Tony Basilio Tweet

Certainly your right, in spite of all available evidence.

I'm guessing you're for an overhaul of the recruiting end of the LV staff then. Got to get rid of whoever it is that has the uncanny knack for repeatedly signing the most overrated, selfish, uncoachable high school recruits in the history of the world.
I have been saying that someone has been rating these kids wrong all along! Whichever scouting service they are using for their info they need to fire them and get a new one!

It isn’t over until the fat lady sings, but I sure hope CPF has told her to start warming up those pipes.

I feel like she’s gone, but I felt like that last season...and the season before that.

So what you are saying is we can't trust your feelings.?.

I have been saying that someone has been rating these kids wrong all along! Whichever scouting service they are using for their info they need to fire them and get a new one!
Yeah but other schools use the same rating services and the highly rated kids they recruit do fine. How is that?

C'mon, you have to be pretzel person to tie yourself in the knots required to say its been the fault of all two dozen highly rated recruits who have failed to deliver versus that other common factor in their disappointing careers!

Let her finish her contract with no extension. There are other uses for the money we'd spend on a buyout.

Is Holly so incompetent that she relies on a rankings service only? Are you saying she doesn't even bother scouting them because she just blindly goes by ranking? Do you really think she's that big of an idiot? Her only saving grace is that she supposedly recruits well, but apparently that's not the case here.

One of two things: either she is recruiting elite HS players and they are failing to develop under her, or she has never seen these players play and just signs them because they were ranked highly by hoopgurlz.

Go ahead, take your pick. Can't wait to see how you make this one not Holly's fault.

My take: Not being fired but being given a new role and replaced as coach.

Holly needs to be treated w the utmost respect as a LVFL imo. That does NOT include any position in the AD, WBB team, or UT. She needs 5-10 years off site before ever stepping into any role here. A new staff needs zero distractions surrounding a rebuild. Let's make WINNING decisions, not weak emotional ones.

Phil was gone for a decade and still every time CJP farts someone surmises that Phil pulled the finger.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Yeah but other schools use the same rating services and the highly rated kids they recruit do fine. How is that?

C'mon, you have to be pretzel person to tie yourself in the knots required to say its been the fault of all two dozen highly rated recruits who have failed to deliver versus that other common factor in their disappointing careers!
And you have to be Stevie Wonder not to see that these kids have come in and from the beginning some have looked bad! Can't handle ball! Can't shoot at all! Can't pass! Have very little court awareness! etc! Shall I go on! Again these defects were hidden by such an easy OOC schedule that me and you and any 3 more on this board could beat!

And you have to be Stevie Wonder not to see that these kids have come in and from the beginning some have looked bad! Can't handle ball! Can't shoot at all! Can't pass! Have very little court awareness! etc! Shall I go on! Again these defects were hidden by such an easy OOC schedule that me and you and any 3 more on this board could beat!
And they weren't coached up whatsoever by Holly Warlick. Players can't for the most part teach and coach themselves!

Forget if Holly is gone. Bigger question who replaces her? Hopefully an offensive minded fundamentally sounded coach. Tired of the turnover brick by brick mason at the helm.

No offense but I disagree. The big Q is Phil gonna do what he needs to or not? It will be his first high profile fire & hire scenario. And it involves many serious and dedicated fans that can cause him issues.

This is a near watershed moment for his tenure IMO. Plus, atp we should have a herd of quality coaches willing to listen. Pat's been gone 7 years. It's a prime job.

And they weren't coached up whatsoever by Holly Warlick. Players can't for the most part teach and coach themselves!
She did not coach these kids in HS and AAU! So you are saying her job is to teach these kids the basic skills! Trust me somebody long before her dropped that ball!

No offense but I disagree. The big Q is Phil gonna do what he needs to or not? It will be his first high profile fire & hire scenario. And it involves many serious and dedicated fans that can cause him issues.

This is a near watershed moment for his tenure IMO. Plus, atp we should have a herd of quality coaches willing to listen. Pat's been gone 7 years. It's a prime job.

