'20 GA OL Tate Ratledge (UGA commit)

My husband (damdawg) has read aloud every article written today about Tate R and his commitment. He read an article that said Pittman was told two weeks ago. He read to me how big he is, and an article that Pittman and winning were his reasons for choosing the dawgs, and of course, he shared that bleeping video. This makes me
View attachment 205393
This is grounds for divorce. Pretty sure that's abuse.

Reactions: Rishvol

I questions a man's integrity and overall commitment to anything in life if he can flip on "his team" so quickly. He was SOOOOO proud of the Vols that he displayed a giant T and then his son commits to UGa and now he is not.......I get it I would support whatever team my son played for too but it doesn't mean Id have to be less of a VOLS fan to do it... Spineless IMO...

Pruitt should have sent Will Friend kicking cans and hired Pittman. That seems to be why the kid is going to Ga and not Tennessee.
You guys keep saying this. Youc an't hire someone who doesn't want to come here. WTF would he go from there to here? You guys need to leave your fantasy real behind and get a dose of reality.

I questions a man's integrity and overall commitment to anything in life if he can flip on "his team" so quickly. He was SOOOOO proud of the Vols that he displayed a giant T and then his son commits to UGa and now he is not.......I get it I would support whatever team my son played for too but it doesn't mean Id have to be less of a VOLS fan to do it... Spineless IMO...
Really? You support your family first in REAL LIFE

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Really? You support your family first in REAL LIFE

Might want to go back and read again, no where did I say he shouldn't support his family first. If you can turn on and turn off your support for a team then you are a spineless poser. Kuddos to him for putting up a G for his son, I would do the same but I would not denounce my fandom for Tennessee in the process.

Imo he’s an elite recruiter at OL and is highly regarded by other coaches. I worked with someone who worked with Pittman at Northern Illinois and he said he was a good guy as well. Main point of my post was that a UT board probably isn’t the best place to argue with UT fans about how good he is. Whether or not it’s true, it’s just gonna come off in bad taste.
You are correct and my apologies .. I like the convos over here which is why I roam these boards as it is. Good group of guys for the most part.

He definitely didnt have to make a video of it or take photos, but all yall are crazy if you wouldnt switch allegiance if your son was playing for another SEC team. You dont have to abandon your team, but you know you're rooting for your son, if he was lucky enough to play for an SEC rival. (Now, one hopes a good dad would instill a love of the vols so deep he'd never want to play for another team, but you cant control these kids. Ask Tee, Ask Kevin Mays.

Just look at how Aaron Hayden handles this situation. You can tell he loves and supports his son at Arky, but leaves no doubt he is a VFL. You can do both. Taking off the Power T was a stunt. Mean Dean can kick rocks...

I completely agree... and anyone that thinks he is throwing away his love for the Vols are overreacting. It was a show of love for his son and backing his son’s decision because of everyone knowing his love for the Vols... nothing more. I just think we have some keyboard warriors that get all bent out of shape because someone tore off their idol off the back of their truck.

Your self righteous fatherdom is awe inspiring. Do you also wear your “number one dad” t-shirt? Nothing says love like the arbitrary support of his college choice. I wouldn’t need to grandstand on a local news channel to prove I supported my son

I didn’t know I was boy wonder
then, the collective "you"....either way...if i'm going with intent, his intent was support his son.....that was the primary motivator, not cause an uproar in volnation.

the reaction though was inevitable.....and everyone, incuding him, should have known that. may not make a difference ultimately in his decision, but i would imagine he was at least aware.....

then, the collective "you"....either way...if i'm going with intent, his intent was support his son.....that was the primary motivator, not cause an uproar in volnation.

the reaction though was inevitable.....and everyone, incuding him, should have known that. may not make a difference ultimately in his decision, but i would imagine he was at least aware.....

Sure it was, everyone shows how much they love their son on the local news channel lol. I know for myself they coming by later this evening to film us playing cars

Just look at how Aaron Hayden handles this situation. You can tell he loves and supports his son at Arky, but leaves no doubt he is a VFL. You can do both. Taking off the Power T was a stunt. Mean Dean can kick rocks...
I don't think we recruited Aaron Hayden's kid very hard.

Last edited:
Might want to go back and read again, no where did I say he shouldn't support his family first. If you can turn on and turn off your support for a team then you are a spineless poser. Kuddos to him for putting up a G for his son, I would do the same but I would not denounce my fandom for Tennessee in the process.

I would support my son but the G would not go on my car just like the T didn’t go on Bennett’s.

VN Store

Back