'20 IL S Antonio Johnson

I don't see the positive in saying 1 kid wasn't good enough to be a take on his own.
But then again, I don't see how anyone watches someone bulldoze competitors and comes to that conclusion to begin with.

99% of future college players look good on tape. Kahlil was a future hall of famer based on his film.

Knowing what we know about our coaches, and what their expectations are (i.e. Championships), is there any legitimate argument that can possibly be made for this coaching staff taking any player they didn't think could cut the mustard simply to get another player? That dog don't hunt with CJP and the rest of our coaches. Spots are to precious and the talent gap with our rivals is too large for that kind of silly nanny nonsense. Both these new commits are good enough to play top tier SEC football, or the staff would not have accepted their commitments.

Also, BOOM!

Daniel Brooks/Bo Hardegree in 2003 looked the part with UT’s success at recruiting QB’s at the time...
Yeah and Da’Rick Rogers/Nance Nash in 2010 defined the standard of package deal...so I know what one looks like. No one can name an example under PRUITT.

Yeah and Da’Rick Rogers/Nance Nash in 2010 defined the standard of package deal...so I know what one looks like. No one can name an example under PRUITT.

Denarius Moore/Lennon Creer was a package deal, I believe. The "other" player turned out to have a better career.

Could happen again

Denarius Moore/Lennon Creer was a package deal, I believe. The "other" player turned out to have a better career.

Could happen again
That's what I was always told but when i looked it up Denarius Moore is from TX and Creer is from KS so I'm not sure what their connection is. Denarius Moore was also a top 250 player back in 2007. I find it funny he is top 250 but a 3 star and now you have to go alway the way to the 351st composite ranked player player until you get to 3 stars. I think this shows recruiting services have tried to expand to generate more hype for more recruits so more schools fans will follow recruiting and pay for information.

That's your opinion. I have mine. We won't agree , so there's no reason to discuss it any longer.

Hopefully, Spraggins turns out to be a great player.
As a Vols fan that should be your hope for EVERY player...not just the ones you’re trying to rationalize. 😉

Reactions: Bring_Back_Dooley
I tried to make this Ace suit as a Halloween costume when I was a kid. I don't remember it turning out quite as good as the original. :oops:
Saw "Frehley's Comet" at Exit/In in Nashville yrs ago and solo at The Wildhorse Saloon. Is my favorite member of the band, past or present.

Reactions: MadWorld
I think people care because saying it's a package deal it implies that one of them didn't actually earn the offer. It implies that they wouldn't accept the other guys commitment if this guy didn't commit. Which doesn't line up with any of the reports of the other guy killing it at camps and impressing the staff this weekend. It also doesn't line up with the m.o. of this staff. Remember when everyone said kurrott Garland was a package deal to get young but they still signed him without young? It seems to me like people who assume package deal, do so only because nobody has heard of the other guy and he hasn't been evaluated fully, or at all really, by 247 and rivals. Maybe some people define package deal as just 2 friends who want to go to school together trying to find a school who would take either but wants both. Which is probably pretty accurate in this situation. But it doesn't come off that way. So we debate.
IMFO = In my factual opinion

I agree totally with what you said. I said who cares because people just can't accept the fact that the coaches liked what they saw offered and the young men decided this is where they want to play. As soon as some saw that they were from the same area assumed it had to be a package and you are right about this staff thats not how they roll.

That's what I was always told but when i looked it up Denarius Moore is from TX and Creer is from KS so I'm not sure what their connection is. Denarius Moore was also a top 250 player back in 2007. I find it funny he is top 250 but a 3 star and now you have to go alway the way to the 351st composite ranked player player until you get to 3 stars. I think this shows recruiting services have tried to expand to generate more hype for more recruits so more schools fans will follow recruiting and pay for information.
Both from Tatum, TX.
Screenshot_20190609-180216_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20190609-180249_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have a friend that knows this kids coach. He just ran a 47 second 400, and runs the 100 and 200 as well. I don't know if that's been talked about, but I thought I would share. He has a reputation of being a high character kid as well. I won't find out more than that, but I thought it was interesting.

Big schools can’t really do this anymore with 25 limit. Each scholarship is too critical for package deals unless the package is each player is high level. No more of the taking a guy that can’t play to get a guy that can. TN definitely can’t afford to waste a spot right now. Schools that still do this are the mid tier that have spots thst are hard to fill as is

VN Store

Back