VFL's in MLB and MiLB

Still don't think he'll be on the opening day roster. I think they'll send him down to Louisville for some seasoning and to avoid the service time crap than call him up later.

That would be my guess also. After watching him this spring, if I were really objective, I might have to agree with the decision. His bat is going to be really hard to keep out of the lineup for very long but he could use a little more game experience in CF. He makes routine plays just fine but still struggles a bit tracking hard hit balls.

That would be my guess also. After watching him this spring, if I were really objective, I might have to agree with the decision. His bat is going to be really hard to keep out of the lineup for very long but he could use a little more game experience in CF. He makes routine plays just fine but still struggles a bit tracking hard hit balls.

As a Red fan I'd really love to see him up but as a small-town franchise we benefit in the long run from keeping under team control longer than having him playing early. I think we can handle CF without him until we do call him up. I'm really excited for his debut though I think he'll be special. I just think the front office and coaching staff's statements about having him be a day one starter is just smoke.

Reactions: txbo
As a Red fan I'd really love to see him up but as a small-town franchise we benefit in the long run from keeping under team control longer than having him playing early. I think we can handle CF without him until we do call him up. I'm really excited for his debut though I think he'll be special. I just think the front office and coaching staff's statements about having him be a day one starter is just smoke.

He's also got to stay healthy. He has just missed a couple games for a strained hamstring.

Senzel and Stewart are in major league camp so they are easy to keep up with. If anybody knows where any of our other boys are, I'd love to hear.

I think the only other Vol in the Reds system is Andy Cox who was hurt last year but spent time in Billings (ROK) and Dayton (A-ful). I'd imagine that he would start in Dayton again this year.

Stewie is lighting them up this spring! Today went 2-3 with 4 rbi's and a grand slam for his 2nd HR in two appearances. I'll see if I can find a clip.
Stewart got some love in the SI baseball preview, named as the breakout fantasy baseball player for the Tigers.

Reactions: txbo
Nick Senzel left a Minor League game after suffering an ankle injury, the team announced on Monday. The Reds are awaiting the results of an exam to determine the severity of the injury.
Senzel, the Reds’ No. 1 prospect, was sent down Friday and was expected to begin the season in Triple-A.

The injury occurred as Senzel was sliding into second base, a source told MLB Pipeline.

Nick Senzel left a Minor League game after suffering an ankle injury, the team announced on Monday. The Reds are awaiting the results of an exam to determine the severity of the injury.
Senzel, the Reds’ No. 1 prospect, was sent down Friday and was expected to begin the season in Triple-A.

The injury occurred as Senzel was sliding into second base, a source told MLB Pipeline.

The kid is cursed.

VN Store

Back