Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always saw more Ole Miss in Memphis than anything.
i grew up there, mostly in Desoto County, in the 70's, 80's and early 90's.

as a TN fan i always felt like a minority....i think there was maybe 1 other TN fan in my high school?

Ole Miss, MSU and Bama is what i saw the most.

On the state border.... 100 miles from the state border... Makes perfect sense
yeah, the main road in my home town is called State Line road. cause, you know, it was the MS/TN state line..............................................lol.

Reactions: Rishvol
yeah, the main road in my home town is called State Line road. cause, you know, it was the MS/TN state line..............................................lol.

I know what proximity is.

It's more of a slight to Memphians that we're "not a part of Tennessee". Up until the mid-late 90's we were the biggest city in the state. Now we're part of Mississippi. It's a backhanded comment.

I know what proximity is.

It's more of a slight to Memphians that we're "not a part of Tennessee". Up until the mid-late 90's we were the biggest city in the state. Now we're part of Mississippi. It's a backhanded comment.

Lol, it was absolutely backhanded. The old joke used to be “Mississippi could annex Memphis and the IQ of both states would go up.”

Silly humor, but as a west Tennessee guy (Jackson area) it was always fun the poking back and forth that Memphis folk and WTenn folk had at each other. The Memphis folk always had plenty to shoot back with, typically in the inbred categories....

Lol that's where I grew up. We came up with thicker skin back then I guess!!!

Lol.

Memphisites tell me something and be honest-- when Rose was with Memphis and they went to the FInal, how hard did you cheer for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back