Who performed better?

Who performed better in the spring game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shrout

While it would be nice for your QB to “win you games”, If you have a young QB you need them to not “lose the game.” With the 3 int’s..........that prob would have been the case. With a team that is trying to improve (one that is not “there” yet) throwing 3 int’s is disaster............and for that alone I cannot say Maurer was better.

Considering his age, Maurer looks to have possibly more upside for the future, than does Shrout,

JG is not secure. He hasn't demonstrated that he's that good. But you are right that at this point the other two are behind him significantly. So their ability to challenge him depends first on his development then on theirs.

Just reading what you said, seems pretty secure to me.

Neither of us are wrong. Im not arguing with you guys. I along with half of VN seem to see things differently. That's ok
But half isn’t minority. Agreed?

Just reading what you said, seems pretty secure to me.
The other two aren't good enough to challenge him at this point. Whether or when they do depends on his improvement and theirs. If he doesn't improve or one of them improves much faster... he's not currently good enough to be secure.

You left out an important stat line. JG was "sacked" 4 times. Shrout 3 times. Maurer 0.

This is one of the most important stats in my opinion. Maurer makes a decision and sticks with it quickly. The kid is confident.

You left out an important stat line. JG was "sacked" 4 times. Shrout 3 times. Maurer 0.

This is one of the most important stats in my opinion. Maurer makes a decision and sticks with it quickly. The kid is confident.
Apparently Maurer was sacked one time with the 1s at the end of the game.

The other two aren't good enough to challenge him at this point. Whether or when they do depends on his improvement and theirs. If he doesn't improve or one of them improves much faster... he's not currently good enough to be secure.

Seems secure at this point.

Reactions: butchna
Seems secure at this point.
May 9th? Yes. September 1st? Maybe not. Again, depends on who improves and how much over the next 4 months. Point is that JG is nowhere near good enough to be secure if one of the others develops at an accelerated pace.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I dont like my QBs throwing picks so im going with mauer even though he has the most upside

May 9th? Yes. September 1st? Maybe not. Again, depends on who improves and how much over the next 4 months.

Point is that JG is nowhere near good enough to be secure if one of the others develops at an accelerated pace.

You said you enjoy arguing. I'm arguing with you. You said "at this point" is this September 1st or May 9th?

He could improve under Chaney at an accelerated pace and widen the gap even further and it not even be an afterthought.

Quick someone look up Nate Petermans OW stats
I remember Bray’s last one was abysmal...4-11 or something like that. Got better in the regular season. 😉

Edit: check that...5-30.

Last edited:
Reactions: sjt18

VN Store

Back