'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

I don’t disagree with the bump. I think he’s deserving. I disagree with why they bump kids based on where they’re committed

1)There's just more talent in Georgia. They can miss a lot more than we can and be relatively unaffected.
2)A ton of midstate talent are transplants from other locations.
3)Memphis is geographically closer to a lot of other SEC schools.

Good post, state of Ga is loaded with 3/4 star talent, lifeblood of SC and AU, without Ga, they would dry up. UGA not as heavy on the local talent anymore.
2) correct, Nashville is booming but also bringing in elite talent, doesn’t hurt UT to be a couple hours away from home even if they are transplants (like ATL)
3) yep, always seen Memphis as Ole Miss ground honestly. OM, MSST, LSU, Arky, Vandy, Bama, Mizzou all closer. UK, AU? About the same time travel??

.... Only 4 kids from Ga in last years class, and appears only 4 in this class as well. Bold move, not one I’m crazy about, but get the best you can regardless where they are from.
You see Secking this just isn’t true. Around these parts if you can’t recruit in-state you are failing. I thought you understood this! :rolleyes:

y'all go make some noise on this.

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back