Do we go outside of the family?

Holly was given a shot and she failed and as i said before no one is saying they must hire an African American. I just think they should be included in the coaching candidate search that`s my opinion. Niele Ivey would be a very good candidate so would kyra elzy. There are many School that will not even look at hiring an African American.

Which schools are they? Sorry it just seems off to introduce race into a coaching search.

BTW - If Ivey were to leave ND (unlikely) it would only be until Muffett retires. I think Ivey is a lock for ND if she wants it. Plus, I really doubt that UTenn is going to look at anyone - black, white, green or orange - that has no head coaching experience.

True or False?

Kim Mulkey is a Baylor grad.
Geno Auriemma graduated from the University of Connectict.
Muffet McGraw is a Notre Dame alum.
Tara Van DerVeer graduated from Stanford.
Kelly Graves went to college at Oregon.
Dawn Staley graduated from the University of South Carolina.

Are you beginning to see a pattern?

Bingo. Get the best coach you can to replace Holly regardless of where they went to school.

No sane former Lady Vol player should ever become the Tennessee head coach.

The Tennessee ‘fans” will turn on them with extreme malice sooner than later.

Peyton Manning knows this, and will never be the Tennessee head football coach.

Reactions: Silence Dogood
Take the race card and shove it
It's not about race, it's about have the ability to get our program back on track. There are several online articles about the demise of the Lady Vol program. The Lady Vols are the Kentucky (Men's program) of women's college basketball and more than Lady Vol fans are concerned about the direction this program is headed.

I would like to see an African American women or men get an interview for the coaching job if decision is made to fire Holly. I think there are a lot of good candidates out there that are coaching or assistant coaches qualify to be a head coach.
Please tell me what skin color has to do with this? Why not interview the BEST candidates NO MATTER WHAT THEIR SKIN COLOR OR GENDER IS. But I'm sure Affirmative Action will probably dictate who our next coach is no matter what their coaching IQ is.

That is called experience........It looks like she has learned and moved on. In a big way. I think there was more to the story behind her firing at NC State than what was in the W/L column and put out in the media by the university. Look close.
This isn't the place for second chances and redemption experiments.

True or False?

Kim Mulkey is a Baylor grad.
Geno Auriemma graduated from the University of Connectict.
Muffet McGraw is a Notre Dame alum.
Tara Van DerVeer graduated from Stanford.
Kelly Graves went to college at Oregon.
Dawn Staley graduated from the University of South Carolina.

Are you beginning to see a pattern?
Truth, why is keeping it all in the family eve

Bingo. Get the best coach you can to replace Holly regardless of where they went to school.

Tennessee’s women’s basketball program is very comparable to North Carolina in men’s basketball. I recall when Dean Smith retired, he was replaced by Guthridge, a former long time assistant I believe. Guthridge coached a few years and had marginal success before he decided to retire. North Carolina brass decided they wanted to hire a Carolina guy who was young for the long term. They hired Matt Doherty, a former player who played on one of the great Carolina teams (MJ, Worthy, Sam Perkins). Doherty was in his 1st year or so at Notre Dame when he took the job with his alma mater. Anyone who knows the history is aware that Doherty was a disaster and was fired after only 3 or so years. Carolina remembered their pedigree and went out and got Roy Williams from Kansas. I’d say they made a good choice after 3 more NC’s, don’t you?

My point is that Tennessee Women’s basketball is a blue blood program and shouldn’t settle for an unproven head coach, nor should they hire an assistant even from a major program. Fulmer should go after the top named coaches out there. I’ve got to believe one of them would love to come to a storied program like the Lady Vols.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Has anyone thought about Kelly Harper? She has led three different programs to the NCAA tournament and is still in the tournament with a huge win over Depaul, which is more than can be said about Tennessee. It was done with one senior, one junior, and the rest freshman and sophomores. She was also named MVC coach of the year this year if I am not mistaken. She is WINNING and I don't know if she has one McDonald All American on her team, unlike Holly! Also being a part of that 3 consecutive national title team, she is well aware of what kind of work it takes to get there. I actually think she is far enough removed from the current "Pat crew" that is still at UT that it would not effect her. However, I could be wrong about that, but I hope not! Don't get me wrong I LOVED Coach Summitt, but even she would not tolerate where the program is today. Not for a second! I will be watching and pulling for Missouri State.......GO BEARS

Kelly Jolley was CANNED after 4 years at N.C. State. Never had a winning record in the ACC while there. She is where she belongs. Coaching at a mid major school.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Fredo-you-are-my-older-brother-and-I-love-you.-But-do-not-ever-take-sides-with.jpg

VN Store

Back