Who do you root for now ?

I’m not pulling for Purdue to win. Watching the prep show on TBS today and still sad that our Vols aren’t playing in the elite 8. Showing Edwards and Purdue and talking about them while showing them beat UT. Barkley didn’t agree with the high praise for Edwards they others were giving. Oh well, let it go and move on. There will be a next year for Bball. Go Vols! Think I’ll cheer for Virginia tonight and Gonzaga to win it all.

Purdue. We lost to an excellent team last night and them winning it all would validate that
Disagree, we beat ourselves. We beat them 8/10 times. Two years in a row we get derailed by an inferior team. Virginia knows how to play defense and will kick their sorry butts.

Reactions: Big time vol
Pearl waited to take Auburn job until Tennessee made a decision on Cuonzo, not Cuonzo making a decision on TN. Was simple: Cuonzo makes tourney and he keeps his job. Cuonzo misses tourney and he very likely gets canned.

Bruce took the Auburn job once it was clear that Cuonzo wasn’t getting let go due to the tourney bid.

Once again, you don’t know your history.
Speculation. But you've never been wrong.🤣😎

Reactions: VolGee4 and FlVols
Disagree, we beat ourselves. We beat them 8/10 times. Two years in a row we get derailed by an inferior team. Virginia knows how to play defense and will kick their sorry butts.
Let's face it. Cline went nuts from 3 point range. It was impressive.

Reactions: JohnD13
Not speculation when the timeline and what was common knowledge back everything I said up. Of course, it’s all about who you know.
Ok Squibb. Common knowledge? No way on Earth UT ever hires Pearl back then. Never

Ok Squibb. Common knowledge? No way on Earth UT ever hires Pearl back then. Never

Not once did I say it was a guarantee. Simply said that he did not take the Auburn job until it was clear Tennessee was not dumping Cuonzo after selection Sunday.

Bruce was very much waiting to see what happened at UT before taking any offers, mich less the Auburn job. This is common knowledge and well known.

Not once did I say it was a guarantee. Simply said that he did not take the Auburn job until it was clear Tennessee was not dumping Cuonzo after selection Sunday.

Bruce was very much waiting to see what happened at UT before taking any offers, mich less the Auburn job. This is common knowledge and well known.
Then Pearl is niave. He had zero chance to come back here after show clause ended.

Reactions: Samuellbronkowitz
I'm getting ready to walk over to the Yum Center in a few minutes to watch the game. I had hoped to be watching U.T. tonight, but I came to watch basketball. I will take whatever I can get, since I bought tickets for both days.
Enjoy the game. Sorry you aren’t getting to watch our Vols. Here’s hoping that Va whips them really good!!

Reactions: Samuellbronkowitz
Let's face it. Cline went nuts from 3 point range. It was impressive.
He will never have game like that again. He only averaged 12.1 PPG this past year but did shoot a respectable 41% from 3 point distance. At Tennessee we always find ways to make heros out of unlikely suspects. Last year it was Sister Jean or whatever her name was.

I'm getting ready to walk over to the Yum Center in a few minutes to watch the game. I had hoped to be watching U.T. tonight, but I came to watch basketball. I will take whatever I can get, since I bought tickets for both days.
I sold my tickets for today at a pretty nice profit

He will never have game like that again. He only averaged 12.1 PPG this past year but did shoot a respectable 41% from 3 point distance. At Tennessee we always find ways to make heros out of unlikely suspects. Last year it was Sister Jean or whatever her name was.
It just really amazes me how many so-so players have the "game of their life" against the VOLS. Pisses me off too!! LOL!

This is like the same mentality which leads people to taunt teams they beat with the ‘overrated’ chant. It’s dumb. Wouldn’t it be complimentary of your team that they beat someone who wasn’t overrated? But was actually good...

VN Store

Back