Culinary, Arts, Thread.

The pork or sausage sound spot on. I thought of mixing in some jalapeno and sweet peppers, but now, I'm thinking Tennessee Pride Hot sausage. Oh yeah!

I'm all in on trying the cinnamon, getting her to believe me, WHOLE different ordeal. :eek:

You are correct, I shoulda salt and peppered.

And now, I'm off to Google mornay sauce. Brb.

tenor.gif

Hey asshats!!
If you want to talk about food then post it here. Otherwise STFU and GTFO.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Souce
Yesterday I got to wanting some red beans and rice. So I went to a local butcher and got a couple of links of house-made andouille and beautiful smoked ham hock. Found some small red dry beans at the grocery store along with broth, etc.

I started at 10:15 this morning and they are already done. I cooked them in my Ninja Foodi. Cut the sausage into rings and put a quick sear on them. Let the hock go for a while, as well. Put the meat on a plave. Diced up onion, green pepper, and celery and sauteed for a few minutes. Added 3 cloves of chopped garlic and Creole seasoning. Put the hock back in along with the dried beans 1 quart of low sodium stock, 3 cups of water, some crushed red, and 2 bay leaves. Pressure cooked for 15 minutes. Released the steam. Added the andouille and pressure cooked for another 20 minutes and let the pressure release naturally.

Letting them cool down a bit before I dive in. Took about 2 hours start to finish.
View attachment 212317
I would have considered a foodi but already had a pressure cooker. And an air fryer which I used a ton.

Last edited:
Can the rice be cooked in the pot as well, or do you have to do it on the side?

I still haven't convinced myself to give up precious counter space to one of these gadgets, and if I store it away, it will never get used. * cough * food processor * cough * crock pot
I'll never give up my Bella pressure cooker.

Reactions: VolNExile
Man, them purty women US European kickball players sure are good at what they do. Too strait World Cups

VN Store

Back