Last Goodbye

That’s a nice statement. Still, it doesn’t excuse Warlick’s actions and her role in bringing LV basketball to its lowest point. Negative repercussions cannot be avoided just because she’s a VFL. She doesn’t deserve ridicule, but I don’t think she deserves veneration either.

Only the 3rd coaching search in 45 YEARS!!! Think about that for a min.....HUGE shoes to fill for the next guy. Holly was Pats assistant from 1985-2012 and HC till 2019. I think the next hire if he’s a proven coach will get tradition restored rather quickly....

Holly did her best, but she simply wasn't up to the task.

But I think we're all being a bit melodramatic if we think that Holly was "the last link to Pat." Does anyone believe that the next coach won't welcome every former Lady Vol back to visit any time they like? He/she would have to be INSANE to turn away the most profound "links to Pat" whom, I'm certain, will continue to come back regularly to bond with their younger sisters.

Pat's legacy will never, ever die, and there will always be pieces of her in and around the program. You can count on that.

So everyone, chins up! Everything's going to be just fine.

Holly did her best, but she simply wasn't up to the task.

But I think we're all being a bit melodramatic if we think that Holly was "the last link to Pat." Does anyone believe that the next coach won't welcome every former Lady Vol back to visit any time they like? He/she would have to be INSANE to turn away the most profound "links to Pat" whom, I'm certain, will continue to come back regularly to bond with their younger sisters.

Pat's legacy will never, ever die, and there will always be pieces of her in and around the program. You can count on that.

So everyone, chins up! Everything's going to be just fine.

Well said. Plus, Pat's name is on the floor, and "The Walz" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

I acknowledge the sacrifice Holly made to the program as a player, assistant coach and associate coach. I also acknowledge that she just didn't have what it takes to coach this program, and I'm glad she's gone...but I wish her no ill will. Good luck to her in whatever she chooses to do, but I'm happy to look forward to the LV program re-establishing themselves as a force to be reckoned with.

Bring in Jeff Walz...NOW!

I know many fans and "fans" wanted this outcome.

To me, and many others, this feels like the last goodbye to Pat. Holly was the last link to her. It's the end of an era.

She had to do the impossible task of following her mentor and friend into a job that she never coveted. She did it because Pat asked her to, and she didn't want to let her down.

I'm not saying that a change wasn't needed. I just wish there had been a different outcome for Holly, and the program as a whole.

She gave over half of her life to this program. She deserves respect and a huge thank you for all she has done. She is a true LVFL!
I don’t look at this as the last goodbye to Pat. I look it as the rebirth of what Pat built.

To me, and many others, this feels like the last goodbye to Pat. Holly was the last link to her. It's the end of an era.

She had to do the impossible task of following her mentor and friend into a job that she never coveted. She did it because Pat asked her to, and she didn't want to let her down.

I'm not saying that a change wasn't needed. I just wish there had been a different outcome for Holly, and the program as a whole.

She gave over half of her life to this program. She deserves respect and a huge thank you for all she has done. She is a true LVFL!
I truly love your words and think that speaks for "ALL" true LV fans...her face alone, will be missed on the LV sidelines...it has always been there through my decades of watching the LVs...I think he was a great assistant coach, but the head coaching for this high level ball club was too overwhelming for her...I won't miss her head coaching prowess, but I will very much seeing her 😥...Great head coach or not, she is still a living part of an historical tenure...she is part of over 1300 LV victories👑 [WOW] 💣💥...I can't think of any immediate challengers of that feat...I wish nothing but the best to a TRUE LVFL 🤙🏀🧡

Reactions: Nute Gunray
You are extremely childish and not very intelligent if you can't separate your evaluation of her ability as a head coach from the rest of the post that this piece of drivel meme was posted as a response.
guess how much an opinion from a nobody like you is worth to me ..... then get lost.

You rite, but fulmer said thanks holly..

We all miss Pat Summit and NO ONE will ever take her place - her history is forever etched in Sports History, and in our hearts. But, as they say, sometimes you have to finish one chapter before the next one begins. Let's Thank Holly for her years of dedication to the Lady Vols, but be excited about the potential new chapter this change brings. With the right hire, we could see this program pulled from the ashes and restored to its rightful place atop WCBB! Go Lady Vols!!!

Reactions: lvocd
People need to realize that there are a whole lot of people affected by this outcome. While it may needed to be done, I don't think it appropriate to be all giddy about other peoples misery. Just show a little respect to the people that have worked hard to try and achieve a goal. They may have not accomplished the goal, but they tried. Be respectful and look forward to a new chapter in Lady Vol basketball.

We are fans on a forum. We have no personal connection with anyone directly involved in this. Whether we are respectful or disrespectful here doesnt make a damn bit of difference to anyone but the butterflies who get so easily offended. As a fan who has had to watch this incompetence for the last 8 years, you bet your ass I'm giddy about it.

Perfectly said.

Reactions: T_Vol376
She's a Vol through and through but not HC material.

Some people are great assistants but terrible coaches or bosses. Holly's ceiling is probably "set-up man."

VN Store

Back