Melanie Balcomb will interview....

Yes, and balloutmedia tweeted their big scoop. Carolyn Peck. PF is going to the Final Four to talk with her. Who knows where this crap comes from? Even those that have inside knowledge say half truths and some just complete lies.

according to InsideExposure -JM. I guess someone else can post the link?

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
Pass on both. Especially if Gail G could be convinced, begged, cajoled. If I'm getting an experienced coach with a questionable record, I'm taking GG all the way over either.

Also, I haven't forgiven Balcomb for the horrible upset she engineered with Xavier prematurely ending the Meeks era. Only recently forgave Peck for the '99 season opening busting of our undefeated streak at Purdue and like her personality better than Balcomb, but man her record just stinks.

Pass on both. Especially if Gail G could be convinced, begged, cajoled. If I'm getting an experienced coach with a questionable record, I'm taking GG all the way over either.

Also, I haven't forgiven Balcomb for the horrible upset she engineered with Xavier prematurely ending the Meeks era. Only recently forgave Peck for the '99 season opening busting of our undefeated streak at Purdue and like her personality better than Balcomb, but man her record just stinks.
I have to say, with this unimpressive list of interviews we are seeing... Gail G is looking better and better. She might even could be another Rick Barnes? Wishful thinking... but you never know.

I would rather have Gail Goestenkors as Tennessee women's head basketball coach than Melanie Balcomb also

I have to say, with this unimpressive list of interviews we are seeing... Gail G is looking better and better. She might even could be another Rick Barnes? Wishful thinking... but you never know.
I'm warming up to her as Tennessee women's head basketball coach also:cool:

I will say that Balcomb makes more sense than Peck.... One of the worst jobs in the SEC over the last 20 years was Carolyn Peck at Florida. She couldn't recruit ants to a picnic.

She had her best recruiting class (ranked 7th nationally) in 2005 and never recruited at a high level after that. Ironically, 4 of her 6 recruits were from the state of Tennessee. Lol

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

It would be ironic having them both together here after they were together at Texas for a while.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Yes, and balloutmedia tweeted their big scoop. Carolyn Peck. PF is going to the Final Four to talk with her. Who knows where this crap comes from? Even those that have inside knowledge say half truths and some just complete lies.

Caroline Peck was on Pats staff is a Cookeville native & won a National Championship at Purdue but was awful at Florida

Reactions: feathersax

Remember how spastic some were when Fulmer was doing a search for an O C?
Rumors flew abound. People got upset & accused Fulmer of being incompetent, based on rumors of candidates being interviewed
During the O C search, a reporter mentioned Chaney, and most people dismissed that idea

Maybe Fulmer is doing something and we are left guessing. Meanwhile everything is under control behind the scenes

Balcomb did quite well at Vandy for many years, despite not recruiting all that well. She won the SECT a couple of times and always seemed to make a S16 run or so for a while. Then things dropped off late in her career.

VN Store

Back