Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Ive been clear with what I am saying

Taking Bailey means we aren’t signing 4 guys this November. Time will tell who’s right but you have already given your reasoning for talking out of both sides of your mouth
Lol if you say so...again if we don’t sign 4 it doesn’t mean anything, we very well could miss on everyone and Walker decommit, then what?

Lol if you say so...again if we don’t sign 4 it doesn’t mean anything, we very well could miss on everyone and Walker decommit, then what?

Bto come on man. Post like this are exactly why I said the list needs to be longer than just two players.

I’ve agreed with you that if we are bringing in OV after we get 3 commits you and VQ will be proven correct.

It’s very likely it’s going to be as simple as sitting back and seeing if we keep pursuing Hall. He appears to me to be the one that is likely hurt by Bailey

Ive been clear with what I am saying

Taking Bailey means we aren’t signing 4 guys this November. Time will tell who’s right but you have already given your reasoning for talking out of both sides of your mouth

I'm confused, how were we getting 4 guys in November anyways...

Currently 12 scholarships are taken out of the 13, after next season we're only (certain) to lose Bowden/Turner which puts us at 3 spots anyway. Granted if Bailey comes that's 2 spots. Point is unless something changes or someone unexpected leaves we don't have 4 spots in November with or without Bailey as it stands.

Point is unless something changes or someone unexpected leaves we don't have 4 spots in November with or without Bailey as it stands.

Yes at this point and time you are spot on. It boils down to are we going to over sign by 1 or 2. If we take Bailey we have to oversign by 2 if we are signing 4

Bto come on man. Post like this are exactly why I said the list needs to be longer than just two players.

I’ve agreed with you that if we are bringing in OV after we get 3 commits you and VQ will be proven correct.

It’s very likely it’s going to be as simple as sitting back and seeing if we keep pursuing Hall. He appears to me to be the one that is likely hurt by Bailey
Fwiw VQ mentioned him by name when discussing this topic, said Tennessee isn’t turning him away.

I’d love to know if Kent or Pons was on track to possibly graduate next season. Unlikely but possible

I’m assuming Johnson and Fulky are

Unless it's common knowledge within the team that somebody specifically is interested in transferring out, I don't like the idea of over signing in November. Seems like it would result in a lot of drama and chemistry disruption throughout the season. On the other hand, most are expecting 2019-20 to be more of a rebuilding year rather than one of taking a run at any championship. Maybe it's a good time to really challenge everybody to elevate their game.

Fortunately, despite all of the objections from some posters on everything Barnes does, it does appear that he always knows what he's doing.

I was kind of shocked when Walker left. It seemed like he was well liked by his teammates and vice versa. Maybe he and Barnes had some honest discussions during the last year about what would be best for Walker.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Unless it's common knowledge within the team that somebody specifically is interested in transferring out, I don't like the idea of over signing in November. Seems like it would result in a lot of drama and chemistry disruption throughout the season. On the other hand, most are expecting 2019-20 to be more of a rebuilding year rather than one of taking a run at any championship. Maybe it's a good time to really challenge everybody to elevate their game.

Fortunately, despite all of the objections from some posters on everything Barnes does, it does appear that he always knows what he's doing.

I was kind of shocked when Walker left. It seemed like he was well liked by his teammates and vice versa. Maybe he and Barnes had some honest discussions during the last year about what would be best for Walker.

Much easier to oversign if you know you have guys graduating. Easier to push a kid like that out the door imo. They have their degree so it’s above any moral ground imo

Much easier to oversign if you know you have guys graduating. Easier to push a kid like that out the door imo. They have their degree so it’s above any moral ground imo

I'd hate to lose Fulkerson or JJ, but maybe they've talked to CRB and all agree that being a grad transfer will be in their best interests after this season.

Rather than transferring now, it's mutually beneficial for both JF/JJ and UT for them to stay with the team in 2019-20 and to grad transfer in 2020-21 assuming they're on track to graduate. Neither has a redshirt to use as a regular transfer. TN needs the depth and experience. If they were to transfer now they'd sit one year and have one final season left. By staying at UT and grad transfer after 2019-20 the get to play in two seasons instead of just one.

We shall see. I hope they are right.

I think we all agree Johnson is almost a lock. We really need another PG so Hall is key in this 3 or 4 discussion

I think you’re going to see Johnson in the boat come August 6th, that leaves 3 months to continue recruiting these guys for the fall class.

I think you’ll see them really target and pursue Jaden Springer, Caleb Love, Jayden Stone, Bryce Thompson, Josh Hall, Samson Ruzhentsev and PJ Hall...potentially even Keon Ambrose and Dylan Cardwell on that list. I think you’ll see them try to get OV’s on the books for most of those guys and would be very willing to take 2 from that list.

If Kent, Pons, or Jalen Johnson dont show marked improvement this year they will get the Rick Barnes git shirt. We are in on too many good players in 2020 to keep dead weight around

Reactions: walkenvol
If Kent, Pons, or Jalen Johnson dont show marked improvement this year they will get the Rick Barnes git shirt. We are in on too many good players in 2020 to keep dead weight around

That's easier to manage AFTER the 2019-20 season. The issue is how many to sign this November.

VN Store

Back