Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
France - if the content is true from what many articles posted on the web for an extensive period of time have stated - Christian churches are being targeted all over that country and are being torched, looted, defecated on, and vandalized. Most reports are accompanied by photos and videos. Some outlets are reporting it has averaged two times per week. One outlet stated there were 47 events targeting Christian churches and religious sites reported to law enforcement in February alone. So, one must decide that some or all of the outlets are lying, the events are mostly false flags created by anti-Islamists, or that elements within the massive influx of refugees and their supporters are actually targeting Christianity in France.
Typical big city issues/homelessness, vandalizing, tagging, etc.

Think we'll be good on roster count, assuming the guys in the transfer portal leave. George is gone and it's looking like DKJr will rehab his knee for the draft. Harris won't have his final grades until mid-June, unless he already knows he's not going to get what he needs. We could lose a few more, but IDT we'll need to encourage anybody to move on.

Do you think any of our guys who are already in the transfer portal will have the option to return under scholarship if they have second thoughts? The way I'm thinking about this is the guys who decided to skip spring practice by entering the portal probably shouldn't be allowed back at our expense. I guess they could pay their own way but I wouldn't pick up their tab. The guys who don't skip portions of off-season training and realizing they may be running out of time to get on the field, if they were to pick a window to test their prospects in the portal, I think I would handle that on a case by case basis. jmo.

A school is under no obligation to hold a player at the institution. While this can be advantageous for situations where both a player and an institution are unhappy, it can also become a bargaining chip for schools. Institutions are not required to hold scholarship money for a player once they enter the transfer portal. An institution, should they want to, can take away a scholarship from a player the semester after they enter the transfer portal. A school cannot take away a scholarship from a student-athlete until after the academic term they have entered the transfer portal. Student-athlete cannot lose their scholarship during a term in-progress.

Do you think any of our guys who are already in the transfer portal will have the option to return under scholarship if they have second thoughts? The way I'm thinking about this is the guys who decided to skip spring practice by entering the portal probably shouldn't be allowed back at our expense. I guess they could pay their own way but I wouldn't pick up their tab. The guys who don't skip portions of off-season training and realizing they may be running out of time to get on the field, if they were to pick a window to test their prospects in the portal, I think I would handle that on a case by case basis. jmo.

Not sure what Drew Richmond is waiting for, but I’m pretty sure that bridge is thoroughly burned

JJP has gone home and we’re not sure if he will return.
Apparently is at home, dealing with “personal issues”. Hopefully he gets things right, for his own sake, but I’ve had my doubts for awhile. Unfortunately, he’s come from a tough place in life and has not been able to turn the corner yet
I'm disappointed but can't say I'm surprised, it's felt like he was going to be all potential, no production since he got here so late last summer, I HOPE that he comes back and lights it up but if not I wish him the best

I'm disappointed but can't say I'm surprised, it's felt like he was going to be all potential, no production since he got here so late last summer, I HOPE that he comes back and lights it up but if not I wish him the best

I have had huge doubts since August, it’s been nothing but confirmation since that time.

Reactions: BucVol98
Thank god we landed Toots.

Surely our horrific bust streak must end soon... - Vol fan circa 2005-2019, definitely
I’d like to see Henry in that rotation with Reid and ignont. Imo, bituli and Crouch are better at OLB and we need help at that position

wait, when did this news on JJP happen??? last i saw was coaches talking him up a big, just noting he's banged up?

mercy.

He
He's just quoting something that Fulmer said at the press conference that just happened.
Since Fulmer said it Saturday though, I would have gone "Fulmer doubles down" or similar.

Like when reporters cover politicians pre election. Just want to avoid the 'news to me' look on repeats, if that makes sense.

Man, I came in here and expected that we would be back on football subjects. But you all still talking bout golf. Not that I'm complaining 😂

Looks like he'll be playing again at the first of May. Cant wait to see if he continues improving his game. If he could consistantly drive the ball like he did in the first round, he'll win a lot.
I think he can win a few more as long as his health will hold up, and maybe get in the top 5 or so...that in itself would be an awesome accomplishment..but..he is not going to dominate like he did before imo...

He is still the best iron player in the world, maybe the best ever iron player according to Jack..as long as that holds up..he will be a force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back