Wealth gap is at critical mass

I actually have it better than most of my peers. I'm not ready to swallow a bullet or go on a shooting spree any time soon. But I am able to look around and see that things around us all could be far different and better.

Maybe we should introduce salary caps and pricing caps with no regard to where someone lives.

He's right though. Stagnate wages (adjusting for inflation), exploding costs for basic goods and services, insane amounts of consumer and student debt, militarized police force to keep us all in line, healthcare that can absolutely bankrupt you if you don't have the right coverage, rising ethnic/racial/political division among people, increase in hate crimes, the list goes on and on. It might be cynical, but it is true. And it is only going to get worse.
I won't argue. Not because your views aren't arguable but because it is your choice to see the "bad" but not the "good". Only going to get worse sounds like fate. I believe the future is what we make of it. I have faith in regular people.

I actually have it better than most of my peers. I'm not ready to swallow a bullet or go on a shooting spree any time soon. But I am able to look around and see that things around us all could be far different and better.
Of course things could be better. Things have been a lot worse not that long ago, too.

He's right though. Stagnate wages (adjusting for inflation), exploding costs for basic goods and services, insane amounts of consumer and student debt, militarized police force to keep us all in line, healthcare that can absolutely bankrupt you if you don't have the right coverage, rising ethnic/racial/political division among people, increase in hate crimes, the list goes on and on. It might be cynical, but it is true. And it is only going to get worse.

You made some good points until you got to the “militarized police” and went full lib. Student debt is self inflicted as well.

I won't argue. Not because your views aren't arguable but because it is your choice to see the "bad" but not the "good". Only going to get worse sounds like fate. I believe the future is what we make of it. I have faith in regular people.
The future is what we make of it, I don't disagree. It isn't a fate argument on my part, just seems like things are trending the wrong way. Regressing. Jmo

You made some good points until you got to the “militarized police” and went full lib. Student debt is self inflicted as well.
The police are absolutely militarized. When a police department has surplus military weaponry and freaking tanks, they are militarized. Not to mention all the other issues with violating constitutional rights and frankly showing ****** judgement.

Last edited:
Made up issue to rile up the gullible.

This has been the way that the super wealthy redirected criticism of the wealth gap in the past. That it's just jealous people who don't work hard trying to take money from those of us who deserve it and give it to those who don't.

But I maintain that 26 having the same wealth as 3.8 billion neither makes sense nor will be allowed to continue. People aren't buying into the notion anymore that they can join the 26.

The police are absolutely militarized. When a police department has surplus military weaponry and freaking tanks, they are militarized. Not to mention all the other issues with violating constitutional rights and frankly showing ****** judgement.

Meh. Funny that in today’s society they are need to combat “peaceful” protests based on faux issues.

This has been the way that the super wealthy redirected criticism of the wealth gap in the past. That it's just jealous people who don't work hard trying to take money from those of us who deserve it and give it to those who don't.

But I maintain that 26 having the same wealth as 3.8 billion neither makes sense nor will be allowed to continue. People aren't buying into the notion anymore that they can join the 26.
I would think that the odds of joining the 26 would be slim, however Walton, Bezos and Gates have done well for themselves, and they didn't start at the top. They may not be in the 26, but there is still plenty of money to be made. Also, you aren't going to get terribly rich working by the hour like many do.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Meh. Funny that in today’s society they are need to combat “peaceful” protests based on faux issues.
Good to have you on record saying you do not care about the police abusing their power as long as it is against people you disagree with politically.

Yes but now the fact of it is transparent and known. Can't be dodged or concealed anymore. Can't be explained as just luck or hard work. The fix is in and folks know it.

Do you not make enough money for what you do ? Only a “ progressive liberal “ or someone who covets others belongings would care that there are people in the country making more than and owning more than they do . Live and let live , help those that need it , mind your own damn business . Do those three things and the country will survive just fine . Try that wealth redistribution crap and it will ruin us just like it does every country that does it .

Last edited:
Good to have you on record saying you do not care about the police abusing their power as long as it is against people you disagree with politically.

And you’re on record for lack of comprehension. Enforcing the law isn’t abusing their power. They’re not abusing their power by preventing the destruction of property or innocent people. The only ones that abuse their power are those that limit them from performing their duty that puts their own lives in danger for political and racial purposes.

And you’re on record for lack of comprehension. Enforcing the law isn’t abusing their power. They’re not abusing their power by preventing the destruction of property or innocent people. The only ones that abuse their power are those that limit them from performing their duty that puts their own lives in danger for political and racial purposes.
Nah, you were clearly trying to make a point. You said "they are need to combat 'peaceful' protests based on faux issues." You are taking a dig at progressives, assuming all of us are roaming the streets looking to hit some poor Red Hat in the back of the head with a brick. You want a militarized police force to "combat" progressives, meaning you want to subdue them. The thing is, the police would screw you over just as quick as me.

Nah, you were clearly trying to make a point. You said "they are need to combat 'peaceful' protests based on faux issues." You are taking a dig at progressives, assuming all of us are roaming the streets looking to hit some poor Red Hat in the back of the head with a brick. You want a militarized police force to "combat" progressives, meaning you want to subdue them. The thing is, the police would screw you over just as quick as me.

Yea faux issues. Michael Brown robbed a QT and attacked a police officer and was subsequently shot dead. Somehow the officer was in the wrong and to show how wrong he was the “model citizens” proceeded to riot, loot, and virtually burn a city down while the “militarized police” had to watch. Had a guy in Charlotte point a gun at officers, he was shot dead. To spurn outrage instigators said it was a book. Cue the faux outragers to riot, loot, and inconvenience everyone they can. When there’s a legitimate issue with an officer shooting you won’t get an argument from anyone. Yet you support the bs like the previous two instances and call it racism and out of control law enforcement. It’s complete bs and nobody buys it. Faux issues.

Maybe we should introduce salary caps and pricing caps with no regard to where someone lives.
IMO, the earnings caps are something that will be attempted at some point. I've said it a few times on this forum. When they quit trying to take people's money after they earn it, they'll have decided it'll be easier if they just limit what they can earn.

Yes but now the fact of it is transparent and known. Can't be dodged or concealed anymore. Can't be explained as just luck or hard work. The fix is in and folks know it.

LOL

The fix has always been in, ever heard of Feudalism, Monarchs, Communism? At least now in the US almost everyone has a chance.

Reactions: tennvols77
Well, the very people complaining should look at where they spent their money as a consumer.

I'm pretty certain had they listed all 26, the majority own and run a company with goods and services that people buy from, and use, over and over again. So, who is to blame...........

We’ve always have had the haves and the have nots and we always will. You could confiscate all the wealth in the world and distribute it equally to everyone and witching 5-10 years those that had will have it all again.
So why is everyone so obsessed with taxes?

VN Store

Back