Last Goodbye

stop trying to be a nanny. warlick doesn't deserve any sappy slobber is my point. please put me on
ignore and move on

When you put this kind of stink out in the room others may choose to politely let it pass, but it is impossible to ignore... especially when it is repackaged and repeated like it had actual value. Holly pretty much was a prime example of the Peter Principle as a HEAD coach, but way to many posters attained that distinction as quality fans along with her. Odd that they hold her her execution as inherently open for scrutiny but their own is not. Value add to the program is what it is.... or is not.

Just everyone FYI’s. And notice the verb tense.

"I was a part of this program," Warlick said after the UCLA loss. "I played here; I obviously coached with Coach Summitt and was a head coach. I just want to be remembered for my passion for the program, passion for the game. I think it's a great game, and if I had a daughter — whether I'm coaching or not — I'd send her to the University of Tennessee because they care about women.

"That's what you want: You want a woman to have that opportunity to be successful."

Class act, like her coaching or not, success or not, she’s talking with class. A good role model a lot on here could use.
Holly does not have a daughter. But Diamond and her mother may have shown more love and loyalty for UT than others!

I know many fans and "fans" wanted this outcome.

To me, and many others, this feels like the last goodbye to Pat. Holly was the last link to her. It's the end of an era.

She had to do the impossible task of following her mentor and friend into a job that she never coveted. She did it because Pat asked her to, and she didn't want to let her down.

I'm not saying that a change wasn't needed. I just wish there had been a different outcome for Holly, and the program as a whole.

She gave over half of her life to this program. She deserves respect and a huge thank you for all she has done. She is a true LVFL!
I do feel bad for Holly in a way, but I don't think her work under Pat put her into a position to be a head coach, especially a head coach of the most storied women's program in the nation. She was made to be an assistant to Pat, and as Kellie Jolly Harper said, we all thought the head coaching job was Pat's forever.
But there is no way she is the last link to Pat. Pat has links all over this country. Head coaches and assistant coaches all over as well as some pretty prominent sports announcers and successful women in many other fields all come from the School of Pat, not just Holly and Kellie. There might even be a few men that benefited from her teaching. No, Pat's legacy is alive and well in the world of women's basketball and sports in general and I believe it will still be around when we are gone.

She did not have an impossible job.... she didn't even teach the game to her team.... the proof is on the court and the situations where basic coaching would have plugged a lot of holes...

and add to that.... Holly refused to leave.... Pollyanna was going to make it right the next year and then the next year.....

So many obvious shortcomings.... yet many in LV land still make excuses for her..... she will live a nice life I wish her well.... but i am happy so happy she is not with the program.... she did nothing but fail it time after time....

She was given a Cadillac passed over a Yugo....

All things that live change and this is just another thing. I hate that Holly wasn’t successful she loved the Vols. I believe/pray she will be alright as I love Holly because she was a great person who always put UT first. I just hope this works better than the firing of Phillip Fulmer.

Yes Holly is a good person, etc etc.... but where I get off the bus is when it is said that she always put UT first.... in my opinion, when your players do not listen to you ... or respect you.... or you say "I cannot coach effort" and "if i knew what was wrong I would fix it"..... and then you refuse to resign.... that is putting yourself first not the school

Yes Holly is a good person, etc etc.... but where I get off the bus is when it is said that she always put UT first.... in my opinion, when your players do not listen to you ... or respect you.... or you say "I cannot coach effort" and "if i knew what was wrong I would fix it"..... and then you refuse to resign.... that is putting yourself first not the school

You said it all.. I give u A+.. The part u said that i really liked was when she kept on say " I don't have an answer, yet she refused to resign.

Sorry Folks, it was obvious from the Get-Go that Holly was in way over her head!
sstMxMh-5ab00c7bfa6bcc003622e4f5.jpg

Says the wannabe who has never coached at the collegiate level. You are a joke. You, nor the original poster have no right to slam Holly’s character.

ok,, Holly
Let's go over the new standards that you set during your tenure here as a head coach.

And tvol..you don't know me, I'm ready to prove what I am Anytime, and on any court. Right now my schedule is wide open. If you have a challenge make it.! Otherwise if all you got to do is run your mouth about people you've never met...

Yawn!!

Last edited:
Holly has very good character..... and she is a terrible basketball head coach..... those 2 are mutually exclusive....

and ne'er the 2 will meet

Reactions: Amb3096
ok,, Holly
Let's go over the new standards that you set during your tenure here as a head coach.

And tvol..you don't know me, I'm ready to prove what I am Anytime, and on any court. Right now my schedule is wide open. If you have a challenge make it.! Otherwise if all you got to do is run your mouth about people you've never met...

Yawn!!

Like you’re doing?

YAWN right back atcha!!

Reactions: T-TownVol
Holly was nice to her son, Coach J. She's in momma bear mode.