I think hiring Pruitt was his biggest/highest profile hire.

Phillip Fulmer's tenure as AD will not be tarnished by some angry Lady Vol basketball fans.

Fulmer's success is 80% tied to the success of the football team.

Phillip Fulmer's tenure as AD will not be tarnished by some angry Lady Vol basketball fans.

Fulmer's success is 80% tied to the success of the football team.

I would disagree with this to an extent. For older fans, yes. For younger ones like myself, we have grown up in an era where Basketball has surpassed or rivaled football based on results. The Lady Vol legacy is still buoyed a bit since Pat Summit continues to be so recognizable even today.

I would say for me Football is about 40-50%, though I understand finances skew towards more importance in that area.

I would disagree with this to an extent. For older fans, yes. For younger ones like myself, we have grown up in an era where Basketball has surpassed or rivaled football based on results. The Lady Vol legacy is still buoyed a bit since Pat Summit continues to be so recognizable even today.

I would say for me Football is about 40-50%, though I understand finances skew towards more importance in that area.

You are delusional of you believe that basketball will ever come close to the popularity of football, even among younger people.

Besides, football is the money machine for UT athletics.

Profits from football during the 2016-17 fiscal year reached $49.6 million, the document shows. Men's basketball profited $5.9 million. Women's basketball operated at a $2.4 million deficit and other sports combined to operate at a $24 million deficit.

I'm an older fan and I want Holly's a$$ kicked to the curb. If he fails to do it, I'll be extremely disappointed and will question whether he values the lady Vols and Pat's legacy.

We made the tournament this year by the skin of our teeth and it's one of the last significant record the Lady Vols still own. If he retains her and they miss the tournament next year, which is likely, then Fulmer will bare as much of the blame as Holly, IMO.

She did not coach these kids in HS and AAU! So you are saying her job is to teach these kids the basic skills! Trust me somebody long before her dropped that ball!

Her job is to continue growing their talent and potential! When they come out of high school, these girls are not a finished product, not by a long shot! Every coach, especially a good one, will tell you that and tell you they have a whole lot to learn! I've seen so many pro women players say they went to their college coaches early on and asked for help on working on this or that weakness, because their goals were to go on and play pro. To me, it seems Holly has never done that with her players, identify weaknesses, work on them, see what their strengths are, work on that. Her players go backward because she is not doing what a coach should do!
You want to give Holly pass after pass and blame every single thing on the players, fine, but after eight years, everyone can see your point of view is wrong!

And yet she recruited them anyway. What does that say about her?

Basketball is like any game,,,don't use, you lose it

the newbies come in with skills they don't get to use because of tired old opinions. female players have advanced in game and skill yet we hear and read: make a pass with two hands ...(would you tell Jordan Bone this?)

programs are so intent on breaking the athlete down to their image of what they want them to be that they forget to use what they recruited
that is why their skills seemingly get or look depleted years later, because they become something they're not

turnovers when they are unforced and dumb are one thing,, high risk/high rewards turnovers are another thing entirely...yet they get grouped together

When I see E thread a needle to a post and the post gets hit in the head by the pass they weren't expecting,,,guess who's butt I am gonna crawl!

There is nothing wrong with our players/recruits. Holly is the problem! It's very simple, Imo.

right!

Her job is to continue growing their talent and potential! When they come out of high school, these girls are not a finished product, not by a long shot! Every coach, especially a good one, will tell you that and tell you they have a whole lot to learn! I've seen so many pro women players say they went to their college coaches early on and asked for help on working on this or that weakness, because their goals were to go on and play pro. To me, it seems Holly has never done that with her players, identify weaknesses, work on them, see what their strengths are, work on that. Her players go backward because she is not doing what a coach should do!
You want to give Holly pass after pass and blame every single thing on the players, fine, but after eight years, everyone can see your point of view is wrong!

right
squared!

Reactions: cutiepie5

VN Store

Back