TN OL Chris Morris (Texas A&M commit - Now JUCO)

You mean some of the top recruiters in the country aren't going to be crying themselves to sleep at night if they end up missing on a kid they targeted? LOL.

Pruitt was pretty clear, I think, when he said the coaches will worry about the players they get and not about the ones they don't. I wish more folks would adopt that philosophy.
We could end up with 4 to 5 of the top 6 in the state, and some will be talking about the one that got away this time next year.

One OL recruit is trending aTm and all of a sudden Friend is trash and we can't recruit. Didn't we get two 5* and a 4* OL last cycle?
Mentioned before something I noticed about Friend.
When he 1st started, everyone agreed it would take a while to fix the OL. Then some dumbarses started claiming he was going to be named OC and everybody got pissed.
He went from "needing time" to "he sucks" overnight.

William T. Friend

Duuude look at his track record and how he improves each program in 2 main areas of OL - sacks allowed and YPC (rushing).

He is a boss. I get we all have BVS from years of Butch's poor OL coaching, but you have to give Friend and Fitz at least more than 1 season to reel this group up from the depths it was left in.

Mentioned before something I noticed about Friend.
When he 1st started, everyone agreed it would take a while to fix the OL. Then some dumbarses started claiming he was going to be named OC and everybody got pissed.
He went from "needing time" to "he sucks" overnight.

What an absolutely strange phenomenon that all was.

Reactions: chargervol
It was.
Completely made up
After they convinced themselves he was the hire, they convinced themselves that he was terrible. And finally that he should be fired. All from a report saying he had been an OC.

And, ironically, for a pretty good offense lol.

His 3 years:
2015 - 29.6 PPG
2016 - 35.3
2017 - 33.4

2018 (after he left) - 22.8. Bobo went on to reject taking bonus pay and is on the hot seat...

Not saying WF had everything to do with this as the OL and OC-in-name-only (from my understanding), but as the highest paid assistant in all of G5, I think he sure as hell had a big hand in it.

The problem is some fans are gonna unreasonably compare Friend to Sam Pittman, because they were deadset that he was coming with Chaney. Now they want to find any little reason to fire him because they think we can just go and pay Pittman 2 million to be an OL Coach here when it doesn’t work like that.

The problem is some fans are gonna unreasonably compare Friend to Sam Pittman, because they were deadset that he was coming with Chaney. Now they want to find any little reason to fire him because they think we can just go an pay Pittman 2 million to be an OL Coach here when it doesn’t work like that.
It’s the “only this coach will be acceptable” philosophy. Every championship in college football history has been won without Sam Pittman, but we can’t without him. 😏

Look man this is not up fir debate. Kiffin, Orgeron, Eddie Gran, Lance Thompson, Frank Wilson all NROY guys then Chaney Old man Kiffin, and Willie Mack they were hand picking guys and were not here long at all and had the class they had. Please on this staff you hv CJP and Tee as NROY guys and that's it. I don't gv a damn about abook i was around and saw the giys who camped and took OVs. We haven't seen anything close to that staff my friend. This staff hasmore teachers than anything which is what is needed due to the elite kids not really wanting to rebuild but having that wanting to win now mentality.

Really? So when did Orgeron, Kiffin, Gran, Thompson or Wilson ever win the NROY?

VN Store

Back