Who do you root for now ?

My statement was absolutely correct. He took the Auburn job before UT had an opening. That is quite clear. Your response doesn’t change that...at all. I am plenty old.

Tennessee opened up after Cuonzo left us after a 3-1 tourney run. Cuonzo was guaranteed to return for another the minute we got a tourney bid. Pearl wasn’t going to wait any longer. I don’t blame him.

You must be a new fan if you can’t remember the timing.

Same here. Baseball season has officially started

Envy!

I wish I liked baseball would make spring so much more fun.......I just don’t care for it.

For some reason I only get into all football, college basketball, hockey only in the playoffs, and I’ll watch some gymnastics with my wife.

Tennessee opened up after Cuonzo left us after a 3-1 tourney run. Cuonzo was guaranteed to return for another the minute we got a tourney bid. Pearl wasn’t going to wait any longer. I don’t blame him.

You must be a new fan if you can’t remember the timing.

Dude, you just confirmed what I said.

Been a fan for a while, thank you.

Yeah that ole Pearl guy is just a snake oil salesmen. Three different schools to the sweet 16, two schools to the elite 8 and looking like a Final Four team. I'm glad he's gone from Knoxville, that shyster. ;)

Reactions: VollerNbham
He took the Auburn job a week after Tennessee got one of the Last 4 spots and had to play in Dayton. At that point during SEC tourney week, there was massive speculation that UT was going to fire Cuonzo. This didn’t mean Bruce was a shoe in to come back. But once we got the Last 4 spot, it was clear Cuonzo wasn’t getting fired and Bruce wasn’t going to wait.

There’s a reason Bruce was hired and introduced on the same day as the first round of the NCAA tourney. Shame is he should have waited a few more weeks and he likely comes back, which he would have chosen over UT.

You have a short memory or must be young if you don’t remember this timeline.
The admin. would have never hired him back.

Dude, you just confirmed what I said.

You’re saying Bruce took the Auburn job before he had a chance at Tennessee.

He only took the Auburn job because at the time Cuonzo was guaranteed to return the next season after making the tourney and was no longer on a very hot seat. There was a reason Bruce took over the Auburn job after selection Sunday even though the Auburn made it clear a coaching change was happening. Context is not your friend

The admin. would have never hired him back.
NORmally I would agree with that statement when talking about the old regime. But having 40K petition and a rabid fan base at the mention of Bruce, it would have been impossible for the admin to survive with Cuonzo bolting and Bruce Pearl being on the market.

Reactions: VolAllen
You’re saying Bruce took the Auburn job before he had a chance at Tennessee.

He only took the Auburn job because at the time Cuonzo was guaranteed to return the next season after making the tourney and was no longer on a very hot seat. There was a reason Bruce took over the Auburn job after selection Sunday even though the Auburn made it clear a coaching change was happening. Context is not your friend

I said Bruce took the Auburn job before UT had an opening. Don’t know how else I can say it. I wonder about that brain of yours.

Pearl and his “fake” crying just then on the tv. Come on you don’t cry and then turn around to the crowd and start cheering them on if you wanted to go check on your player. Come on you are better than that.
Is this for real? One of his young men just suffered an excruciating likely season-ending (and maybe even career-ending) injury. You apparently know nothing about Pearl -- he's very close with his players and has always let his emotions show.

Reactions: Big time vol
I said Bruce took the Auburn job before UT had an opening. Don’t know how else I can say it. I wonder about that brain of yours.

He took the Auburn job once it was clear Cuonzo would be returning after securing the First Four spot. Cuonzo leaving immediately after tourney run was unexpected.... amazing you can’t differienate the two. Can’t tell if you’re a troll or just some new Vol fan who knows nothing of recent history in the program.

Is this for real? One of his young men just suffered an excruciating likely season-ending (and maybe even career-ending) injury. You apparently know nothing about Pearl -- he's very close with his players and has always let his emotions show.
I’m going to try to say this one more time. I know Coach Pearl personally. All I was saying is that if you’re so emotional about your player that you’re crying your eyes out, don’t turn around and cheer on the crowd before going to check on your player. Just run on into the locker room. I like him as a Coach. If he had just told the truth he could have still been our coach at UT. He didn’t and we struggled and now we have a great coach and so does Auburn.

I’m going to try to say this one more time. I know Coach Pearl personally. All I was saying is that if you’re so emotional about your player that you’re crying your eyes out, don’t turn around and cheer on the crowd before going to check on your player. Just run on into the locker room. I like him as a Coach. If he had just told the truth he could have still been our coach at UT. He didn’t and we struggled and now we have a great coach and so does Auburn.

Giving a thumbs up and clapping while walking to the locker room is some cheerleading act? Smh. Dumb take.

Auburn’s may just be slightly greater..

Tried and failed.

You can say it as many times as you want and still be wrong.

He took the Auburn job once it was clear Cuonzo would be returning after securing the First Four spot. Cuonzo leaving immediately after tourney run was unexpected.... amazing you can’t differienate the two. Can’t tell if you’re a troll or just some new Vol fan who knows nothing of recent history in the program.

Lol. Check my posts. There’s nothing to differentiate. Again, the UT job was not open. Yes, Martin had UT in the NCAAT. Pearl took the Auburn job. UT did not have an opening. Pretty simple.

Lol. Check my posts. There’s nothing to differentiate. Again, the UT job was not open. Yes, Martin had UT in the NCAAT. Pearl took the Auburn job. UT did not have an opening. Pretty simple.
I find it funny you were the only person in the world that knew Cuonzo was going to bolt and that it shouldn’t have been treated as a surprise.

Amen. Guy always wore it on his sleeve when here. These fugging azzholes forget everything he poured into this program. Need a throat punch. Maybe they can hold hand and sing kumbaya with Barnes.

Pearl waited to take Auburn job until Tennessee made a decision on Cuonzo, not Cuonzo making a decision on TN. Was simple: Cuonzo makes tourney and he keeps his job. Cuonzo misses tourney and he very likely gets canned.

Bruce took the Auburn job once it was clear that Cuonzo wasn’t getting let go due to the tourney bid.

Once again, you don’t know your history.

VN Store

Back