'20 IL S Antonio Johnson

If two recruits show up for camp, intending to announce they are a "package deal," but before they can the coaches offer both... are they still a package deal? We need to get to the bottom of this quickly because it's important that we find out whether or not this was a package deal...

Who cares if its a package deal, which I don't believe for a second it was. They came, they earned what they got and we got two good looking players. Why do some have to make so much out of nothing. Just enjoy it for goodness sake. GEEEZ !
I think people care because saying it's a package deal it implies that one of them didn't actually earn the offer. It implies that they wouldn't accept the other guys commitment if this guy didn't commit. Which doesn't line up with any of the reports of the other guy killing it at camps and impressing the staff this weekend. It also doesn't line up with the m.o. of this staff. Remember when everyone said kurrott Garland was a package deal to get young but they still signed him without young? It seems to me like people who assume package deal, do so only because nobody has heard of the other guy and he hasn't been evaluated fully, or at all really, by 247 and rivals. Maybe some people define package deal as just 2 friends who want to go to school together trying to find a school who would take either but wants both. Which is probably pretty accurate in this situation. But it doesn't come off that way. So we debate.
IMFO = In my factual opinion

I think people care because saying it's a package deal it implies that one of them didn't actually earn the offer. It implies that they wouldn't accept the other guys commitment if this guy didn't commit. Which doesn't line up with any of the reports of the other guy killing it at camps and impressing the staff this weekend. It also doesn't line up with the m.o. of this staff. Remember when everyone said kurrott Garland was a package deal to get young but they still signed him without young? It seems to me like people who assume package deal, do so only because nobody has heard of the other guy and he hasn't been evaluated fully, or at all really, by 247 and rivals. Maybe some people define package deal as just 2 friends who want to go to school together trying to find a school who would take either but wants both. Which is probably pretty accurate in this situation. But it doesn't come off that way. So we debate.
We saw his highlights I'd say that OL earned his scholarship

I'm not insulting CJP if this is package deal. I don't blame him. We need better players. Maybe the other guy turns out to be a great one or solid contributor.
For it to be a package deal you have to KNOW that the lower rated guy wasn’t a take without the other’s commitment. That’s why I don’t buy. Pruitt has no history of it either.

Some posters on this board look for anything they can find to downgrade our football and other sports programs. I take them as a grain of salt and realize they are looking for rsponses rather than being Tennessee fans. Just what we should expect from the negavols.

Yeah, if that is the criteria (it usually is) then there is no way this was a package deal. They probably showed up to watch Johnson, saw Spraggins bulldozing dudes and were like "Okay, y'all both want to come?"

Some posters on this board look for anything they can find to downgrade our football and other sports programs. I take them as a grain of salt and realize they are looking for rsponses rather than being Tennessee fans. Just what we should expect from the negavols.

The rah rah sisk boom ba of orange tinted glasses gets stale. Some may be trolling with negativity then that's on them for being an attention whore.

I do sincerely feel as though Joe Q Non Poster fan, the one who pays $60 per ticket and drives 2 hrs to see football - bc he or she enjoys it - is over mediocrity. It's been ten years since they got to see a good product. And truly dont care enough to be on a MB daily, if ever.

FYI, these are same folks who walk to a voting booth and pull lever, having made their minds up only moments ago.

It's not a rebuttal if your opinion is posted as a false fact. One can't have a discussion if I say I think and you say I know. If i say i believe it's a package deal anyone is more than welcome to debate and give your reasons for your belief. But when you respond with "no he is a take, it was not a package deal," you are stating your opinion as fact and most people on here won't listen to you to give your reason why you believe it's a package deal. They just discredit your opinion saying your wrong. Its kind of like a Republican trying to have a debate with a Democrat.

Some of us actually know facts and you obviously don’t. This staff has not nor has plans for package deals. Your opinion is misinformed and way off base. You are wrong. No package deal is fact.

If Gilbert or B.J. commit is it a package deal because Bailey is already committed from there school. Just want to get a heads up in case they do commit.

How would I know if it is or isn't? I doubt it since Bailey has been committed for a long time.

How would I know if it is or isn't? I doubt it since Bailey has been committed for a long time.

I'd know it wasn't true because I have common sense. Just like I know this kid and Spraggings isn't a package deal.

A package deal indicates the staff loves Player A so much that they're willing to take a flyer on Player B who they aren't sold on just to secure Player A's commitment.

Both Johnson and Spraggins are big time football players. They've been talking to this safety for a while and were so impressed with Spraggins that they offered him on the spot, and immediately took his commitment.

Use common sense: our staff is experienced. They know how to recruit. They know how to identify SEC talent. And they know in the 25 class cap, that they have very limited resources to rebuild a roster to their liking. They aren't throwing spots away taking flyers on kids they don't think they can use.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back