Wealth gap is at critical mass

lawgator1

Oxfam report: world's 26 richest billionaires own same as total wealth of the 3.8 billion poorest - CNN

26 people have as much wealth as 3.8 billion people have, collectively. Forget the debate of process, communism, tax policy, capitalism, inherited wealth, etc.

With the internet and readily available information, I think we are getting to the point where the 3.6 billion aren't going to be willing to put up with this much longer. The world is heading for an inevitable collision between the haves and the have nots.

Oxfam report: world's 26 richest billionaires own same as total wealth of the 3.8 billion poorest - CNN

26 people have as much wealth as 3.8 billion people have, collectively. Forget the debate of process, communism, tax policy, capitalism, inherited wealth, etc.

With the internet and readily available information, I think we are getting to the point where the 3.6 billion aren't going to be willing to put up with this much longer. The world is heading for an inevitable collision between the haves and the have nots.

Is the sky falling too?

Should be easy to march 150 million or so poor peons on each one of the filthy rich bastards, and take their money.

Thinking back to the money locked up at the turn of the 20th century by just a few industrialists in America I’d say we’re good

Rockefeller, DuPont, Vanderbilt, etc etc...

Yeah really not much has changed.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
And yet there are fewer people in poverty than at any time in human history. So apparently it's possible for the rich to get richer while the poor get richer.
How are the poor getting richer when the dollar that they worked and toiled for today is going to be worth less tomorrow? Been like this for over 100 years...

How are the poor getting richer when the dollar that they worked and toiled for today is going to be worth less tomorrow? Been like this for over 100 years...
quality of life, longevity, career options, internet.

Reactions: hog88
GMO food or just processed food, long commutes to work, less time at home...

Service industry economy, no company loyalty or pensions, longer work hours for same or less pay...

Facebook "friends", Instagram THOTs, "fake news"...

What's your net worth by the way? If it's $5.00 more than mine, don't you owe me at least $2.50?

We’ve always have had the haves and the have nots and we always will. You could confiscate all the wealth in the world and distribute it equally to everyone and witching 5-10 years those that had will have it all again.

Yes but now the fact of it is transparent and known. Can't be dodged or concealed anymore. Can't be explained as just luck or hard work. The fix is in and folks know it.

GMO food or just processed food, long commutes to work, less time at home...

Service industry economy, no company loyalty or pensions, longer work hours for same or less pay...

Facebook "friends", Instagram THOTs, "fake news"...
This is a cynical, gloom and doom outlook. It isn't wrong but it also isn't right. For all the negatives, there are positives in the era we live.

Yes but now the fact of it is transparent and known. Can't be dodged or concealed anymore. Can't be explained as just luck or hard work. The fix is in and folks know it.
Tripe. The people will revolt against the "leaders" who amass great wealth while in power (looking at you dictators, communists, and Congressmen) before they do wealthy citizens.

This is a cynical, gloom and doom outlook. It isn't wrong but it also isn't right. For all the negatives, there are positives in the era we live.
I started to respond to Ras with "get off my lawn." He sounds a bit bitter.

We’ve always have had the haves and the have nots and we always will. You could confiscate all the wealth in the world and distribute it equally to everyone and witching 5-10 years those that had will have it all again.
100% accurate

I started to respond to Ras with "get off my lawn." He sounds a bit bitter.
I like Ras. He brings a unique perspective here. I think only he and 1 other occasional poster share similar views. It's refreshing compared to the regurgitated R/D mindless talking points which are commonplace.

Everyone they mentioned did it by intelligence and hard work.

He's right though. Stagnate wages (adjusting for inflation), exploding costs for basic goods and services, insane amounts of consumer and student debt, militarized police force to keep us all in line, healthcare that can absolutely bankrupt you if you don't have the right coverage, rising ethnic/racial/political division among people, increase in hate crimes, the list goes on and on. It might be cynical, but it is true. And it is only going to get worse.

VN Store

Back