‘20 NC PG Jalen Cone

I agree. Though I don't think his coaching style will produce a NC he'll leave a solid program behind that frequents conference championship games and goes to the tournament. It will be up to the admin to make an intelligent hire when he retires. If Pruitt succeeds and Barnes sustains, the money will be there.
I agree on the national titles. But we still probably have a better chance with Barnes than we would with some one else. And he is beating Ky on a regular basis. So there is that too. I am very pleased Tennessee kept him.

Reactions: Yeiser10 and calban
I agree on the national titles. But we still probably have a better chance with Barnes than we would with some one else. And he is beating Ky on a regular basis. So there is that too. I am very pleased Tennessee kept him.
I think we could have a shot. Look at Texas Tech as an example of an underrated commodity getting to the last game. Let's face it, a good team is essential, great defense is a big plus, but sheer luck and good fortune play a substantial role. For the record, I think that this year, we had some misfortune in the luck department.

And some will settle for anything.

How’s it “settling” when the coach we hired is being paid exactly what to do, and that’s win ball games??

You’re acting like Barnes is purposely trying to sabotage the program.

How’s it “settling” when the coach we hired is being paid exactly what to do, and that’s win ball games??

You’re acting like Barnes is purposely trying to sabotage the program.
You’re missing the point entirely. This is about recruiting. I’m okay with Barnes win/ loss ratio. In order to keep winning you have to recruit. If you paid me 26 mill over the next 5 yrs I’d bet you would be expecting talent on the roster. Current class coming in doesn’t get me excited. Outside of Josiah the other kids might not contribute much.

You’re missing the point entirely. This is about recruiting. I’m okay with Barnes win/ loss ratio. In order to keep winning you have to recruit. If you paid me 26 mill over the next 5 yrs I’d bet you would be expecting talent on the roster. Current class coming in doesn’t get me excited. Outside of Josiah the other kids might not contribute much.
I bet you probably said they thing about Williams,Schofield,Bone,Turner and Bowden.

Pember and Gaines are 3 star, James is the only 5 star. Don’t know much of the Big coming in. For $26 mill I expect by Coach to recruit better. Lots of shoes to fill this fall. Just my humble opinion.
The problem with this line of thinking is the idea that Rick Barnes recruits based on how much money he makes. And even if he did, all 3 of those kids were signed already at the moment in time when Tennessee made Barnes the 3rd highest paid coach in the country. You can expect what you want, but nothing was changing in the 19 class based on Barnes new salary in April. If you think you’re entitled to higher ranked kids, then look to 2020 for your results. I think you’ll be surprised. We currently have one commit and he’s a 5*. I guess ol’ Rick is earning his paycheck on the recruiting trail, now.

Most people have believed that about every class he has signed at Tennessee, and they just keep winning. I’m willing to let his methods fail on the court, where it matters, before I judge them too harshly. Rick Barnes has earned that right.

Ticket prices will increase anyway. Just the cost of doing business, being successful, and the product of supply and demand. Barnes’ salary will have little effect on that.

Most people have believed that about every class he has signed at Tennessee, and they just keep winning. I’m willing to let his methods fail on the court, where it matters, before I judge them too harshly. Rick Barnes has earned that right.

It slows a lack of intelligence to say Barnes has to recruit better to win while saying you add currently fine with his win/loss record. Very dumb considering the recruiting profile he's used so far

Reactions: Lefteye
It slows a lack of intelligence to say Barnes has to recruit better to win while saying you add currently fine with his win/loss record. Very dumb considering the recruiting profile he's used so far
Exactly. The irony is thick.

Again missing the point. Then name calling. That’s fine. This is about the incoming class. If you’re okay with it then great.

Again missing the point. Then name calling. That’s fine. This is about the incoming class. If you’re okay with it then great.

Hell yea I am good with it. 5 star in a position of need and another 4 star in a position of need as well.

Much stronger class on paper than Barnes has proved he can win with

The incoming is our highest ranked class since 2010

Yep but it's not just Sly. I don't think there has ever been a 5 star recruit in football or hoops that this fanbase hasn't had too high of expectations. It's the opposite with James. It's as if we are expecting to see Kwe Parker suit up at PG next fall.

Reactions: walkenvol
They do that every year...nothing to do with the coach’s salary. Why’d Fulmer and Boyd go to the boosters? ***** and giggles?

Reactions: CAVPUT

VN Store

Back