Last Goodbye

mtsuraider06

I know many fans and "fans" wanted this outcome.

To me, and many others, this feels like the last goodbye to Pat. Holly was the last link to her. It's the end of an era.

She had to do the impossible task of following her mentor and friend into a job that she never coveted. She did it because Pat asked her to, and she didn't want to let her down.

I'm not saying that a change wasn't needed. I just wish there had been a different outcome for Holly, and the program as a whole.

She gave over half of her life to this program. She deserves respect and a huge thank you for all she has done. She is a true LVFL!

To me, and many others, this feels like the last goodbye to Pat. Holly was the last link to her. It's the end of an era.

She had to do the impossible task of following her mentor and friend into a job that she never coveted. She did it because Pat asked her to, and she didn't want to let her down.

I'm not saying that a change wasn't needed. I just wish there had been a different outcome for Holly, and the program as a whole.

She gave over half of her life to this program. She deserves respect and a huge thank you for all she has done. She is a true LVFL!

Exactly how I feel. Thank you for putting it so eloquently. I can’t imagine how difficult this is for her to let go....

Very well stated.

I agree in that I wish it had worked out. I would've loved nothing more than her to be the one to return us to prominence.

But nothing personal against Holly, but it is what it is. She was a player here, has her jersey in the rafters and coached her for over 30 years. None of that will ever change regardless of this outcome.

please save the tears ..... warlick made a lot of money while trashing the Lady Vols program that Pat built.

I realize that I shouldn't respond to you, but alas....you're ignorant.

Before you reply with more nonsense, I thought she should be let go. If you think it was about money to Holly then I don't know what to tell you.

People need to realize that there are a whole lot of people affected by this outcome. While it may needed to be done, I don't think it appropriate to be all giddy about other peoples misery. Just show a little respect to the people that have worked hard to try and achieve a goal. They may have not accomplished the goal, but they tried. Be respectful and look forward to a new chapter in Lady Vol basketball.

People need to realize that there are a whole lot of people affected by this outcome. While it may needed to be done, I don't think it appropriate to be all giddy about other peoples misery. Just show a little respect to the people that have worked hard to try and achieve a goal. They may have not accomplished the goal, but they tried. Be respectful and look forward to a new chapter in Lady Vol basketball.

Well said!

I realize that I shouldn't respond to you, but alas....you're ignorant.

Before you reply with more nonsense, I thought she should be let go. If you think it was about money to Holly then I don't know what to tell you.

He is a dumb ass, and extremely ANGRY about something other than Lady Vol's basketball.

Just everyone FYI’s. And notice the verb tense.

"I was a part of this program," Warlick said after the UCLA loss. "I played here; I obviously coached with Coach Summitt and was a head coach. I just want to be remembered for my passion for the program, passion for the game. I think it's a great game, and if I had a daughter — whether I'm coaching or not — I'd send her to the University of Tennessee because they care about women.

"That's what you want: You want a woman to have that opportunity to be successful."

Class act, like her coaching or not, success or not, she’s talking with class. A good role model a lot on here could use.

VN Store

Back