Culinary, Arts, Thread.

I've heard of it, although I've never been there. There are several in the area.

Change my mind!
crazy.gif

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
The amount of empty bottles in my condo could cause someone to institutionalize me. My building does not recycle bottles and I am having a difficult time finding somewhere nearby, so they have been piling up for a while.
We don't have A/C (yet - HVAC is writing a proposal, chortling madly), and I've found that it's now so miserable that wine is completely unattractive*, and the only beer I can stand is weenie beer like Dos Equis lager (the green bottles.)

If we can sell a couple of cats to pay for getting A/C, that will probably change.

* If there is seismic activity in the WNC area when I post this, I apologize.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
HBPW made stuffed cabbage rolls for the first time. They were good, but seemed to be lacking something. What would you suggest she do to "pep" them up a notch or two?

TIA

Reactions: Behr and Souce
HBPW made stuffed cabbage rolls for the first time. They were good, but seemed to be lacking something. What would you suggest she do to "pep" them up a notch or two?

TIA

Substitute 1/4 of the ground beef with 1/4 ground pork. or sausage. Pork Martha Focker, it makes errythang better. And use some damn butter, bet she didn't. :)

Use more salt and pepper.

Go ahead and make fun, but if you stick with straight ground beef, add a little cinnamon.

Make a killer sauce. Doesn't have to be a red sauce. Try a Mornay.

I don't care for lamb, but it makes the best cabbage rolls. Just a thought.

Reactions: malinoisvol
Cabbage has a strong flavor and it can take over the flavor of everything it's surrounding or stuffed in it when it's all cooked together.

Some things can be fixed with a little more salt. Errybody skeerd of using too much salt and don't use enough.

Fact.

Lol, my phone changed it to "Tokyo salt".

Reactions: tnuhcvols
Some things can be fixed with a little more salt. Errybody skeerd of using too much salt and don't use enough.

Fact.

Lol, my phone changed it to "Tokyo salt".

one of the first things I realized when I started really cooking.

Reactions: Behr
Substitute 1/4 of the ground beef with 1/4 ground pork. or sausage. Pork Martha Focker, it makes errythang better. And use some damn butter, bet she didn't. :)

Use more salt and pepper.

Go ahead and make fun, but if you stick with straight ground beef, add a little cinnamon.

Make a killer sauce. Doesn't have to be a red sauce. Try a Mornay.

I don't care for lamb, but it makes the best cabbage rolls. Just a thought.
The pork or sausage sound spot on. I thought of mixing in some jalapeno and sweet peppers, but now, I'm thinking Tennessee Pride Hot sausage. Oh yeah!

I'm all in on trying the cinnamon, getting her to believe me, WHOLE different ordeal. :eek:

You are correct, I shoulda salt and peppered.

And now, I'm off to Google mornay sauce. Brb.

Reactions: Behr
Update

That Mornay Sauce sounds good! I love Gruyère and I see the recipe calls for a touch of nutmeg. Now I gotta figure out a way to get her to attempt this recipe.

P.s. I thought for sure the Google machine was gonna return with pictures of Rebecca. :D:cool:

The pork or sausage sound spot on. I thought of mixing in some jalapeno and sweet peppers, but now, I'm thinking Tennessee Pride Hot sausage. Oh yeah!

I'm all in on trying the cinnamon, getting her to believe me, WHOLE different ordeal. :eek:

You are correct, I shoulda salt and peppered.

And now, I'm off to Google mornay sauce. Brb.

tenor.gif

The amount of empty bottles in my condo could cause someone to institutionalize me. My building does not recycle bottles and I am having a difficult time finding somewhere nearby, so they have been piling up for a while.
Set them up for launch on the leeward side. 😝

I don’t wanna be hotter! Waaaaah!

I want to able to sleep under light covers again.

DH made the mistake of suggesting that we postpone the a/c install until the remodeling is done around Halloween. He must have thought that he might get a nice cold night tonight that way. 1562895901888.gif

I don’t wanna be hotter! Waaaaah!

I want to able to sleep under light covers again.

DH made the mistake of suggesting that we postpone the a/c install until the remodeling is done around Halloween. He must have thought that he might get a nice cold night tonight that way. View attachment 212256

AC is new to me again as you know having lived in the Bay Area. Can’t imagine not having it now. I went 14 years without, 4 years with and then 4 years without.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back