A weird fact about yourself

I can't stand prime numbers for such things as thermostat settings. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard. So I can't handle having the thermostat on 67 or 71. (Same for cruise control, passwords requiring numerals, etc.)

I also assign attributes like temperatures and textures to names of colors, and they vary if the spelling varies. So "gray" is a deep velvety red and somewhat warm, like a towel just out of the dryer, while "grey" is silvery cool and damp, like rain.
In America its grAy. In England its grEy.

Not sure if that's 100% true. But its simple.enough for an idiot like me to remember.

Ever since college I have become partially OCD when it comes to patterns on the payment. If I see the pattern and notice how my feet land vs the pattern I subconsciously keep it up. Even skipping steps, long steps, short steps, whatever. Even if I notice I do it it's hard to break off. So if I step on the crack with my left foot I have to step on every crack with my left foot. Never had the issue as a kid, I guess architecture school broke me somehow.

If the pattern is broken, change of pavement or whatever, I dont feel the urge to keep doing it.

I count and add almost everything I see. Number of letters in the words on a sign, numbers of words, different colors, shapes, etc. Each punctuation mark had its own value too.

When I first started to write, I liked using my left hand. Back then, schools tried to teach all children to be right-handed, so I learned to write with both. I would get poor penmanship grades, because as my right hand tired, I would switch to my left. Breaking my left arm in Pop Warner football practice would get me used to writing with my right hand, and I've done so since. I shoot, fish, et al left-handed.

Fast forward to 2000. As a skydiver, I've always landed leading with my left foot. After breaking my left femur, I've had to adjust to leading with my right foot when landing. Deja vu...

I'm ambidextrous, but can't write good left handed, or hit a golf ball good right handed.
I've posted this before, but when eating I never swallow the last bite of anything. I don't know why, and hardly ever notice, but I'll spit it out when I'm done.
Think of how much ribeye you are wasting!

I'm ambidextrous, but can't write good left handed, or hit a golf ball good right handed.
I've posted this before, but when eating I never swallow the last bite of anything. I don't know why, and hardly ever notice, but I'll spit it out when I'm done.
Did that make for some awkward moments when you were invited over to someone's house for dinner?

VN Store

Back