TN but I can say with 100% honesty, even more so with the renewed backing of UT sports, If I came from the middle of a cornfield in NE, I'd still take the UT job 10 out of 10 times.

His departure did nothing of that sort stop bring a scorned woman who hates her ex because he left her for a prettier woman. USC was a better job in a better city with beautiful weather. Set you back 8 yrs is the biggest joke of all times. Your sitting AD atthat time was responsible for any setbacks you can name due to no real buyout and his hires following Kiffin's departure.
I totally agree with you about Hamilton. He was by far the worst we have ever had and he is responsible for it. I just do not like Kiffin because his leaving hurt my program.

It was still better because despite the sanctions they still were in Cali and had better talent, easier job, and weaker conference. Also at that time the sanctions were not known but were known to be coming.
No they were not known at the time and that's more the reason to not determine it a better job. If coaches got 10 years, I'd agree with you. But they dont. He would and did get judged in a tough part of those sanctions. If I was his friend and he was at Auburn instead of Tennessee, I'd tell him the same thing. I'd tell him that he wont be judged with the sanctions in mind, whatever they will be. Theres a reason a bunch of people have said no to USC, at that point. This is probably the only time I'd tell him that because of all the points you made which are correct. His stint at USC derailed his HC career when it didnt have to be. Of course hindsight is 20/20.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back