Tyler Smith Named Assistant Coach at Columbia Central

mrmax86

Fight. Strain. Compete.
This is big news for me too because I used to live down the street from their Head Coach, Nicholas Campbell! I've played "median baseball" with him many a time.

Looks like they're putting together a great program there at Columbia Central.

And, Congrats, Tyler!

What a wonderful role model for the kids!

The best role models are the guys that struggle and then turn it around. They can say, hey this is how I was; don't do what I did, and you can be successful. Yeah he got kicked off the team. Did he even do prison time? Pay a fine? Community service? He also took the fall so that Tatum, Williams, and Goins would get a second chance at life.

The best role models are the guys that struggle and then turn it around. They can say, hey this is how I was; don't do what I did, and you can be successful. Yeah he got kicked off the team. Did he even do prison time? Pay a fine? Community service? He also took the fall so that Tatum, Williams, and Goins would get a second chance at life.

NM

Last edited:
"General Sessions Judge Geoff Emery sentenced Smith to one year of judicial diversion for each of the gun charges and Williams also got judicial diversion for the possession of marijuana charge. The charges will be removed from their record as long as they stay out of trouble. " So, like me, he has nothing on his record. What right does that give us to judge him if the government says he hasnt done anything?
Ex-Vol Smith, two players plead guilty

This is an interesting read too. Former Tennessee basketball player says he bought gun after threats against son
He says he got the gun because of threats made against his 3 year old son. As a dad, i can sympathize with this, but i wouldn't be so stupid as to where i purchased a gun.

And this does not even begin to tell "the rest of the story" on TS AFTER college. Why would ANYONE put him in a position to work with kids again?

oh really? Please enlighten us as to what happened after he got judicial diversion, charges were removed from his record, and he played professional ball overseas....

or are you just trying to ruin a man's reputation with no facts?

EDIT: Removed because it quotes erroneous information that has been redacted

Last edited:
oh really? Please enlighten us as to what happened after he got judicial diversion, charges were removed from his record, and he played professional ball overseas....

or are you just trying to ruin a man's reputation with no facts?

NM

Selective memory huh? Why is he having to take a job as an assistant at a HS? Seems to me he was a college head coach at one time.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. OK, i figured out the problem. You have no idea who Tyler Smith is, and think this whole discussion is about Tyler SUMMITT. Hahahahahaha

Coincidentally, Summitt is back to coaching high school, and yes, I agree with you on that one about not letting HIM coach kids..

EDIT: Removed because it quotes erroneous information that has been redacted

Last edited:
Reactions: T-TownVol
HAHAHAHAHAHA. OK, i figured out the problem. You have no idea who Tyler Smith is, and think this whole discussion is about Tyler SUMMITT. Hahahahahaha

Coincidentally, Summitt is back to coaching high school, and yes, I agree with you on that one about letting HIM coach kids..

Brain Fart! Sorry

Reactions: goldvol

VN Store

Back