Do we go outside of the family?

Are you kidding? Winning in the NCAA tourney seems like a wonderful accomplishment for the LVs right now. We should set that as a goal. Are you dealing realistically with where we are right now?
Are you? The top women's college basketball program in history still stocked with talent resides in Knoxville. There is now no legend to follow. Winning an NCAA tournament game is not even on the goals list of any coach we can and should hire.[/QUOTE
Why would you assume that? She failed with Power 5 talent at NC State. Her conference record there was abysmal. That is coaching against equivalent programs. Her out of conference record put her a bit over .500. She excels at coaching against weak opponents, then and now. The coach replacing her immediately started winning there with same talent.

Look what staying within the family has gotten us. Kellie Harper great mid major coach but failed miserably at NC State. Nikki Fargas has underachieved at LSU... Hell no to those! Call Jeff Walz, Vic Schafer, Wes Moore, or Muffet McGraw and open the checkbook! Need a proven winner who can recruit and produce on the court!
Tennessee can do better than Kellie Jolly Harper

View attachment 199067
Yes....like the current coach we have???

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
To all .....................If a change is made, let's hope and pray it is the right one! I think everyone here wants the same thing: Lady Vols winning big again and a national title competitor. It's been fun!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
No reply but that? That says EVERYTHING!
Well, yes, that is all. You actually began arguing a point completely in the same direction as the original statement. You not only made my point with your statement, you went beyond it while not understanding that you were actually in agreement with me and moving beyond my own opinion with your own personal thoughts and opinion. So, yes, that was all I could say. You totally did not understand what you were arguing in the least.

Well, yes, that is all. You actually began arguing a point completely in the same direction as the original statement. You not only made my point with your statement, you went beyond it while not understanding that you were actually in agreement with me and moving beyond my own opinion with your own personal thoughts and opinion. So, yes, that was all I could say. You totally did not understand what you were arguing in the least.
You HAVE to be kidding!!!!! Your funny!

Kellie Jolly Harper wouldn't be my first pick but I'd be happy with her if that's the best we could get. She couldn't turn around NC State but she'll have a much better platform in Knoxville and has a talented roster to work with. My biggest concern is that if she isnt successful at UT it hurts her legacy here, as she is one of my all time favorite players at Tennessee and personified everything Pat embodied.

Her 11-seeded young team just knocked off a 3 seed.

In front of a very loud, hostile crowd.
That’s right. Congrats to Coach Kellie Jolly Harper! Her team, 11 seed Missouri State began the NCAA Tournament by beating 6 seed DePaul, and has tonight beaten 3 seed Iowa State at Iowa State’s gym, the place was packed. Her team led the whole game.

Has anyone thought about Kelly Harper? She has led three different programs to the NCAA tournament and is still in the tournament with a huge win over Depaul, which is more than can be said about Tennessee. It was done with one senior, one junior, and the rest freshman and sophomores. She was also named MVC coach of the year this year if I am not mistaken. She is WINNING and I don't know if she has one McDonald All American on her team, unlike Holly! Also being a part of that 3 consecutive national title team, she is well aware of what kind of work it takes to get there. I actually think she is far enough removed from the current "Pat crew" that is still at UT that it would not effect her. However, I could be wrong about that, but I hope not! Don't get me wrong I LOVED Coach Summitt, but even she would not tolerate where the program is today. Not for a second! I will be watching and pulling for Missouri State.......GO BEARS
Hey southerngirl, Coach Kellie Jolly Harper’s 11 seeded team just got their 2nd upset of the NCAA Tournament, beat 3 seed Iowa State, at a packed Iowa State gym! They led the whole way, impressive!

Reactions: southerngirl

VN Store

Back