TN OL Chris Morris (Texas A&M commit - Now JUCO)

why does it matter? for the here and now, we have as good a staff as we've had since the mid 90's........anyone really want to argue that point? lol.

the one staff that could maybe have matched it wasn't here long enough to even draw a comparison lol.
are we really jonesing that bad for stuff to argue about lol?

Zactly!

Reactions: SmokinBob
I've read the Friend remarks and I can't buy into their final judgement after 1 season of a small, injury depleted, makeshift line. Maybe he turns out not-so-good but no way I believe anyone basing that solely off of last year.

I think Nieds is the only person on staff that is valued for his recruiting over everything else. Not saying he can't coach, not saying that at all. Just that his recruiting is at a level above, well, everything.
I think everyone else is known for both or known for coaching first.

Friend has such an excellent track record. He was the highest paid G5 assistant in the country for a reason. I think he's one of our 3 best position coaches. He will get us there, but he was left the worst unit from the prior staff.

Reactions: SmokinBob
It's hard to judge Friend after last year. More because of the previous OC than the talent IMO, but it is certainly concerning that the Oline never seemed to get any better as the season went on. In fact, they looked worse.

Reactions: KBVol
I've read the Friend remarks and I can't buy into their final judgement after 1 season of a small, injury depleted, makeshift line. Maybe he turns out not-so-good but no way I believe anyone basing that solely off of last year.

I think Nieds is the only person on staff that is valued for his recruiting over everything else. Not saying he can't coach, not saying that at all. Just that his recruiting is at a level above, well, everything.
I think everyone else is known for both or known for coaching first.

Sounds like Nieds is our Trooper Taylor that Fulmer had.

Friend has such an excellent track record. He was the highest paid G5 assistant in the country for a reason. I think he's one of our 3 best position coaches. He will get us there, but he was left the worst unit from the prior staff.
Yeah, I've seen comments talking about no improvement in technique throughout the year and I see 2 issues there.
1. until they were just gassed, I did see improvement on pass defense. Evidenced by JG's sack total dropping (credit to him also)

2. These guys were in another system for too long. They were beyond tired and outsized. They naturally reverted back to what was driven into them for years previous.

They're gonna take more than 1 off season plus they needed real depth in the worst way.

Your preconceived response is completely out of context as to what I said.

It is not out of context. You stated that you didn’t think we could give up recruiting Memphis even though it seems to be a 50/50 chance and the farther you get away from Knoxville the lower the percentage goes.

In the same context I guess we shouldn’t recruit any other states either because it’s a 50/50 chance they pick us or someone else.....

Recruiting is ever changing it doesn’t matter where the kid is from, they are all a 50/50 chance. You can’t stop recruiting any states. You go after the best players no matter where they are.

@chargervol I am now disappointed you liked his post back to me 😭

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
It is not out of context. You stated that you didn’t think we could give up recruiting Memphis even though it seems to be a 50/50 chance and the farther you get away from Knoxville the lower the percentage goes.

In the same context I guess we shouldn’t recruit any other states either because it’s a 50/50 chance they pick us or someone else.....

Recruiting is ever changing it doesn’t matter where the kid is from, they are all a 50/50 chance. You can’t stop recruiting any states. You go after the best players no matter where they are.

@chargervol I am now disappointed you liked his post back to me 😭
The guy plainly said we couldn't stop recruiting Memphis (even though we seem to do better for our money in GA etc) and you responded back with "guess we should stop recruiting _____ too"

He said "can't" and you responded like he said "should". Wasn't what he said or meant.🤷‍♂️

The guy plainly said we couldn't stop recruiting Memphis (even though we seem to do better for our money in GA etc) and you responded back with "guess we should stop recruiting _____ too"

He said "can't" and you responded like he said "should". Wasn't what he said or meant.🤷‍♂️
so, you got that job as a court room reporter huh?

i've seen your work. qualified.
Haha.
The guy had a point though.
It's crazy that our r.o.i. is as good in some other states, as it is the far side of our own. We all know the many reasons why but still lol.

He was also right that we can't stop trying though.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Haha.
The guy had a point though.
It's crazy that our r.o.i. is as good in some other states, as it is the far side of our own. We all know the many reasons why but still lol.

He was also right that we can't stop trying though.
frustrating, for sure. but i think most of us are desensitized to it at this point, ya know, cause....Memphis.

He said he didn’t see how we could stop recruiting Memphis even though it is a 50/50 chance. He didn’t say anything about Georgia!?!

I was just making a point that you have to recruit every state no matter what the odds are. In a smartarshes way.... you’ve failed me Charger! Failed me! Lol

He said he didn’t see how we could stop recruiting Memphis even though it is a 50/50 chance. He didn’t say anything about Georgia!?!

I was just making a point that you have to recruit every state no matter what the odds are. In a smartarshes way.... you’ve failed me Charger! Failed me! Lol
Sorry Chizz, 😅 but you're just not getting his context.
And he already knows what you're pointing out, it's literally why he said "can't stop".
Work with me here bro.

Sorry Chizz, 😅 but you're just not getting his context.
And he already knows what you're pointing out, it's literally why he said "can't stop".
Work with me here bro.
classic case...
help-me-help-you.gif

It's hard to judge Friend after last year. More because of the previous OC than the talent IMO, but it is certainly concerning that the Oline never seemed to get any better as the season went on. In fact, they looked worse.

They did get better on the more coachable things, such as pass blocking (technique, not missing assignments, etc). Big improvement from that West Virginia game.

However, the biggest problem was that they were getting overpowered on the LOS on run plays and that's more of an S&C issue. The O-linemen looked much bigger and stronger in spring this year, which is a good sign.

Of course, the other aspect was losing Trey Smith also made the OL look worse as the season went on.

Yeah, I've seen comments talking about no improvement in technique throughout the year and I see 2 issues there.
1. until they were just gassed, I did see improvement on pass defense. Evidenced by JG's sack total dropping (credit to him also)

2. These guys were in another system for too long. They were beyond tired and outsized. They naturally reverted back to what was driven into them for years previous.

They're gonna take more than 1 off season plus they needed real depth in the worst way.
Remember as well that Pruitt basically said they were way undersized and the previous weight program was not up to SEC standards. Guys have had a year in this weight program now, so they should be better conditioned and up to SEC size/strength now.

Trey Smith being shelved make any sense in that equation?

No I just dont care what others do in their personal lives if they do their job well.
LOL that's exactly what the OSU fans said last year when the whole wife beater story broke. (By the way I was trying to be funny, but now I'm wondering if wife beating, murder, child abuse, etc. is good with you also, or if you just mean cheating on your wife was fine.)

Reactions: Orangeredblooded

VN Store

Back