Zach Kent has been...

I’ve explained the difference plenty of times...and you mad! 😎 There’s a signpost our there “misleading” somebody. Your talents are better plyed there.

You explained it with misleading tricky wording every time.

On purpose. Your bs is why good posters get confused.

Point blank the post I told you was wrong was wrong. Posters deserve better

For those that really want to know the rules. Here's my best way to help

A regular redshirt can only happen in hoops when a player doesn't play at all.

If he has a season ending injury and plays in the less than 30% of the games and doesn't play past the halfway point of the year he can get a medical redshirt.

The only way to get 2 Redshirts, a 6th year, is if both years meet the medical requirements

Don't believe anything else posted here for a reaction.

For those that really want to know the rules. Here's my best way to help

A regular redshirt can only happen in hoops when a player doesn't play at all.

If he has a season ending injury and plays in the less than 30% of the games and doesn't play past the halfway point of the year he can get a medical redshirt.

The only way to get 2 Redshirts, a 6th year, is if both years meet the medical requirements

Don't believe anything else posted here for a reaction.
From a poster who specializes in it. 😉 Gentle VN posters under Bruin’s protection? Zach Kent is currently a redshirt freshman...not a medical redshirt freshman...cuz there’s no such thing. He was granted the REDSHIRT because he was injured and that was properly documented...else he wouldn’t have received the REDSHIRT and would have done so this year (part of Barnes “fudging” conspiracy). In the end, you either are granted a redshirt or you’re not. Medical language strengthens one’s chances of landing ANOTHER redshirt year for ANOTHER lost season due to injury and THAT is referred to as a medical redshirt. Pray for Brother Bruin in his time of distress. 😒

Honest question - at this point why does anyone think he is wanted for a 6th year? Unless he breaks out this year, then his opportunity at UT is probably gone. Hopefully the positive practice reports are true and he enters the rotation next season but we need to see it.

Yea this year requires working the system a little bit and playing the gray area of the rules. Nothing wrong with that either
Especially if they’re not even doing that. Got all the bases covered.

Honest question - at this point why does anyone think he is wanted for a 6th year? Unless he breaks out this year, then his opportunity at UT is probably gone. Hopefully the positive practice reports are true and he enters the rotation next season but we need to see it.

Because he's 6'11" and great players only stick around for 1 or 2 years. He could be really good if he's in the program for 6 years. My question is was his injury an anomaly or is he prone to chronic knee issues. He won't last 6 years if his knees are giving out.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Because he's 6'11" and great players only stick around for 1 or 2 years. He could be really good if he's in the program for 6 years. My question is was his injury an anomaly or is he prone to chronic knee issues. He won't last 6 years if his knees are giving out.
Thought his injury in his first season was a turf toe. Or was that just a joke we were passing around?

To be clear, I am not explicitly declaring him a bust, necessarily. I just believe we would be better off using that scholarship on someone who can come in and make an immediate impact (Blacksheer, perhaps) or saving the scholarship for someone in the 2020 class. I just hate to see it be used on someone I doubt makes an impact. And if we land him, or even if he don't, I hope he kills it. I don't wish him to fail just so I can sit back and say I told you so.
Yeah, no one on this board can get the concept of opportunity cost.

VQ doubling down on this and saying they’ve consistently heard Kent and Jalen Johnson as 2 guys who have really impressed through spring.

Of early enrollees Josiah James and Drew Pember are looking really good, Gaines has some ability but is very raw and going to need some development. Pember has surprised many with his strength and strong base, still needs to get stronger but been able to hold his own.

Good to hear about pember. We're going to have to rely on him a decent amount this year no matter what. If Grant stays, then I still think he's the PF off the bench. If grant leaves, it's either him or nkamhoua starting most likely.

Good to hear about pember. We're going to have to rely on him a decent amount this year no matter what. If Grant stays, then I still think he's the PF off the bench. If grant leaves, it's either him or nkamhoua starting most likely.
I would be surprised if Pember plays significant minutes this season. It needs to be a redshirt year for him. Unless there are injuries, he shouldn't have to play.

Of early enrollees Josiah James and Drew Pember are looking really good, Gaines has some ability but is very raw and going to need some development. Pember has surprised many with his strength and strong base, still needs to get stronger but been able to hold his own.
Must be fake news - we’ve got folks who’ve seen him play in HS and they know he’ll never contribute

Reactions: therickbol
Must be fake news - we’ve got folks who’ve seen him play in HS and they know he’ll never contribute
Lewis on VQ never saw him at Bearden, but says he tore it up against better players in AAU.

I would be surprised if Pember plays significant minutes this season. It needs to be a redshirt year for him. Unless there are injuries, he shouldn't have to play.
Just don't see that being the case, particularly if grant leaves. We don't have a lot of options at PF. Burns won't have the quickness. Fulkerson can't shoot outside of the paint, so that will cause all kinds of spacing issues. We don't really know what we'll get from Kent, but he seemingly would be more of a center anyway. Johnson is way too small, even pons would struggle with the PFs in the sec. That leaves Nkamhoua and Pember at the moment, with fulkerson and Pons getting some spot minutes.

I think Kent and Fulkerson would be a good pairing off the bench (or starting I guess depending if Kent is ahead of burns) since Kent can stretch the floor on offense and guard the C on Defense, while fulkerson does the inverse. That still leaves either the starter or significant role player off the bench.

VN Store

Back