'20 GA OL Tate Ratledge (UGA commit)

It's his son. Not sure I'd of done that on TV. No point.

And I don't like it. But if my son was going to play football at a rival... He'd have my support...11 games a year.

Let me refine what you say. I would support HIM all the time, even when his team played Tennessee. But I would still be a Tennessee fan and supporter all the time. His team would come second to Tennessee where it mattered. He would still be first, as any father is be bound by the dictates of love, affection and admiration. But his team would just have to come second.
Remember the article stated he said "this is a business decision". A parent does not have to like the company a child goes to work for. But they will support that child and be proud of its success.

My husband (damdawg) has read aloud every article written today about Tate R and his commitment. He read an article that said Pittman was told two weeks ago. He read to me how big he is, and an article that Pittman and winning were his reasons for choosing the dawgs, and of course, he shared that bleeping video. This makes me
View attachment 205393
Friend paying dividends.

Your self righteous fatherdom is awe inspiring. Do you also wear your “number one dad” t-shirt? Nothing says love like the arbitrary support of his college choice. I wouldn’t need to grandstand on a local news channel to prove I supported my son
If my son bought it for me absolutely I would. Do you have a son?

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
What kind of son would ask his dad to remove a decal for a team that he has rooted for forever? This is just another shot at 15 minutes of fame and a weak one at that.

I'd have told my son to pound sand. And I love my son with all my heart.

You can't fault the Ratledge kid. He knew that if he committed to Tennessee then he wouldn't see the field much until he was a Senior. He committed to Georgia so that he could see playing time by his 2nd season!

Reactions: Sleegro
Maybe, you can be ok with more than 1 team? Lots of parents have kids attend somewhere other than their alma mater. Some have 2 kids at rival schools. It's not that hard. Bet Archie didn't throw away his Ole Miss stuff.
You can support your child and still like your other team also.
Great response. Would be a tough pill to swallow, but you always root for family 1st, no matter how much it hurts (except if it's florida!!!!). As said b4, early signing period is late fall. It ain't over till then.

Reactions: DefenseWins
Refresh my memory... didn't UT just sign one of the nation's best OL recruiting classes? Wasn't Morris recruited right out from under UGA's nose?

Players choose schools for lots of reasons and as a parent you have to be supportive in something like this.
We NEED 4 OL in this class to replace the 4 presumptive seniors we lose after the 2020 season. 5 would be better. They don't all have to be able to play as freshmen but we probably need two who can give us some reps as true freshmen and the rest need to be legitimate prospects with good height and instincts and not projects.

I would imagine the fact we just signed two five star bookend tackles who will start a minimum of 3 years has something to do with this.

My husband (damdawg) has read aloud every article written today about Tate R and his commitment. He read an article that said Pittman was told two weeks ago. He read to me how big he is, and an article that Pittman and winning were his reasons for choosing the dawgs, and of course, he shared that bleeping video. This makes me
View attachment 205393
Invite his best friend over while he's at work.

Imo.

Reactions: rgvol
The scoop I got today in regards to Tate picking Georgia and maybe someone like @secking could help verify this. Im only the messenger but a good friend of mine is an assistant coach at ETSU who in return is very close friends with Tee. One of Georgia's main selling points to Tate was they would stop recruiting Paris Johnson Jr. and Tate would be the only tackle they would take this cycle. Plus everyone knows they are losing one maybe 2 starting Tackles to the draft this year. (not sold on Isiah Wilson) Tennessee would not offer this and tried to hammer home that you don't replace 2 with 1 in any recruiting cycle and you don't fix our oline problems with one cycle either. Competition breeds success and we need plenty of it. I also took this news as positive towards Paris if the coaches were not willing to stop recruiting him just to help get Tate but that's just me thinking outside the box.

The scoop I got today in regards to Tate picking Georgia and maybe someone like @secking could help verify this. Im only the messenger but a good friend of mine is an assistant coach at ETSU who in return is very close friends with Tee. One of Georgia's main selling points to Tate was they would stop recruiting Paris Johnson Jr. and Tate would be the only tackle they would take this cycle. Plus everyone knows they are losing one maybe 2 starting Tackles to the draft this year. (not sold on Isiah Wilson) Tennessee would not offer this and tried to hammer home that you don't replace 2 with 1 in any recruiting cycle and you don't fix our oline problems with one cycle either. Competition breeds success and we need plenty of it. I also took this news as positive towards Paris if the coaches were not willing to stop recruiting him just to help get Tate but that's just me thinking outside the box.

Well somebody better explain that Pittman already has one 5Star tackle committed..Tate makes the second OT for the 20 UGA class.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

VN Store

Back