Why do some think Bailey will start in 2020?

I changed the stats and fixed the bold wording. Now stop crying. Its not a competition. You care way too much.
I really don't man. At this point its more about just showing you that I know what i'm talking about. Ive coached qbs for a long time. In fact I wish you hadn't done that. That was between us. But what's done is done.

As for the overall issue I'm just happy that UT has a promising future at the position. Im like anyone else and just want to see this team succeed. Im excited. So yes maybe I do care more than some about the overall direction of the program.

Lets not talk on that thread. But yes it is slanted to his advantage by the way he posted the stats and put the ints in bold. Like I said if i'm wrong im wrong and I'll concede like a man. But I do feel if someone was going to do that they should've done it with no stats, no bold. Just the question.
You keep stressing how new you are on here. If that’s remotely true, allow me to reassure you...bold schmold! This crew will vote how they think!

Last edited:
Not while I’m dominating!
- VolAte1 prolly
giphy.gif
So. Since the QB guru said he was done, let me ask your opinion. Do you think Shrout performed better and if JG goes down for an extended time, who do you think Pruitt turns to first?

So. Since the QB guru said he was done, let me ask your opinion. Do you think Shrout performed better and if JG goes down for an extended time, who do you think Pruitt turns to first?
Shrout gets first shot...just due to experience. O&W Game means zilch...but Shrout had the better game. What transpires in the Summer and Fall Camp bears the most weight. More importantly, if JG DOESN’T get hurt, there’s no benefit to Maurer or the program to waste a developmental year...physically or mentally. He gets to take snaps in four games and that means we’re doing well.

Shrout gets first shot...just due to experience. O&W Game means zilch...but Shrout had the better game. What transpires in the Summer and Fall Camp bears the most weight. More importantly, if JG DOESN’T get hurt, there’s no benefit to Maurer or the program to waste a developmental year...physically or mentally. He gets to take snaps in four games and that means we’re doing well.
I agree 100 percent on that. I actually hope they put Maurer in a little bit during 4 games if we are able. Give him some live game reps but still redshirt him.

I really don't man. At this point its more about just showing you that I know what i'm talking about. Ive coached qbs for a long time. In fact I wish you hadn't done that. That was between us. But what's done is done.

As for the overall issue I'm just happy that UT has a promising future at the position. Im like anyone else and just want to see this team succeed. Im excited. So yes maybe I do care more than some about the overall direction of the program.
Well coach, I'll give my layman's observation despite neither Brady or Manning ever attending a chargervol QB camp.

Focusing on just BM and Shrout.
1. The O&W game isn't much of a litmus test when discussing the future starter. It was both QBs 1st time on a big stage, nerves are for sure a factor and we don't know who was affected more. Both could look entirely different when settled in.
Plus, we've seen over and over that the spring game champ isn't always the the best option come fall. Often the opposite, honestly.

2. The interceptions are tricky. The situation will play a major role.

Peyton threw one - D stepped up.
Bray - automatic points for the opponents.

We don't know jack about the 20/21 defense yet, so hard to judge if the risk is worth the gunslinger reward.

You've minimized interceptions but BM threw them against our 2nd team D. Guarantano already said that we were playing the most vanilla defense he had seen since the spring started.
Dismiss if you wish but throwing 2 against a poor defense, is a concern.

Reactions: butchna
Well coach, I'll give my layman's observation despite neither Brady or Manning ever attending a chargervol QB camp.

Focusing on just BM and Shrout.
1. The O&W game isn't much of a litmus test when discussing the future starter. It was both QBs 1st time on a big stage, nerves are for sure a factor and we don't know who was affected more. Both could look entirely different when settled in.
Plus, we've seen over and over that the spring game champ isn't always the the best option come fall. Often the opposite, honestly.

2. The interceptions are tricky. The situation will play a major role.

Peyton threw one - D stepped up.
Bray - automatic points for the opponents.

We don't know jack about the 20/21 defense yet, so hard to judge if the risk is worth the gunslinger reward.

You've minimized interceptions but BM threw them against our 2nd team D. Guarantano already said that we were playing the most vanilla defense he had seen since the spring started.
Dismiss if you wish but throwing 2 against a poor defense, is a concern.
I actually agree with you on most. I heard then on the broadcast saying it was anything but vanilla def. The other is I'm not minimizing both ints. Im minimizing the second one because Keyton came in with a lot of hype and youd like to see him make a play on a 50/50 ball. Or at least an attempt. He looked like he gave up on the play. And I know the spring game means crap. That's why I'm not focased on the stats. What I seen was a comfortable kid with quick reads and quicker feet. Ball placement was very impressive as well.

I actually agree with you on most. I heard then on the broadcast saying it was anything but vanilla def. The other is I'm not minimizing both ints. Im minimizing the second one because Keyton came in with a lot of hype and youd like to see him make a play on a 50/50 ball. Or at least an attempt. He looked like he gave up on the play. And I know the spring game means crap. That's why I'm not focased on the stats. What I seen was a comfortable kid with quick reads and quicker feet. Ball placement was very impressive as well.
I know what they said on the broadcast. They said that because we were blitzing a lot. That's it.
And I'm telling you that Guarantano said otherwise.

Yes. A lot.
But what @Pepe is leaving out is that Cade committed to a coach and circumstances.
Bailey had TN in his short list from the beginning and a different HC, OC and position coach hasn't bothered him in the least.
He's committed to TN, not a coach.[

Yes. A lot.
But what @Pepe is leaving out is that Cade committed to a coach and circumstances.
Bailey had TN in his short list from the beginning and a different HC, OC and position coach hasn't bothered him in the least.
He's committed to TN, not a coach.
Thank you

Reactions: chargervol
I have a friend who knows Bailey's uncle's mailman' wife's hairdresser's daughter's son-in-laws' co-worker.

He is reporting that Bailey will forego the remainder of his Middle School eligibility and is scheduled to start for us against Georgia State.

Just took a look myself, impressive that you left off BM attempted more than 500 more passes. And I'm not bent out of shape, as long as one of them is elite I'm game. Smart money is on Bailey though. BM has a long ways to go, even from competing against elite guys. Yes his HS team was pathetic, but so was their competition. Bailey plays a national schedule against D1 loaded rosters
Mauer is at least on the roster though, at this point there is no guarantee Bailey signs with us. We got another 7+ months to sweat that one out. Until he signs I would hold onto your "smart money".

I'm not sure Bailey starts in 2020, but I feel VERY CONFIDENT that he is the future. 2021 I would probably bet on

Considering the seemingly endless posts making JG out to be the worst QB to every pick up a football, I’d say most of the board doesn’t have the first clue about how to evaluate a quarterback

Hard to evaluate any QB when he is constantly either running for his life, or comes off the field looking like a raccoon who tired to cross the interstate.

It's all over tbh. You tube, a few on the forums. It's not what I would call a "popular" opinion but there's at least 1 it seems everywhere you look where comments are taken. I read a lot so I don't miss much

What about being all over FB?

VN Store

Back