'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

I think we've gained major ground with Gilbert. Probably need to get in better with the family though. Again Kirby has a really good relationship with the family.

You coach at Georgia you get players in the league. Its friggin Georgia.
I'm biased and think most of Kirby's sales pitch is BS but it works. I know what youre saying I think at one time Georgia as a state had the most or close as far as players on NFL rosters. That said Kirby uses it and it works; also teams use Tennessee not putting players in the league against us, even though Pruitt and his staff have put players into the league at other stops. Is it complete and total BS? IMO yes but at the same time it works.

I'm biased and think most of Kirby's sales pitch is BS but it works. I know what youre saying I think at one time Georgia as a state had the most or close as far as players on NFL rosters. That said Kirby uses it and it works; also teams use Tennessee not putting players in the league against us, even though Pruitt and his staff have put players into the league at other stops. Is it complete and total BS? IMO yes but at the same time it works.
The question is, how long do recruits choose to believe they are ALL GA's top priority. Every single one of them lol.
Or that endless 4 and 5 stars at every position equals "position of need and opportunity for early impact".

Reactions: SweetasSoda
The question is, how long do recruits choose to believe they are ALL GA's top priority. Every single one of them lol.
Or that endless 4 and 5 stars at every position equals "position of need and opportunity for early impact".

Kids go to Georgia because its the in-state school. That's it.

If TN had the mountain of in-state talent Georgia does every year we would get our share of it. Its math.
so what you're saying is that we need to get the women of TN to start f___ing more professional athletes and having babies?

that's the same reason TN kids don't come to UT. Maybe this is more an indictment on the public education system in Georgia than anything else.
1)There's just more talent in Georgia. They can miss a lot more than we can and be relatively unaffected.
2)A ton of midstate talent are transplants from other locations.
3)Memphis is geographically closer to a lot of other SEC schools.

Kids go to Georgia because its the in-state school. That's it.
They aren’t going after the Ga kids as much, recruited last two years on the national level, and again this year. Only 4 kids from Ga in last years class, and appears only 4 in this class as well. Bold move, not one I’m crazy about, but get the best you can regardless where they are from.

VN Store

Back