'20 LA ATH Joel Williams (Kentucky commit)

Now back on the market following an April decommitment, the Vols remain heavily in the mix for the blue-chip prospect.

“Tennessee always been in the mix with me. They said they weren’t going to give up. They kept recruiting me hard. When I decommitted, they was happy. They told me I shouldn’t have rushed it anyway,” said Williams, who announced a Final 4 of Tennessee, Alabama, LSU and UF at the Rivals 5-star Challenge check-in Monday.

Williams has visited Tennessee a couple times and has a close relationship with fellow Louisiana native and running backs coach David Johnson, who was the first coach to truly see the DB’s talent.

“I love the whole staff and the program. Tennessee was really my first offer. Ever since they offered me, they’re really the only team that texted me everyday,” he said.

“It’s a lot of love from Tennessee. They look out for me. I talk to all the coaches, (Derrick) Ansley, all of them, even the OL and DL coaches. Coach David, is a real cool dude. He keeps it real. He always motivate me, pump me up and look out for me.”

Williams recently visited Alabama, with many believing the Tide have suddenly surged in his recruitment. While the 6-foot-1, 180-pound corner acknowledged he likes Nick Saban’s program a lot, the opportunity to play early at Tennessee has the Vols very much alive in his recruitment.

“They really like that I can play safety, corner and nickel. Doing all that will get me more time on the field,” Williams said.

“They will be low on DBs when I come, and coach (Jeremy) Pruitt said I could play right away.”

The Vols are slated to be the first program to get Williams on campus coming out of the dead period, with the 4-star telling Volquest he will take his official visit to Tennessee the last weekend in July.

“Taking an official visit as soon as the dead period is over.

I’m going to visit them immediately,” he said.

The plans after that?

“I’m feeling a commitment before my senior season.”
-VQ

But to be fair, Mehlen and the Gators do still suck
giphy.gif

But to be fair, Mehlen and the Gators do still suck

I guess this would be a bad time to tell you then that Mehlen and the Gators just got another big time commit? Antwuan Powell, DE, #28 overall recruit according to ESPN.

Florida now top 5 in all three major recruit services; 247, ESPN and the most delicious part, they just jumped Georgia in Rivals. Mullen continues to be on a recruiting rampage.

Regrading Joel Williams, he’s a stud! He’d be a great get for UT and immediate impact guy. And looking at his comments, it certainly sounds like UT is leading right now.

Last edited:
UF gets a commit and Jaws trips over itself to log on to a Tennessee forum hahaha what a clown 😂😂

UF gets 5 commits in 6 days and gains a consensus top 5 class, passing Georgia, Jaws trips over himself returning to a thread where numerous pages were devoted to “Mullen’s inability to recruit” and “Georgia’s recruiting dominance” to wallow in the irony. 😂😂

VN Store

Back