‘20 NC PG Jalen Cone

Yep, a point I meant to include in my post. They are trying to convince Cam Hayes to reclass into the 2020 class from 2021. They fully intend to take a true PG in 2020.
As they should...neither Johnson or Springer is best suited at PG and neither guy is gonna demand to play there either, staff needs a PG. I haven’t looked much but if there’s a good sit 1 PG out there that could be an option the staff considers.

Did you really just make a long paragraph post on a NARRATIVE that u made up when you or anyone besides Mr. Cone know where he’s going? I mean can we atleast stay positive.. he’s made an unofficial visit, so he’s made his mind up.. u don’t know what school he’s choosing nor the circumstances that surrounds his choice.. even if he do choose to stay closer home, the young man do have a CHILD, so that cud play out as reasoning too.. but until he make the decision, let’s keep the narratives in the fairytale book
Stick around a while and you'll understand the pessimistic attitude. Tennessee should be renamed Hard Luck Cafe. Whether it's injuries to key players, not advancing in tournaments because of bad calls or fouls, Ponying up to retain a coach only to have it turn to a negative spin, etc, Murphy Reigns.

If we take 2 bigs like we are looking at that leaves 3 spots for fall signing class, no? If we have room for Cone in 2019 and don’t fill it or take a graduate transfer we still have room in 2020.

If we sign 2 bigs sure it becomes more likely we go all small in 20 but that's saying we have our bigs set and loaded for bear. I don't see that being the case

As they should...neither Johnson or Springer is best suited at PG and neither guy is gonna demand to play there either, staff needs a PG. I haven’t looked much but if there’s a good sit 1 PG out there that could be an option the staff considers.
Yep, I'd prefer Hayes (obviously), but would take a bird in the hand if they had talent.

However you slice it there’s room for 5...Bone/Turner/Bowden/Williams are all gone this year or next, Walker already transferred, so that’s 5.

If you take ORN & Plavsic that leaves you with 3 spots to sign for the fall class of 2020, if they took Cone/ORN/Plasvic that would’ve left 2 spots for the fall.

Set and loaded for bear?

Means happy with the guys you have

As for mentioning walker sure that gives us one more spot. That makes it easy now. I'm talking about how the staff approoaced the board the last year where imo Cone was a backup plan. ThAt extra spot changed things

Stick around a while and you'll understand the pessimistic attitude. Tennessee should be renamed Hard Luck Cafe. Whether it's injuries to key players, not advancing in tournaments because of bad calls or fouls, Ponying up to retain a coach only to have it turn to a negative spin, etc, Murphy Reigns.
I think UT basketball has made great strides.. I’ve been around for a while, seen the highs and lows.. “some people” are just negative regardless of success no matter what!!! That being said, everything happens for a reason n will play out the way it should!!

I think UT basketball has made great strides.. I’ve been around for a while, seen the highs and lows.. “some people” are just negative regardless of success no matter what!!! That being said, everything happens for a reason n will play out the way it should!!
Don't get me started on that myth.

As for mentioning walker sure that gives us one more spot. That makes it easy now. I'm talking about how the staff approoaced the board the last year where imo Cone was a backup plan. ThAt extra spot changed things
I think the staff approached the 2020 class with the idea (near certainty) that a spot would open up. Fulk, Kent, Burns, Walker, and possibly GW were not likely to coexist for two positions on the floor.

Barnes might have to change his approach with point guards. UT was short a point guard last season. Bone wants to leave with no guarantee that his near future will be successful. He couldn’t get Akinjo last year and might not get Cone. I know he got James, but it seems like Barnes is going to have to evaluate his approach.
He ain’t recruiting like a top 3 coach. Also show that they are NOT convinced James is a PG at this level

I don’t think they are taking ORN and Plavsic with the mindset that both are garbage players, if they take them I’m guessing they feel they’re likely impact players.

You don’t think the staff thought attrition was likely?

Is he closing like a tip 3 salaried coach, yes or no?

On his first target Cone? It would appear no, but I also am certain no coach bats 1.000 .either.

I’m also curious what that has to do with my post, I was asking a question about the staffs confidence in Bone which you failed to address?

Great, we are going to get this response until Barnes is no longer our coach. Going to be fun times around here.
It’s funny because Coach K missed on Josiah James to Barnes, Calipari missed on Weisman to Penny...literally no coach doesn’t miss on some guys, shows the ignorance of some.

VN: "We need barnes to add in a few 5 stars to add with the developmental guys we get

*Barnes gets Josiah James and Corey Walker

VN: "Ok well actually we need a full class of top 100 players and cant miss on anyone or Barnes isn't worth it"

lol People forget this is TN basketball. We are consistently swimming in recruiting waters that we've only swam in ONCE in our program history when Bruce had it rolling. Lets let the next 2 cycles play out....

I don’t think they are taking ORN and Plavsic with the mindset that both are garbage players, if they take them I’m guessing they feel they’re likely impact players.

You don’t think the staff thought attrition was likely?

I think it's very clear this staff doesn't over sign with attrition in mind.

Did you really just make a long paragraph post on a NARRATIVE that u made up when you or anyone besides Mr. Cone know where he’s going? I mean can we atleast stay positive.. he’s made an unofficial visit, so he’s made his mind up.. u don’t know what school he’s choosing nor the circumstances that surrounds his choice.. even if he do choose to stay closer home, the young man do have a CHILD, so that cud play out as reasoning too.. but until he make the decision, let’s keep the narratives in the fairytale book
Not making a narrative. Just making conversation man. Sorry I triggered you

So were they convinced Bone wasn’t a PG when they added Daniels? What about when they were pursuing Akinjo? Or did they just want depth?

They wanted depth and didn’t fully trust Turner to handle full PG minutes at the time in case of injury.

It is a little odd they were pushing for Cone to reclassify so much with Turner and James both on board. It’d be nice for depth but would he have gotten 10mpg?

VN Store

Back