If you’re thinking about making a dig... don’t.

And I STAY in Mama Bear mode.

Attachments

• F33F1EC1-EA7A-4916-844D-E2EBCD3B77EE.jpeg
    F33F1EC1-EA7A-4916-844D-E2EBCD3B77EE.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 2
To me the program has been in constant mourning status since Pat passed away. Some point and time everybody has to move on. Never forget just move on. I am afraid as long as HW was there the entire UT family was never going to be able to move on. I am the same age as our ex coach and I am a native of Knoxville and HW was one of our own and nobody other than trolls and knuckle draggers should look at HW in any other light, but that is just me. She was the cornerstone of the base that Pat built that is the modern day Lady Vols and will always be remembered that way. Any time a Lady Vol gets on an airplane and goes to the juice bar they need to thank Holly, they could be riding in an old smoking van and selling donuts to pay for transportation to the games.

Says the wannabe who has never coached at the collegiate level. You are a joke. You, nor the original poster have no right to slam Holly’s character.

LOL. Big words for someone who carried her bathwater for YEARS on this board. Those of you who defended Holly for years when those of us with fully functioning brains could see what was happening should honestly be laying low out of embarrassment instead of starting s*** with people who actually know what they're talking about. The audacity of you to actually be running your mouth right now is hilarious. You have egg all over your faces and you don't even realize it.

Clearly Coach Jumper strikes a nerve with you. All he did was agree with a post. Why aren't you having a dying duck fit to the person who actually made the post instead of him for agreeing with it? OBTW, that post is absolutely right. You may not like it, but facts don't care about your feelings or anyone else's. We all know Holly was never going to leave on her own dime, despite it being clear for a good four seasons that she needed to go. She was too stubborn to realize how bad of a coach she was. The program was dismantled under her watch no matter how much the Hollyannas can't stand it. Your girl didn't get the job done and got canned. Get over it.

LOL. Big words for someone who carried her bathwater for YEARS on this board. Those of you who defended Holly for years when those of us with fully functioning brains could see what was happening should honestly be laying low out of embarrassment instead of starting s*** with people who actually know what they're talking about. The audacity of you to actually be running your mouth right now is hilarious. You have egg all over your faces and you don't even realize it.

Clearly Coach Jumper strikes a nerve with you. All he did was agree with a post. Why aren't you having a dying duck fit to the person who actually made the post instead of him for agreeing with it? OBTW, that post is absolutely right. You may not like it, but facts don't care about your feelings or anyone else's. We all know Holly was never going to leave on her own dime, despite it being clear for a good four seasons that she needed to go. She was too stubborn to realize how bad of a coach she was. The program was dismantled under her watch no matter how much the Hollyannas can't stand it. Your girl didn't get the job done and got canned. Get over it.

You get over it and get over yourself.

And furthermore, what I am defending is that HW is a HUMAN BEING and I don’t understand why this ongoing bashing and criticism exists. She is gone - what you all wanted.

And as far as me “starting sh** with people who actually know what they’re talking about,” well - when folks comment on public forums, other folks can respond - that’s the way it works. And what a laughable statement to act like CJ is some “expert.” He is a self-professed expert and if he is so great, he would be working in a program somewhere instead of spouting off on here about someone’s character he doesn’t even know. I have seen him try to run at least one person off here that was a legitimate college BB coach - demanded they provide proof - like he has any right to question or demand anything of anyone! You wanna talk about audacity!

And as far as these comments about how HW should have stepped down - that’s hilarious. None of you would have walked away either and anyone who says they would have is lying.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyvolfan4ever
To me the program has been in constant mourning status since Pat passed away. Some point and time everybody has to move on. Never forget just move on. I am afraid as long as HW was there the entire UT family was never going to be able to move on. I am the same age as our ex coach and I am a native of Knoxville and HW was one of our own and nobody other than trolls and knuckle draggers should look at HW in any other light, but that is just me. She was the cornerstone of the base that Pat built that is the modern day Lady Vols and will always be remembered that way. Any time a Lady Vol gets on an airplane and goes to the juice bar they need to thank Holly, they could be riding in an old smoking van and selling donuts to pay for transportation to the games.

Nice post! A change may have been needed, but there’s no need for some of the things said about her on this board. I don’t get why it continues. She is gone.

Reactions: Ladyvolfan4ever
Why in the world are y’all still bitching and moaning about Holly? Listen closely....SHE’S GONE!!! Making nasty comments about Holly and each other is insane on so many levels! I was never a fan of Holly as head coach...but she was what we had and it never deterred me from rooting for the Lady Vols. It’s past time to move on from the “Holly” era, so, my posts, from this point on, will be positive in my support for our great LV program and our new head coach!!

And you would know these things because you were there?

Reactions: T_Vol376

VN Store

Back