Who performed better?

Who performed better in the spring game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DustyRockSolid

JT Shrout: 10-19, 138 yards, 1 TD 0 interceptions 3 sacks
Brian Maurer: 9-13, 118 yards, 0 TD 2 interceptions 1 sack

I'm curious what everyone thinks. For reasons.

Last edited:

sjt18

Both did good things. Both obviously did some bad things. Maurer made some mistakes but I'd give him the edge though I am hopeful for Shrout as well. I liked the way Maurer moved in the pocket and was decisive considering his point of development.

Shrout's deep completion was impressive. Led the receiver very nicely.

You left out an important stat line. JG was "sacked" 4 times. Shrout 3 times. Maurer 0.

1vol8

Both did good things. Both obviously did some bad things. Maurer made some mistakes but I'd give him the edge though I am hopeful for Shrout as well. I liked the way Maurer moved in the pocket and was decisive considering his point of development.

Shrout's deep completion was impressive. Led the receiver very nicely.

You left out an important stat line. JG was "sacked" 4 times. Shrout 3 times. Maurer 0.
He also left out BM going 3/4 with the 1st team on the last drive.

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
Look at the 1st team as well. BM was 3/4. And you didnt answer me about not voting then I noticed you already did along with butchna im assuming?
You abstaining? Along with the “vast minority”? 😉

BigOrangeTrain

Shrout and it wasn’t really close. I like both guys. It’s gonna be some exciting QB competition in the next few years. I just hope they can have some coaching stability and decent OL play in the future. If they do, then I think the future is bright for these guys.

TennMan101

Shrout and it wasn’t really close. I like both guys. It’s gonna be some exciting QB competition in the next few years. I just hope they can have some coaching stability and decent OL play in the future. If they do, then I think the future is bright for these guys.
I believe one of the two will end up transferring. I think Bailey will come in and lock up the starting position by 20'

BigOrangeTrain

I believe one of the two will end up transferring. I think Bailey will come in and lock up the starting position by 20'
Definitely possible. Bailey is one of the biggest QB recruits that TN has had in 20+ years. I believe he has the potential to be really special. I think of the 2 Maurer would be the one to transfer if he cannot win the job.

BigOrangeTrain

You're right about that. The last 2 years have been miserable. So, I'm prepared for this year.
If the OL doesnt improve dramatically, and if the spring game was any indicator it has not, then there wont be too much to be excited about the offense this year. Hopefully everything comes together for the offense this year.

VN Store

Sponsors